Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium - Bassist Joins Evanescence

Equilibrium's bassist Jen Majura has joined forces with the rock band Evanescence as their new guitarist. This is due to Terry Balsamo's departure after working with Evanescence on two albums. Evanescence's Amy Lee wrote on Facebook that she met Jen Majura during a show in Germany and apparently was impressed by her performance on stage.

"After scouring the globe, I found Evanescence's missing piece in South Germany. She plays like a supervillan, sings like an angel, and laughs like a great friend. We spent a few days together last week in New York sharing eerily familiar life stories, sushi, artistic inspiration, other people's shoes, and SO many laughs! (Yeah, okay, and maybe there were a couple of stiff drinks mixed in there)."

It is still unknown if Jen Majura will continue to work with Equilibrium or not but they did congratulate her on the job, posting on Facebook: "Wow, these are big news! Our bass player Jen Majura is from now on also playing guitar at Evanescence. The whole Equi crew says congratulation Jen!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Equilibrium
Posted: 09.08.2015 by PocketMetal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 228 users
09.08.2015 - 14:06
FeskarN
That was suprising, going to a crappy rock band but I hope she stays in Equilibrium still, she has amazing energy on stage.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
09.08.2015 - 14:11
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by FeskarN on 09.08.2015 at 14:06

That was suprising, going to a crappy rock band but I hope she stays in Equilibrium still, she has amazing energy on stage.

Judging by how much Evanescence has been touring or releasing studio outputs, it is safe to say that she can handle Equilibrium too.
09.08.2015 - 14:25
cossaisVendeurs
To be fair, Evanescence have gotten better with each album.
09.08.2015 - 14:25
FeskarN
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 09.08.2015 at 14:11

Written by FeskarN on 09.08.2015 at 14:06

Judging by how much Evanescence has been touring or releasing studio outputs, it is safe to say that she can handle Equilibrium too.

alright, good to hear.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
09.08.2015 - 14:44
Kais
What.
09.08.2015 - 21:37
That would be like Lauri Porra joining KoRn.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
09.08.2015 - 22:50
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Maybe an upgrade in money, but... in terms of musical talent, that is a downgrade of epic proportions.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
09.08.2015 - 23:38
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Let's face it... it's because she's a hot bassist. Biggest selling point in mainstream bands.
10.08.2015 - 01:24
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Dark Cornatus on 09.08.2015 at 23:38

Let's face it... it's because she's a hot bassist. Biggest selling point in mainstream bands.

Yep. And it sounds like Amy Lee wanted a friend. Whatever, can't really say I blame her. Sadly, I would have probably done the same thing.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
10.08.2015 - 03:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Yep, tapping into that hot rock chick market. It's profitable, plenty of "Hottest Chicks in Metal" magazine stories for exposure. Not her fault though, she didn't choose to be born a female. She did choose to do something unusual and join a folk metal band, which I can only commend her for being so awesome. Even with the aesthetic exploitation, you can't blame her for taking the opportunity, jumping from a band that has ~2m listens on Spotify to a shittier one that has over ~100m. Easier shows, more money.
10.08.2015 - 09:38
FYA
Destroyer
She's not so hot. Previous redhead was better.
10.08.2015 - 10:21
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I wonder how many Evanescencefans have now gone to youtube to look at Equilibrium?

Written by FYA on 10.08.2015 at 09:38

Previous redhead was better.

Was anyone else curious/suspicious as to why both siblings left the band together?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.08.2015 - 11:51
Reaper_Redeemer
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 09.08.2015 at 14:25

To be fair, Evanescence have gotten better with each album.

I completely disagree. Although Terry's riffs were good, he added more groovy and lead melodies adding a new dimension on the simplistic Ben Moody's guitar style, just compare "origins" with the last one. It was by far more inspiring than the mainstream "factory" release that was the last one. The open door was good, it was an album with no filler tracks, but after fallen's explosion there was not much left for songwritting, even if the performance was great.
10.08.2015 - 15:11
Sword_Chant
Written by gopherhawk2@gmail.co on 09.08.2015 at 21:37

Haha love this comment
10.08.2015 - 16:28
WinterMadness
Huh.
10.08.2015 - 16:31
WinterMadness
Written by M C Vice on 10.08.2015 at 10:21

I wonder how many Evanescencefans have now gone to youtube to look at Equilibrium?

My guess would be approximately 0, considering all the articles talking about Jen as the new member of Evanescence make no mention of Equilibrium, let alone anything else she's done in the past. They make it out like she was just sitting doing nothing in Germany and Amy picked her up.
10.08.2015 - 19:17
EmeraldSword
Written by gopherhawk2@gmail.co on 09.08.2015 at 21:37

Lol. That comment made me nearly lose my morning smoothie.
10.08.2015 - 20:57
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Oh well... I kinda liked their debut (real debut, 'Origin').
10.08.2015 - 22:05
Taravilyaion

I seriously hope none.
I would seriously hate it if Viking/Folk would become so popular as Gothic Metal was a couple of years ago (ie. Within Temptation, Nightwish and the rest of those bands).
All those f'ing emo's who couldn't see the difference between emo-core and goth-metal.
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
11.08.2015 - 11:24
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Taravilyaion on 10.08.2015 at 22:05

I seriously hope none.
I would seriously hate it if Viking/Folk would become so popular as Gothic Metal was a couple of years ago (ie. Within Temptation, Nightwish and the rest of those bands).
All those f'ing emo's who couldn't see the difference between emo-core and goth-metal.

I call Equilibrium pretty popular. Maybe not mainstream, but not far behind Ensiferum etc.

Also how is Within Temptation and Nightwish Gothic Metal? Within Temptation on first (largely less common) album, but that's it! I REALLY hate when female operatic fronted bands get labelled as Gothic. Not even close!
11.08.2015 - 15:03
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by WinterMadness on 10.08.2015 at 16:31

My guess would be approximately 0, considering all the articles talking about Jen as the new member of Evanescence make no mention of Equilibrium, let alone anything else she's done in the past. They make it out like she was just sitting doing nothing in Germany and Amy picked her up.

Bit of a dick move, not mentioning the new recruit's other work.

Written by Taravilyaion on 10.08.2015 at 22:05

I seriously hope none.

Well, I for one would like to see folk metal get more exposure. Maybe then the shops would stock more than just Eluveitie and Fintroll (if that, even).
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 3656 | This month: 8