Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Johan Liiva And Chris Amott Joining Band At Loud Park

Arch Enemy have always had a soft spot for Japan. And on their next appearance at the 10th anniversary of Loud Park festival, the band will bring in some special guests, two original members. None other than former singer Johan Liiva, who was the vocalist of the band on their first three albums up until Burning Bridges. Founding member and guitarist Christopher "Chris" Amott, who has left the band twice, will also join the group on stage in Japan. So, chances are that the melodic death metallers will play some oldies, songs from the Liiva era.

In terms of the history of the band, vocalist Johan Liiva was replaced by Angela Gossow in 2000. In 2014, Angela would be replaced by the current Arch Enemy vocalist, Alissa White-Gluz.

Here is the line-up for Loud Park 2015:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 27.09.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 128 users
27.09.2015 - 21:53
Alondate
I wonder who will replace Alissa
27.09.2015 - 21:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about something more special ... for home town crowd .... and Liiva could replace Angela, damn why they need female vocalist , Liive would be better and is there hate between Ammot's? why Cris left?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2015 - 02:14
EnigmaLake
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2015 at 21:55

How about something more special ... for home town crowd .... and Liiva could replace Angela, damn why they need female vocalist , Liive would be better and is there hate between Ammot's? why Cris left?

Liiva's last album I heard him on (Non-exist) he sounded bad
Chris wants to do his own thing seemingly
28.09.2015 - 15:02
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Dude! A Liiva-era Arch Enemy show with only songs from the first three albums would be insane. I hope they take this on tour.
----
28.09.2015 - 18:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by corrupt on 28.09.2015 at 15:02

Dude! A Liiva-era Arch Enemy show with only songs from the first three albums would be insane. I hope they take this on tour.

I don't see that happening. For some reason, many people hate Liiva's vocals. I'm not one of them. I love their first three albums
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.09.2015 - 21:48
Sword_Chant
Written by BloodTears on 28.09.2015 at 18:31

Written by corrupt on 28.09.2015 at 15:02

I don't see that happening. For some reason, many people hate Liiva's vocals. I'm not one of them. I love their first three albums

+1

I always felt Liiva's vocals were less generic, if that's the right word. And some of Michael Ammott's best ever guitar work was with Chris Ammott in the first 3 albums. Stigmata is especially good.
29.09.2015 - 02:30
Rapid Fire
Written by EnigmaLake on 28.09.2015 at 02:14

Written by Bad English on 27.09.2015 at 21:55

Liiva's last album I heard him on (Non-exist) he sounded bad
Chris wants to do his own thing seemingly

As far as I knew at the moment, the band decided to fire Liiva because of his live performances, it seems his voice wasn't so fulfilling when singing on stage. Also I think (not quite sure) that Liiva didn't wan't to be in a very-busy-tour-schedule band.

As for Chris that's it, he just wanted to do something of his own.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
29.09.2015 - 11:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Sword_Chant on 28.09.2015 at 21:48

+1

I always felt Liiva's vocals were less generic, if that's the right word. And some of Michael Ammott's best ever guitar work was with Chris Ammott in the first 3 albums. Stigmata is especially good.

Well, I like Angela's vocals too. So, I don't compare them much. Burning Bridges is my favourite of the two. It just has more memorable songs to me. But I love "Bridge Of Destiny" and that's off Stigmata

And yes, the guitar work is amazing. Sparks fly when those two play together.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.09.2015 - 11:32
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by BloodTears on 28.09.2015 at 18:31

Yeah, me neither. It's one of these shows we all will just never see. You know, like that Emperor show where they play Anthems in the original lineup that we'e all been waiting for
----

Hits total: 3674 | This month: 4