Metal Storm logo
Stream Of Passion - Three Members Quit The Band

A couple of days ago a news item was posted that announced the departure of Arjen Lucassen from Stream Of Passion. Now, another two members have decided to quit: guitarist Lori Linstruth and keyboardist Alejandro Millan.

Here is what the band says:
"Since our last tour we've received a lot of inquires about the future of SoP. As you may have heard on the Ayreon website, Arjen has been going through a very rough period on in his life; he has decided to quit the band and focus entirely on his new Ayreon album, which we know for sure will be a huge success so good luck with it, Arjen!

Besides Arjen, Lori and Alejandro have also decided to part ways and focus on their own personal lives and musical projects. We, the rest of the SoPies, wish the three of them all the success and happiness in the world.

HOWEVER THIS BY NO MEANS THE END OF THE BAND! The rest of us are extremely motivated to continue this beautiful story called Stream of Passion and give it a more than positive future, like we think it deserves. We are already busy writing music for a new album, so soon you'll hear more about our future plans and musical ideas. Stay tuned!"

Source: streamofpassion.com
Band profile: Stream Of Passion
Posted: 07.03.2007 by Ivor

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 21 users
08.03.2007 - 00:11
Etaín

Lovely, another one of my fav bands falling apart. I wonder how many will be left by the end of the year ...
08.03.2007 - 00:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Wow, Arjen left. I wounder what the new driving force will be in the band? But it might all turn out good. Just look at Spock's Beard: when Neal Morse left everyone thought it would be the end of the band, but they are still together and doing well. So maybe all is not lost for Stream of Passion.
----
(space for rent)
08.03.2007 - 01:13
Silhouette

This is sad... Yesterday I was looking forward to what Alejandro, Marcela and Lori would create together. Doh! -.-

Silhouette
08.03.2007 - 03:57
Hyvaarin

Wow, this band is fucked.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.03.2007 - 04:20
Lord Grim

Stream of Passion = Dead.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
08.03.2007 - 04:34
Bitch Boy

Arjen left and the band is still "alive"?? Now, without Lori, this band has no guitars. And what's going on with Alejandro??
08.03.2007 - 04:53
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I havent listened to SoP before, but this certainly caught my attention, 3 members down in a short amount of time... Has me interested how they'll pull of getting out of this one and pushing forward. I will check them out now actually thanks to this news.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.03.2007 - 08:11
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
that really disappointing for me and makes me wonder who will the new members be and how SoP will sound in future, so judgements only afterwards...
09.03.2007 - 08:53
NemeniX
Account deleted
Wow... When Arjen leaves, I thought there would be no problem for them to continue... But...

Especially, I loved Lori's and Alejandro's ways of playing. Now they're gone, it sounds to be hard to restart a new SoP...

Anyway, we can't say anything before listening to their next album...
12.03.2007 - 11:22
~Nagash~
Account deleted
Too bad....

Hits total: 3067 | This month: 7