Metal Storm logo
Scour - New Band With Phil Anselmo, Members Of Pig Destroyer, Cattle Decapitation

The always busy singer/guitarist Philip H. Anselmo ( Down, Superjoint, Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals) is involved in yet another project called Scour. Besides Anselmo, it features Derek Engemann from Cattle Decapitation and Chase Fraser from Animosity on guitars, Jesse Schobel from Strong Intention/Cast The Stone on drums, and John Jarvis from Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Fulgora on bass.

Anselmo said regarding Scour in an interview: "The Scour thing was something that just popped up, and it's something that I think I can kill, something I can lay it out. They're short songs. It's a short EP, and that's something I can knock out, I guess, after the Danzigs tour. And yes, I said Danzigs, and that's a long story."

"I think (there's) one of the fellows from Cattle Decapitation, but it's predominantly, in my ear, modern-ish black metal-sounding, thrashy black metal type stuff. I'm going to put my own spin on it. I don't have to sound like your boy from Gorgoroth (laughter) to get the point across, man. There's other ways of singing over that style of music, and I shall employ many styles."

While there is still no music available, you can follow the progress of the band on their Facebook page.

Source: hellbound.ca
Posted: 01.10.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 14 users
01.10.2015 - 20:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Interesting line up.

Look forward to music from new band.

Hits total: 1758 | This month: 5