Metal Storm logo
SikTh - Reveal Mini-Album Cover And More

A few months ago, SikTh announced a new EP which now turns out to be a mini-album, their first release since they reunited in 2013 and since 2006's EP Flogging The Horses. Today we find out more about this release. It's titled Opacities and is made up of 6 songs including one spoken word. The cover artwork that has been created by Dan Mumford is available below and you can pre-order this release here.

Singer Mikee Goodman says of this release: "I really love what Dan Mumford has done here. There is a clear divide under the cityscape between the bright over indulgent lights of the riches and then the squalor underneath. The concept of Opacities comes from the layers we see beneath the surface. The undertone of the city. It can relate to anything though whether it be humans or whatever. Also inspired by the hypocrisy in modern culture."

After the November release, SikTh have a December UK tour scheduled with support coming from Hacktivist and Feed The Rhino:

Sat 5th - Classic Grand, Glasgow
Sun 6th - Academy 2, Manchester
Thur 10th - Motion, Bristol
Fri 11th - Academy 2, Birmingham
Sat 12th - Forum, London

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: SikTh
Posted: 20.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 73 users
20.08.2015 - 20:57
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Not sure about that artwork, but new SikTh is new SikTh.
20.08.2015 - 21:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lovely artwork. Looks like a cross between Pertubator and KMFDM or something. Really hope they do something akin to the debut album. Every year I go back to Death of a Dead Day and it gets a bit more rubbish each time, whereas the debut maintains its genius to this day.
20.08.2015 - 21:57
Lethrokai

Album art's interesting. Getting a bit of a Perturbator vibe, though I'm curious if it'll show in the music.

Also hoping for something more like the first release. Either that or something new but equally raw in goodness
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
20.08.2015 - 21:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 20.08.2015 at 21:03

Lovely artwork. Looks like a cross between Pertubator and KMFDM or something. Really hope they do something akin to the debut album. Every year I go back to Death of a Dead Day and it gets a bit more rubbish each time, whereas the debut maintains its genius to this day.

Am I insane if I said that I thought of brazil for a second?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.08.2015 - 23:59
FYA
Destroyer
First impressiom - since when SikTh is making synthwave? Cover looks totally like Perturbator or Power Glove. Wonder if they will add some synthwave to their music:D
21.08.2015 - 00:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.08.2015 at 21:59

Am I insane if I said that I thought of brazil for a second?

I see what you mean. Just needs a samurai and a guy with wings having a battle near the bottom and it would be complete.

Hits total: 1799 | This month: 4