Metal Storm logo
Leaves' Eyes - Debut 'The Waking Eye' Video

There is another new song from Leaves' Eyes available for streaming today. After showing us the new track "Halvdan The Black" before, the symphonic unit has officially released a brand new epic video clip for "The Waking Eye". "The Waking Eye" is also available as digital single. Enjoy the Vikings! How do you like the song?

Liv Kristine offered: "We are proud to present our brand new videoclip, 'The Waking Eye'! It was filmed at several locations in Norway and Germany. Moreover, our son Leon plays the role of the child king Harald, while Alex performs as the grown up Harald Fairhair, the first king of Norway. I'm proud of my two Vikings!"

Alex Krull adds: "For the battle we recruited a horde of Vikings from several Viking groups: Værjaborg, Franci Saravi, Blodorn, Blodhvitnir and Ziu Zynir. As the battle was going on, Rainer 'ZIPP' Fränzen and his team filmed in rain and mud-it was epic fun to be one of the Viking warriors!"

You can get Leaves' Eyes new album King Of Kings on September 11th (Europe) and September 18th (US) via AFM Records.

Source: leaveseyes.de
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes
Posted: 28.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 76 users
28.08.2015 - 12:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this video as video, and song is better much better as 1th one actually
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2015 - 17:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I actually like this song. Much more pleasing than the other one and Liv sounds amazing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.08.2015 - 17:21
Kais

Sounds like current Sirenia, pretty weak and uninspired symphonic / gothic metal.
28.08.2015 - 21:09
The Evergreen

Not bad at all. The melody is actually stuck in my head now.
28.08.2015 - 23:56
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

The main melody is very good, but they continue to muddy their production sound with fuzzy guitars and WAY too much stacking on her voice... TBH, this has been an issue on nearly every album they've ever made. Their music could be SO much more enjoyable for me if the production didn't always sound so damn overdone over-layered. For this reason, the first 30 seconds of this song are the best.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
01.09.2015 - 09:53
Etaín

Hmm i dont know what it is, since i dont know anything technical about music or instruments. But ever since after Vinland Saga their guitars sound so odd. They changed something about it and i really do not like it.
01.09.2015 - 20:10
Polaria

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 28.08.2015 at 23:56

The main melody is very good, but they continue to muddy their production sound with fuzzy guitars and WAY too much stacking on her voice... TBH, this has been an issue on nearly every album they've ever made. Their music could be SO much more enjoyable for me if the production didn't always sound so damn overdone over-layered. For this reason, the first 30 seconds of this song are the best.

I agree with you. There is hope though, a piano version of the song will be released as a bonus track of the album.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
02.09.2015 - 06:44
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Polaria on 01.09.2015 at 20:10

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 28.08.2015 at 23:56

I agree with you. There is hope though, a piano version of the song will be released as a bonus track of the album.

Yeah, it's so frustrating. They have all these songs that sound amazing at the beginning, and then all of a sudden the muddy guitars and over-stacked whispy vocals come in and you're just hit with this wall of noise.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal

Hits total: 1744 | This month: 6