Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - Debut New Video

The new My Dying Bride promo video for the forthcoming album Feel The Misery has been unveiled online now. The video is for the album's title song "Feel The Misery" and is the perfect opportunity to hear more new material before the record is released on the 18th of September through Peaceville Records. Enjoy the doom!

Vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe offers some insight to the thoughts behind it: "Using 'The Raft of Medusa' by French romantic painter Théodore Géricault as visual inspiration as well as taking cue's from the bands own bleak and foreboding music, My Dying Bride's latest video is a harrowing tale of tragedy and loss. Filmed on the Pembroke coast of South Wales and in particular, St. Govans Chapel, the scenes were set to play out the narrative as vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe takes the role of a lone musician and poet who stumbles upon a fallen maiden while combing the seascape for curiosities. Clearly the victim of a recent shipwreck, she is gathered up and removed to a suitable, sombre resting place, all the while the mournful 'Feel The Misery' plays alongside, marrying the rich visuals with the melancholic song."

Tracklist:
01. And My Father Left Forever (streaming here)
02. To Shiver In Empty Halls
03. A Cold New Curse
04. Feel The Misery
05. A Thorn Of Wisdom
06. I Celebrate Your Skin
07. I Almost Loved You
08. Within A Sleeping Forest

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 14.09.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 139 users
14.09.2015 - 12:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I don't know what to say, maybe lyrically its weakest song from band, same time I dunno, not so good as old, but better as other bands what started this genre in nowadays

did he specially make such symbolic scene about boat and drowning people?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2015 - 13:33
sordid

I like it a lot.heavy, melodic and an epic touch on the main riff (ok, not so "deep" as old stuff, but old stuff is never coming back...i guess.)
great video too. i guess this album will be better than de older one, and that's a real godd did.

"...vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe takes the role of a lone musician and poet who stumbles upon a fallen maiden while combing the seascape for curiosities"
14.09.2015 - 15:07
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I dont know what to say either... the song is ok however built pretty much around the chorus. I get a A Line of Deathless Kings vibe in it maybe a bit more melodic.

As for the video, sometimes it makes me cringe. Aaron standing at the top of a mountain with that silly hat made me laugh a bit and the girl continously waving her arms pretending to be drowning is a bit hilarious too. Aaron playing violin and the british flag in the end could've been cut too. Videos are not meant to show every bit of the story, some things should be kept for the audience to figure out on their own. This video kind of shows too much of a very interesting and My Dying Bridesque story.

For example, Swallow the Sun's Cathedral Walls video had a similar story and without showing too much it made its point very clearly.
14.09.2015 - 19:06
Carrion Misery

^yeah, definitely could go on A Line of Deathless Kings.

I would have continued with the same cinematography as the waves and the closeup of the woman floating in the sea--that looked great. But the rest of it, particularly the distanced shots looked like it was taken on a smart phone. I would have enjoyed closer shots with better angles. Overall I like the song, but I'd prefer the vocal melody didn't fluctuate so much and was in a lower range.

I mean, look at the Prize of Beauty video. The angles, the color, the passion. Shit, the song is far better.

Anyway, at least this isn't a shitty green screen video.

----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
15.09.2015 - 14:32
The Melting Snow

The "FeeeEEEeeeeel the Misery" chorus is annoying, rest of the song is pretty good, though i feel it's one of the weaker ones off the album.

Video is ok. a bit dull and slow
15.09.2015 - 21:33
woodsmoke666

Poor video, average song. Been reading good things about the new album but 2 released songs haven't blown me away. Still hoping it can be on a par with the new paradise lost and amorphis.
----
tokoloshe

Hits total: 2318 | This month: 2