Metal Storm logo
Satyricon - To Celebrate 20th Anniversary Of 'Nemesis Divina'

Black metallers Satyricon are going to revisit a special album in their career, the timeless and towering Nemesis Divina. Satyricon will return in 2016 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this seminal masterpiece, with a never-to-be-repeated series of exclusive European shows, wherein the Norwegian trailblazers will perform the album in its entirety for the first and last time.

"It's not what we do and it won't happen again!" avows frontman and creative mastermind Satyr. "This band, as you know, is definitely not retrospective. But we started playing live in 1996. Our most groundbreaking milestone record came out in 1996. Nemesis Divina is the only one of the first three records that has aged really well. It's the only one that we still play several songs from in our set to this day... so if I'm ever going to do anniversary shows and do a reissue and make it a big deal, it's gonna be Nemesis Divina and it has to be now."

"Everything expanded tenfold with Nemesis Divina," Satyr states. "For most people who liked the first two records, Satyricon climbed to a whole different level on Nemesis Divina and people really started to love the band. This album has a special place in our history. Suddenly we were selling 80,000 and then 100,000 records, and those numbers were unheard of in our small part of the world. That was the record that everyone that was into this scene wanted to buy. If you say there are two stages of evolution in black metal - the 80s, with Venom and Celtic Frost and Bathory, and then the 90s with the Norwegian stuff and everything followed in its wake - there are, at most, a handful of albums and a handful of songs that really define modern day black metal. Nemesis Divina is definitely one of those records and Mother North is definitely one of those songs."

To herald the 20th anniversary of Nemesis Divina, the album will be re-released in the spring of 2016, newly remastered by Satyr himself and boasting upgraded and revamped packaging. Satyricon will then embark on a series of exclusive one-off shows, performing the record in full for the first and only time.

"Next year its 20 years since Satyricon made its live debut as a band, and 20 years since we released Nemesis Divina," Satyr states. "I thought 'Either we do multiple shows, re-release the album and do it properly...or we don't do it at all'. So here we are. We'll be performing Nemesis Divina, front to back, doing only a few exclusive shows in 2016 and we look forward to sharing this unique experience with our loyal fans."

Source: label.napalmrecords.com
Band profile: Satyricon
Posted: 27.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 114 users
27.08.2015 - 16:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well only what they should do is celebrate Dark medieval Times and The Shadowthrone because they are way better, way old school way more BM as other albums, even I like this one but wgen we speak about this band I snot as Dimmu what changed a lot more , but still it changed and I prefer old school
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.08.2015 - 17:48
FYA
Destroyer
'Nemesis Divina' was pretty good actually for me.
27.08.2015 - 18:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Stockholm show, please.
----
27.08.2015 - 18:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 27.08.2015 at 18:30
Stockholm show, please.

Malmö show, please.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.08.2015 - 19:46
TheShadow
Agree with Bad English. Dark Medieval Times is far better than Shadowthrone and Nemisis IMO.
27.08.2015 - 20:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.08.2015 at 18:39

Written by Warman on 27.08.2015 at 18:30
Stockholm show, please.

Malmö show, please.

Luleå shows please
----

apos;'
[image]
27.08.2015 - 20:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by TheShadow on 27.08.2015 at 19:46

Agree with Bad English. Dark Medieval Times is far better than Shadowthrone and Nemisis IMO.

if this band would play old school BM as then they wont eb so big but somehow they in some way don't like that album MT, Satyr told in in we were teenagers ( maybe bad memories, that nacked chick didn't let them ... ) but somehow I don't know, if you celebrate go back to roots
----

apos;'
[image]
27.08.2015 - 21:50
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2015 at 16:53

Well only what they should do is celebrate Dark medieval Times and The Shadowthrone because they are way better, way old school way more BM as other albums, even I like this one but wgen we speak about this band I snot as Dimmu what changed a lot more , but still it changed and I prefer old school

Nemesis Divina is old school black metal. The main difference is that this album, compared to the other two, is fantastic old school black metal. The first two are sorta okayish, but even the band admits they took a massive step-up quality wise with ND. Glad their reissuing their best album, now I can toss my crappy first edition copy.
27.08.2015 - 22:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.08.2015 at 21:50

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2015 at 16:53

Nemesis Divina is old school black metal. The main difference is that this album, compared to the other two, is good old school black metal. Glad their reissuing their best album, now I can toss my crappy first edition copy.

its not bad album but 1th one and second one are better in musics, artwork, lyrics but in bad production and quality, must be re recordet
----

apos;'
[image]
28.08.2015 - 07:04
Ruinous
ERMAGERD!!

MERTHER NERF!!
28.08.2015 - 08:54
toxx
Supreme being
It will be interesting to see where they'll play. Hope they don't pull a "Emperor" (Nightside Anniversary last year) and skip playing in Norway.
29.08.2015 - 10:27
Sang Dalang Abu
I have 'Nemesis Divina' cassette. Still masterpiece for me. But Idk I need new re-released. Maybe the re-released have cool booklet.
29.08.2015 - 11:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nah, I'm also with K7. "Nemesis Divina" is great, but "Dark Medieval Times" is one of the most atmospheric and better black metal albums out there.
----
06.09.2015 - 19:14
Dead Eternity
Account deleted
"...the album will be re-released in the spring of 2016, newly remastered by Satyr himself and boasting upgraded and revamped packaging."

Translation: what was already compressed will be even more compressed, now filled with tons of pointless bonus tracks and live tracks, also bricked to death.

If it happens, I'm not buying it. I'll stick to the original release.

Hits total: 2884 | This month: 6