Vombatus (Spain) 100%
Alakazam () 100%

News

Comments

Comments: 22   Visited by: 63 users
11.08.2015 - 00:49
Vombatus
Potorro
Oh boy, here we go again... already got my ticket Kinda premature in terms of logistics but dude, look DAT lineup!!
11.08.2015 - 21:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Argh fuck... Welp. I can't make it because of something as small as my graduation day (lol). So, yeah.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2015 - 23:03
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 11.08.2015 at 00:49
Oh boy, here we go again... already got my ticket Kinda premature in terms of logistics but dude, look DAT lineup!!

If things go smooth for me, I'm so going to be there again.
16.08.2015 - 15:19
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Guest on 15.08.2015 at 23:03

If things go smooth for me, I'm so going to be there again.

Good to hear I really hope I can make it, though with 10 month anticipation it's hard to know...
25.02.2016 - 18:46
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.08.2015 at 21:20
I can't make it because of something as small as my graduation day

Same situation happened to me last year - my degree show on what was there best line-up by far. .
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

10.05.2016 - 03:30
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Tickets and hotel sorted, always nice to have it placed as a premature birthday celebration!

Absolutely looking forward to seeing Ruins Of Beverast again. Now if only Cruciamentum, Grave Miasma and Teitanblood could turn up too that would be greeeeaaat.
----

29.05.2016 - 13:51
Vombatus
Potorro
Damn, Temples running into trouble... Agoraphobic pulled out, and now it's Weekend Nachos (saying it's the organisers fault). And I don't expect an equivalent replacement, which sucks. Plus the running order is confusing and full of stupid mistakes, even just a few days before it starts.
Hope the fest runs smoothly though.
30.05.2016 - 17:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Temples Festival
35 minuten ·

Patrons of Temples Festival,

After an arduous 48hrs of uncertainty, and with deepest reluctance we have been forced to cancel Temples Festival 2016.

At the beginning of last week, the organisation we had onboard to finance the event pulled their funding, and with limited access to advance ticket sales and no sponsors to back us we have been unable to source the funding required to cover the overheads which would allow Temples Festival to go ahead.

Following Temples 2015, we were left with a sizeable debt and as opposed to dissolving the company and declaring bankruptcy - I decided to take on the debts personally and subsequently pay off all our creditors in instalments as quickly as possible, this meant bands, staff and contractors were all paid late - and it's had a crippling effect on both my professional and personal life as a whole - truth be told, I made a series of bad business decisions and dealt with the situation very poorly - which I take full accountability for.

I've spent the past week trying to gain access to the funds we need to make this year work and avoid the problems we encountered following last year's event, with our financiers pulling their involvement - it's been an uphill battle, which I've fought to the best of my abilities - and unfortunately, have been defeated.

Over the past weekend, I've been attempting to produce the festival's continuation on a 'scaled down' level so we can offer something for those of you who have purchased tickets, accommodation, transport etc and allow the bands who are touring, UK based etc - unfortunately this morning it became clear that even if we were to proceed as such, we'd be left with another huge debt and therefore unable to pay the bands, staff, venue, contractors and a number of other crucial overheads the festival relies on - thus repeating the mistakes that were made last year.

Having already lost in the region of £70,000 throughout Temples Festival's existence - I'm afraid adding more debt to that will simply cripple both myself and the festival, and after such a difficult year it's not an option for me to take on such a huge debt personally.

I am deeply deeply sorry to all of those who will lose out as a result of this decision, having put three years of my life and having already lost so much of it to the festival I'm afraid there is no option to continue with Temples Festival 2016 and I take full responsibility for events cancellation. I am truly sorry.

My intention was always to setup a unique UK festival which books bands who are rarely seen in the UK, I've tirelessly dedicated myself to this event for a long time now and the decision to cancel this year's event has been unequivocally the hardest call I've ever had to make in my life. My sincere apologies to those of you who will lose out as a result of this, I am truly sorry - but I can't face another year of debts & damage.

Thank you to everyone who has actively supported Temples Festival from the start, I launched this ambitious event with the best intentions and unfortunately it's become too damaging for me to oversee single handedly. Although curating the festival is something I've been able to do well - managing the business side of the event has proven too much for me. I've been promoting concerts for half of my life, and those of you who know of the work I've done will hopefully be aware of how upsetting and damaging this decision has been to me on every level.

Our ethos has been No Surrender for the past year, as I was determined to make this festival work and finish what I started. I've worked so hard to make this happen for our Patrons in 2016 but against my will and core beliefs - today's news has forced me to surrender.

Ticket refunds are available from your point of purchase, please contact them for a full refund.

Again, thank you to those of you who have been supporting this event for the past three years - your encouragement and kind words have kept me going through incredibly difficult times and I hope that despite this negative outcome you've at least enjoyed the two events we hosted for you. I'm proud of what was achieved with this event, and if there was any way of making this year work I'd be continuing with the same passion and dedication which oversaw the last two editions of Temples Festival.

With the utmost regret & sincerity,

Francis Mace
- Temples Festival
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.05.2016 - 21:46
Vombatus
Potorro
"I got a £70,000 debt and the festival is not viable but I aint gonna say anything until 3 days before it starts."

Well played Temples, WELL FUCKING PLAYED.

Fuck this shit.

(loved last year's edition, gotta give you that )
30.05.2016 - 22:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 30.05.2016 at 21:46

"I got a £70,000 debt and the festival is not viable but I aint gonna say anything until 3 days before it starts."

Well played Temples, WELL FUCKING PLAYED.

Fuck this shit.

(loved last year's edition, gotta give you that )

The Fleece and the The Gryphon look like they're making an effort to put on as many bands as they can, so might not be a total loss! Other venues might follow suit too. Gonna go anyway as I can't get train refunded. Should be a laff at any rate.
30.05.2016 - 22:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 25.02.2016 at 18:46

Same sort of thing happened to me for this last year, although it was my degree show instead ( ).

You still going now? Be good to catch up again.
31.05.2016 - 00:13
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Guest on 30.05.2016 at 22:40

You still going now? Be good to catch up again.

Yep, not wasting the hotel up. Surprisingly I didn't think you were going.
----

31.05.2016 - 01:23
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Guest on 30.05.2016 at 22:38

The Fleece and the The Gryphon look like they're making an effort to put on as many bands as they can, so might not be a total loss! Other venues might follow suit too. Gonna go anyway as I can't get train refunded. Should be a laff at any rate.

Yep, quite a few bands playing The Fleece on Saturday! Got my ticket for that
Hope someone books Urfaust+Esoteric on Friday, as they want to play somewhere. Would make my trip more bearable
31.05.2016 - 14:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 31.05.2016 at 00:13

Yep, not wasting the hotel up. Surprisingly I didn't think you were going.

Yeah, was a last minute decision as I came into some money last week. Probably gonna do ArcTanGent fest as well, and may get a Netherlands Deathfest ticket as well ready for next year :3
31.05.2016 - 14:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 31.05.2016 at 01:23

Hope someone books Urfaust+Esoteric on Friday, as they want to play somewhere. Would make my trip more bearable

Hoping the same for Urfaust and Esoteric, they've been pretty vocal so sure someone will throw them a bone. That would definitely take the disappointing edge off the weekend, especially if Ruins of Beverast somehow ended up playing with them too

But yeah, got my ticket for the Fleece gig sorted, they did well with that little line up.
31.05.2016 - 21:24
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Guest on 31.05.2016 at 14:22

Written by Vombatus on 31.05.2016 at 01:23

Hoping the same for Urfaust and Esoteric, they've been pretty vocal so sure someone will throw them a bone. That would definitely take the disappointing edge off the weekend, especially if Ruins of Beverast somehow ended up playing with them too

But yeah, got my ticket for the Fleece gig sorted, they did well with that little line up.

I didn't get my ticket in time, when I saw the Facebook profile yesterday it didn't show everyone announced then. 420 people capacity from a 2000+ capacity venue of fans? Fucking fucked off fucking fucked off. I'll have some vinegar added with it.
----

31.05.2016 - 22:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 31.05.2016 at 21:24

I didn't get my ticket in time, when I saw the Facebook profile yesterday it didn't show everyone announced then. 420 people capacity from a 2000+ capacity venue of fans? Fucking fucked off fucking fucked off. I'll have some vinegar added with it.

Ah balls =[ there does seem to be a lot of people missing out going by the event page. They just announced a Friday gig, which will be Mayhem and Esoteric, but it's £33, for what looks like just the two bands. Probably not gonna bother with it, as Mayhem probably won't sound great anyway.
31.05.2016 - 23:36
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Guest on 31.05.2016 at 22:11

Written by Alakazam on 31.05.2016 at 21:24

Ah balls =[ there does seem to be a lot of people missing out going by the event page. They just announced a Friday gig, which will be Mayhem and Esoteric, but it's £33, for what looks like just the two bands. Probably not gonna bother with it, as Mayhem probably won't sound great anyway.

Yeah, the venues working on last minute gigs are way smaller than Motion, so it's inevitable. Amatsu, you can always drop by The Gryphon on saturday, they have a free show with decent stuff like Svalbard.
I hope to grab a Mayhem ticket, want to make the most out of the trip.
01.06.2016 - 20:26
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Vombatus on 31.05.2016 at 23:36

Written by Guest on 31.05.2016 at 22:11

Yeah, the venues working on last minute gigs are way smaller than Motion, so it's inevitable. Amatsu, you can always drop by The Gryphon on saturday, they have a free show with decent stuff like Svalbard.
I hope to grab a Mayhem ticket, want to make the most out of the trip.

Thankfully me and my girlfriend succeeded in grabbing the Mayhem/ Esoteric Friday and the Sunday Jucifer/ Conan Fleece shows. This will... (wait for it) be my first Mayhem show. Is this your first time seeing Esoteric Jooe? I will see if I can do anything about the Fleece on Saturday, yet if not then I'll come about to the Gryphon. I remember listening to Svalbard back when I saw their album on last years recommendations forum.
----

01.06.2016 - 21:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 01.06.2016 at 20:26

Thankfully me and my girlfriend succeeded in grabbing the Mayhem/ Esoteric Friday and the Sunday Jucifer/ Conan Fleece shows. This will... (wait for it) be my first Mayhem show. Is this your first time seeing Esoteric Jooe? I will see if I can do anything about the Fleece on Saturday, yet if not then I'll come about to the Gryphon. I remember listening to Svalbard back when I saw their album on last years recommendations forum.

I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay that much for two bands... and my housemate wasn't too bothered about it. She's not really into black metal or funeral doom anyway. We'll find something else to do Friday night, though go there for the after party thing (either there or at the Gryphon). Definitely doing the Saturday and Friday gigs though. Hope you manage to get tickets for the Saturday one somehow. Might even wander over for Svalbard though depending on who they clash with on Saturday.
03.06.2016 - 16:23
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Quote:
Written by Guest on 01.06.2016 at 21:29

I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay that much for two bands... and my housemate wasn't too bothered about it. She's not really into black metal or funeral doom anyway. We'll find something else to do Friday night, though go there for the after party thing (either there or at the Gryphon). Definitely doing the Saturday and Friday gigs though. Hope you manage to get tickets for the Saturday one somehow. Might even wander over for Svalbard though depending on who they clash with on Saturday.

Sadly tried as I might I failed to get tickets from that godawful site. So I've got tomorrow planned with a trip to the zoo and Svalbard fyi. Do you know if there's any type of party or thing happening after Bongripper?
----

06.06.2016 - 22:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 03.06.2016 at 16:23

Sadly tried as I might I failed to get tickets from that godawful site. So I've got tomorrow planned with a trip to the zoo and Svalbard fyi. Do you know if there's any type of party or thing happening after Bongripper?

Sorry I didn't catch you to say goodbye. We left after Jucifer to get food and ended up feeling pretty exhausted from the rest of the weekend so went home instead of heading on to The Gryphon again. Had way too much booze on Saturday. Was good to talk to you though over the weekend, hopefully Bristol will do something similar next year.

Props to the Fleece for saving the weekend. Jucifer, Conan, Groundhogs and Arabrot were definitely the highlights for me.

Hits total: 1952 | This month: 3