Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - To Release Live DVD 'Ziltoid Live At The Royal Albert Hall'

Earlier this year, Devin Townsend played an incredible sold-out show at London's legendary Royal Albert Hall venue, bringing the story of Ziltoid to life on stage as well as playing tracks from across his back catalogue. This larger-than-life evening was captured on film and is set to be released on the 13th of November 2015. Shot on 15 high-definition cameras, it was directed by Paul M Green (Devin Townsend, Opeth, BB King, Steve Hackett) and features special guests such as Dominique Lenore Persi (Stolen Babies), Chris Jericho (world-famous wrestler and singer of US band Fozzy) and Jean Savoie, with video narration by Bill Courage, as well as 12 singers and actors as cast and choir. Check out the brilliant cover below.

The release will arrive on several formats including an Artbook of 44 pages including the entire concert as well as extensive behind-the-scenes bonus footage and a full documentary, pressed on 3 CDs, 2 DVDs and a Blu-ray disc, as Special Edition digipak with 3 CDs and a DVD and as Blu-ray including the entire show and bonus material.

Devin had this to say about it: "The show at The Royal Albert Hall was a great experience. To be able to make artistic expression rooted in creativity and then to be able to articulate it in these sorts of ways - at this sort of venue - was pretty awesome. The whole thing was quite a challenge, but ultimately it worked and we were all very satisfied with it. I completely appreciate the support that has allowed this to happen from the audience, and I thank my team and Inside Out Records for busting ass to make this DVD a reality. I think if you enjoy what I do, you'll really dig it. Thank you so much for the opportunity!"

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 30.09.2015 by Shorlack

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 66 users
30.09.2015 - 21:43
Eternity'sChild

I think I want that...
30.09.2015 - 22:34
chronic-headache

Take all my monies
01.10.2015 - 13:19
Doge of Venice

Worth it just for The Death of Music.
01.10.2015 - 22:01
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Ordered the deluxe artbook version. I love Z2 and this should be awesome! If this is as good and/or better than The Rentinal Circus and By a Tread DVD's I'm a lucky animal.
01.10.2015 - 22:26
Joe Zombie

I must have this.

Hits total: 1822 | This month: 3