Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - To Embark On World Tour In 2016

Prepare for an Iron Maiden world domination as the legendary heavy metal band is preparing to embark on a world tour next year in support of the upcoming double album, The Book Of Souls which will be released worldwide next week on September 4th. And they have already dropped a few hints on the destinations. They are taking touring to a new level using a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet (aka Queen of the Skies) for their World Tour next year. The new Ed Force One will take the band, crew and over 12 tons of equipment more than 55,000 miles (88,500km) around the planet with concerts in six of the seven continents (Australasia, Asia, North and South America, Africa and Europe) with the tour expected to visit around 35 countries.

Vocalist Bruce Dickinson is currently in training for his licence to fly the massive four engine jet, which is almost twice the size and over three times the weight of the Boeing 757 used on previous tours in 2008/9/11.

Details of the precise schedule are currently being finalised and they will commence announcements of specific dates for the different territories in a few weeks' time. However, they can reveal that The Book Of Souls World Tour will open in the U.S.A in late February with Ed Force One flying in for three shows before, in early March, heading into Central America visiting Mexico, followed by a much anticipated first ever concert in El Salvador and a return to Costa Rica. Ed Force One then proceeds into South America for concerts in Argentina, Chile and a number of shows in Brazil before flying back to the USA at the end of March for ten more cities covering the USA and, of course, Canada in the first two weeks of April.

A long awaited return to Japan follows later in April, and then the band are delighted to be playing their first ever shows in China before heading to New Zealand and Australia for a comprehensive tour during the first half of May. Shows in South Africa, Maiden's first visit there with Bruce, will be the last port of call before Ed Force One heads to Europe for a very extensive tour starting in late May and finishing in early August. This will the first time Ed Force One has ever been used on any European tour dates and will provide transport there for at least for the first few weeks.

Bruce Dickinson comments: "We're all really excited at the thought of bringing our brand new tour to fans who have never seen us play live before, and of course re-visiting all our old friends again too. You can rest assured we are all working hard to put together a spectacular show for our fans."

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 26.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 262 users
26.08.2015 - 12:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Portugal better be on that European tour, Eddie or there will be blood!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.08.2015 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 26.08.2015 at 12:51

Portugal better be on that European tour, Eddie or there will be blood!

Well Sweden will be but ....1000km south and since ticket will be over payed like 100 euros, I would not pay more then 30 for any band, plus travel , no thanks,
Bruce has balls to fly and sing, where he get energy?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.08.2015 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Another maiden tour, I wont think I wanna see it, another trooper, I tried live albums in row and get sick of maiden till next life, maybe studio songs
IMO band should change 70% set list
----

apos;'
[image]
26.08.2015 - 18:47
FYA
Destroyer
They need to release live dvd from this tour. Or two. Or three...
26.08.2015 - 18:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 26.08.2015 at 14:39

Well Sweden will be but ....1000km south and since ticket will be over payed like 100 euros, I would not pay more then 30 for any band, plus travel , no thanks,

That is true. Is Bruce up for it? I mean he had cancer recently. Still not sure how his voice will be live but he is getting older, so that's normal. They wouldn't book the tours if he wasn't well though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.08.2015 - 19:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 26.08.2015 at 18:54

Written by Bad English on 26.08.2015 at 14:39

That is true. Is Bruce up for it? I mean he had cancer recently. Still not sure how his voice will be live but he is getting older, so that's normal. They wouldn't book the tours if he wasn't well though.

at home it can eb ok, mid tour it can be worst.. you never know
----

apos;'
[image]
27.08.2015 - 00:22
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I'm thinking it will be their last World Tour, so i will see them. They are good fun live, even if Bruce's voice is batshit now.
27.08.2015 - 07:07
mikeprado30

Costa Rica awaits for Eddie!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
31.08.2015 - 00:39
Veertje

I went to their show at the TT Circuit in Assen, years ago, which was one of the most enjoyable gigs I attended so far. Hopefully they'll do a show like that again, not just festivals and stuff.
03.09.2015 - 12:12
Daniell
_爱情_
I really want to hear "Empire of the Clouds" and "The Red and the Black" live. Iron Maiden love Poland, so let's hope they visit my country again.
25.02.2016 - 11:46
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Daniell on 03.09.2015 at 12:12

I really want to hear "Empire of the Clouds" and "The Red and the Black" live. Iron Maiden love Poland, so let's hope they visit my country again.

They're not playing "Empire" (at least judging by their first gig in Fort Lauderdale), but two other wishes are coming true. I'm seeing Irons in in my on July 3rd
Also, Bruce's voice seems to be in good shape.
25.02.2016 - 18:51
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Dickinson has said in interviews that they won't be playing "Empire of the Clouds", but other than that it looks like they're playing a good chunk of new material. Could have skipped "Death Or Glory" though.

"Wasted Years" as the closer is pretty unexpected.

Hits total: 4197 | This month: 3