Metal Storm logo
Fairyland - Looking For Label, Add Members To Lineup

Here's a little update from Fairyland. Phillippe "Phil" Giordana has been working on new songs for the band's follow up to Score To A New Beginning (2009) and they are also looking for a new label as the new record will not be released via Napalm Records, as previously planned. Also, Fairyland will have new members and will not just be a solo project anymore. For now, the line-up is comprised of Willdric Lievin (Hamka) on bass, JB Pol (Kerion, Hamka) on drums and Phillippe "Phil" Giordana on keyboards. Francesco Cavalieri (Wind Rose) will handle vocals on the new album.

This is Phil Giordana's statement: "Well, here's a bit of news. First, the one that sucks: Napalm Records won't be releasing Fairyland's next album. So we're looking for a new label. Second: notice that I've said 'we'. After careful thinking and talks, I've decided to turn Fairyland back into a genuine band, as opposed to a solo project. I think I've made my point with Score To A New Beginning (for those who didn't follow, it was to prove that I could continue in the band's spirit without the ex members). There are quite a few advantages to going back to a steady formation, one of which is the non-negligible opportunity to play live more often. As of now, the line up is comprised of Willdric Lievin (Hamka) on the bass, JB Pol (Kerion, Hamka) on the drums and myself on keyboards. I'm waiting for confirmation from those who will hold the positions of singer and solo guitarist. In the next few weeks, I will start looking for a serious and available rhythmic guitarist. Once all that is done, I'll announce the final formation. As for the in-depth work to come: I have to get major surgery before the end of this year, so it will be a little demanding to try and manage everything at once. But mostly, it will be recording the album (we expect to start studio work in about two weeks), preparing a promo video, confirming the final line up, and looking for a new label.

"Francesco Cavalieri (Wind Rose) will be holding the lead vocals on this new album, Willdric will handle the bass, JB kick the drums, I'll stay on the keys, and Quentin Godet will shred the guitar solos. We'll see about the rhythmic guitars when we're there. Willdric and I will handle the choirs, as well as Francesco for additional parts. All in all, I am extremely excited about this new start and can't wait to share our work with the fans. Cheeeeeeers!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fairyland
Posted: 25.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 47 users
26.08.2015 - 00:42
Ruchesko

Hamka and Kerion? Frenchmen assemble!
26.08.2015 - 21:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Yes yes yes
----
27.08.2015 - 07:17
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Was literally just thinking about these guys and then check here and wala lol. Can't wait for more news and hopefully more new tunes! Also a music video would be cool to see form them.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
30.08.2015 - 17:47
Found his albums interesting so I'll definitely keep an eye on them.

Hits total: 1708 | This month: 10