Metal Storm logo
Graspop 2007 - New Names

GMM 2007 BEST LINE-UP EVER!

9 NEW NAMES: Heaven And Hell, Type O Negative, Slayer, Within Temptation, Celtic Frost, Thin Lizzy, Lamb Of God, Unearth and Chimaira.

Once again, the Boeretang festival grounds will be the setting for a three-day marathon where the heroes of metal and rock will do. Dessel has built a solid reputation in the metal and rock world and deservedly so! Following the confirmation of headliners Iron Maiden, Aerosmith And Ozzy Osbourne, we are proud to add yet another series of "High-Quality Bands" to this year's line-up: Heaven And Hell, Type O Negative, Slayer, Within Temptation, Celtic Frost, Thin Lizzy, Lamb Of God, Unearth and Chimaira.

We think it's fair to say this is without doubt the best Graspop line-up ever: a varied and open programme with nothing but top acts from the worlds of metal and rock!

Within Temptation have been confirmed for Friday. Apart from musical talent, radio and TV publicity are also key to building a successful career, something Within Temptation experienced first-hand when, at the turn of the millennium, "Ice Queen" was catapulted to the top of the charts worldwide thanks to Radio 3FM. The gothic band soon became a crowd favourite, seducing metal and mainstream fans alike with singles such as "Mother Earth", "Running up that Hill", "Stand My Ground" and their most recent effort "What Have You Done" from their forthcoming album 'The Heart of Everything'. Will you be able to resist the temptation?

Celtic Frost and Thin Lizzy will also take the stage on Friday!

With Heaven and Hell, Graspop will unleash another big name on the GMM stage on Saturday. Named after the first Black Sabbath album with Ronnie James Dio on vocals, the band will be playing in the original line-up that recorded the second Dio/Sabbath album 'Mob Rules' and came back for more in 1992 with 'Dehumanizer'. So this means Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinnie Appice (drums) on the same stage performing such metal classics as "Neon Knights", "Heaven And Hell" and "The Mob Rules". Ozzy and Heaven And Hell complete the Black Sabbath circle at GMM 2007!

Also on Saturday: Lamb Of God

A visit to Graspop Metal Meeting is always a bit about survival, especially when Californian thrash legends SLAYER come to call. In the early 80's, guitarist Kerry King and his partners in crime were one of the driving forces behind the Bay Area Thrash music scene. Their third album 'Reign in Blood' (1986) wrote metal history. Today, Slayer are touring the world to promote their extremely brutal new album 'Christ Illusion'. Last year, Slayer turned the Brabant Hal in Louvain into a live battlefield when they headlined the Unholy Alliance tour.

Also on Sunday: Unearth and Chimaira

These 9 new names bring the number of confirmed acts to 40 but we're not done yet!! Another thirty names will be added to this exceptional line-up for the twelfth edition of the Graspop metal meeting!

So far the following bands have been confirmed:

Friday 22 june 2007:
Aerosmith
Within Temptation - Type o Negative
Blind Guardian - Celtic Frost
Therion - Sabaton - Thin Lizzy
Grave Digger - Vader - 1349 - Pain Of Salvation - Amorphis

Saturday 23 june 2007:
Iron maiden
Korn - Heaven And Hell
Life of Agony - Cannibal Corpse - Tiamat
Dimmu Borgir - Me First & The gimme Gimmes - Lamb of God
Sirenia - Brutal Truth - Drowning pool - Atheist

Sunday 24 june 2007:
Ozzy osbourne
Slayer - Black Label Society
Children of Bodom - Amon Amarth - Finntroll
Chimaira - Moonsorrow - Devil driver - Unearth
Korpiklaani - In This Moment - Turisas - Eluveitie

+ Usefull Informations

Weekend-All In Tickets:
?125 (booking fee not included)
This ticket includes: access to the festival grounds on Friday, Saturday and Sunday; acces to the camping site; access to the parking area; shuttle service from MOL train station to the festival grounds and back.

NEW With this ticket you can travel free of charge by train ONLY in Belgium

Day Tickets:
Friday ticket, Saturday ticket or Sunday ticket: ?69 (booking fee not included)
This ticket includes access to the festival grounds on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, depending on the day ticket you've purchased; shuttle service from MOL station to the festival grounds and back. Access to the camping site and parking area are NOT included.

NEW With this ticket you can travel free of charge by train ONLY in Belgium. More information about this, you will find at www.graspop.be.

Belgium
By phone: Proximus Goformusic: 0900 2 60 60 (?0,45/min)
Online :www.proximusgoformusic.be
SMS: SMS code to 3060 (?0,50/sent-received SMS)
Note: This SMS service is only available if the user is registered with Goformusic.
All-In Ticket (Combi): SMS code GPD (combi) to 3060
Friday Ticket: SMS code GPA (Friday) to 3060
Saturday Ticket: SMS code GPB (Saturday)to 3060
Sunday Ticket: SMS code GPC (Sunday) to 3060

The Netherlands
Ticket Service: 0900 300 1250 (?0,45/min), the 151 larger post offices, the 100 major Free Record Shops, the 33 GWK-Travelex offices, the 10 large VVV office, www.ticketservice.nl and the usual outlets. Visit www.graspop.be to locate the nearest outlet.

France:
On line: www.proximusgoformusic.be
Tickets are also available in the FNAC-stores

Germany:
One line: www.proximusgoformusic.be
TPP stores: www.mytpp.com

United Kingdom
One line: www.argon-direct.com

Other countries
Online: www.proximusgoformusic.be or www.graspop.be

CAMPING

The campsite will be open from 8am on Friday 21 June till 12 noon on Monday 25 June, at whih time all campers must vacate the premises.

Cars or motorcycles are NOT allowed on the campsite. You can park your vehicle in the car park near the campsite.

A separate campsite will accommodate motor caravans and campers. This campsite is connected with the one for tents. Only those visitors willing to abide by the ground rules (www.graspop.be) will have access to the site.

Access to the camping grounds is free for combi ticket holders, they don't need to purchase and additional camping ticket.
One-day ticket holders need to buy a one-day camping ticket (?15 p.p.) to enter the camping site. These one-day camping tickets are not available in presale and will only be sold at the box office of the camping site itself. This ticket is valid on the same day as your ay ticket, from 8 am till noon the following day.

ON THE WEB

You will find all information about Graspop Metal Meeting on www.graspop.be or www.myspace.com/graspop.

Source: graspop.be
Event: Graspop Metal Meeting 2007
Posted: 08.03.2007 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 1 user
08.03.2007 - 16:41
Jeff
Freaky Admin
SLAYER !!!! Yeah !!!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
08.03.2007 - 16:53
Eight
Shapeshifter
Damn, i wish a box of money would appear before me so i could go too...
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
08.03.2007 - 16:56
dancingdecember

its like wacken out there!!!
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
08.03.2007 - 17:03
Jeff
Freaky Admin
No, it's not like Wacken, it's bigger this year definitely. And you can add 25 other big names to the Graspop's line up too

And even Hellfest seems to be better than Wacken this year actually...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
08.03.2007 - 20:04
matthioso

not bad, but I'm still waiting for some other bands, less known. In the whole the line-up is much better than last year. I'll be there
----
www.seedofrock.be
08.03.2007 - 22:45
Asitis

Written by Jeff on 08.03.2007 at 17:03

No, it's not like Wacken, it's bigger this year definitely. And you can add 25 other big names to the Graspop's line up too

And even Hellfest seems to be better than Wacken this year actually...

But Wacken's got a almost legendary history!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
08.03.2007 - 23:15
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Omg, this festival has the fucking biggest names in... I mean, there are so many huuuge bands!
09.03.2007 - 13:51
SirHooke

Muha! My exams are finished the Friday morning
It's going to be a double party! Yeey

Hits total: 2450 | This month: 5