Metal Storm logo
Chelsea Grin - Part Ways With Guitarist Jason Richardson

Guitarist Jason Richardson has left deathcore outfit Chelsea Grin. He has been pursuing a solo career and parts ways with the band "based on musical differences." Stephen Rutishauser, who has been touring with the band, is their new guitarist and they promise a new album next year.

The band explained: "Hey everyone as we gear up for the Seems Like Forever tour with The Amity Affliction we wanted to publicly announce a few things. First off we would like to welcome Stephen Rutishauser (Speeve) as an official member of the band. Stephen has been playing with us for over a year now and has fit perfectly in the band. Stephen has been a long time friend of the band and wrote the song Nightmares which was featured on Ashes To Ashes.

"Along with the addition of Stephen, comes the departure of Jason Richardson. Us and Jason have split amicably, with the decision being based on musical differences and how we envision our next record sounding. Jason has been an asset to Chelsea Grin for years now, but will be focusing on his solo material and we thank him for his time with us. Jason recently launched an indiegogo campaign to fund the new solo record. Our new record will be out next summer and we promise you it will be our most extreme release to date. We are back. - AK, David, Dan, Pablo, Jaek, Stephen."

New band photo

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Chelsea Grin
Posted: 22.09.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 23 users
22.09.2015 - 14:26
Ankläger

Uh oh! I hope this doesn't effect their sound too much (sarcasm )
22.09.2015 - 17:57
chronic-headache

Written by Ankläger on 22.09.2015 at 14:26

Uh oh! I hope this doesn't effect their sound too much (sarcasm )

If Born of Osiris is any indication, it will.
I don't bother to listen to Chelsea Grin, but from what I've heard off of BoO, Jason has got some mad skills. He'll find a fit and hopefully it wont be in another "scene-core" group

(and don't worry, your sarcasm was NOT lost on me )
06.03.2016 - 13:20
Overrwatcher

Jason would fall asleep with a song like this. No wonder he left.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.

Hits total: 1811 | This month: 7