Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - New Album Update

Swedish melodic death metallers Amon Amarth announced at the beginning of the year that they would focus entirely on their new album in the summer. It seems like they are doing exactly that as they are spending a week in "a cabin in the woods", according to frontman Johan Hegg, writing and rehearsing material for their next album, which is tentatively due out in 2016.

As of now, they haven't yet announced a replacement for drummer Fredrik Andersson, who left the band in March after 17 years of service.

Source: twitter.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 18.08.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 312 users
18.08.2015 - 13:03
Windrider
Raureif
I hope this will be better than their last, which for me was quite a letdown after Surtur Rising...
18.08.2015 - 17:41
X5452
Account deleted
Another rehash of viking songs, yay...
18.08.2015 - 19:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 18.08.2015 at 17:41

Another rehash of viking songs, yay...

The image AA has created for so many years.

I hate it when someone says something like that about Amon Amarth. But, it is acceptable on all grounds.

I hope this time they will bring the jinx and create album that will break all weak strings of Amarth.
18.08.2015 - 20:20
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.08.2015 at 19:41

I hope this time they will bring the jinx and create album that will break all weak strings of Amarth.

How about Graves?
18.08.2015 - 22:14
s_t_s

Written by Windrider on 18.08.2015 at 13:03

I hope this will be better than their last, which for me was quite a letdown after Surtur Rising...

I really like their latest album as it showed a new direction, tho still following their Viking vibe of course. Don't know what to expect next but so far they have never disappointed me so I'm sure their new album will rock like hell !
19.08.2015 - 23:58
Opethian

I don't know if it's too late for them to release an album that can 'Wow' their fans at this point in they're career. The last album that did that for me was their 2006 album. Just rehashed and lackluster in a lot of ways after that, especially on their last offering. Here's to high hopes in that they can deliver a solid album

Hits total: 3545 | This month: 5