12. Tyrant [Live 1982] [Judas Priest cover] [Japanese bonus]

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 185 users
01.10.2015 - 20:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
NWOBHM is dead, well time is over, try play something better, it didn't work to me at all, simply boring album , it is metal yes, but ... pay for it, seems band just sleeps on old glory
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2015 - 04:23
Skoda

I'm gonna completely disagree with the above statement. If anything, this album and band proves NWOBHM still has some life kicking in it. These guys somehow take a relatively simple formula and inject some truly interesting ideas, and the riffs are simply KILLER. Like, listen to the main riff on Ruination or the title track and tell me that isn't inventive within this genre's boundaries. This album is impressively intricate and full of life, yet feels relaxed and never forced. Love it.
----
Sleeping on his laurels.
02.10.2015 - 18:55
Rating: 10
Rulatore

Album of the year guys. It's even better than Life in Sentence
06.10.2015 - 02:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.10.2015 at 20:51

NWOBHM is dead, well time is over, try play something better, it didn't work to me at all, simply boring album , it is metal yes, but ... pay for it, seems band just sleeps on old glory

I think I speak for everyone when I say you're not just wrong, you're stupid.

I didn't expect these guys to match the surprisingly awesome Life Sentence, but while this doesn't top it, it certainly butts heads with it. The recognizable riffage and vocals are still there and definitely carry the album on their back.
06.10.2015 - 02:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There are reason why MS tags it s HM not NWOBHM nowadays
----

apos;'
[image]
06.10.2015 - 05:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 06.10.2015 at 02:11

I didn't expect these guys to match the surprisingly awesome Life Sentence, but while this doesn't top it, it certainly butts heads with it. The recognizable riffage and vocals are still there and definitely carry the album on their back.

I expected to match their last work as they really did raise the bar high with "Life Sentence".

Well, not a bad record indeed. I really enjoyed the crunchy riffs and chronic sound of heavy fucking metal they always bring in but this time, they went with loads of variations. So, you can say "this is a very different album delivered in fantastic style". I really loved the way they bought little changes in "Atom By Atom".
09.10.2015 - 11:09
Rating: 7
Joppe
Steelemeister

NWOBHM is dead ...

Agree in general, but not all NWOBHM should be taken for granted, Satan especially has a history of making exceptional albums.

IMO this album sounds very old school, a lot like "Life Sentence". I think "Life Sentence" is a bit better in comparison to "Atom by Atom". The album is lacking (a) true killer song(s), such as "Another Universe" was for the previous album.
----
My vision is augmented
20.10.2015 - 01:43
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.10.2015 at 02:22

That's a distinction with no difference since the NWOBHM was a scene, not a genre. Satan, Venom, Iron Maiden, Raven, Saxon, Praying Mantis, Witchfinder General and Def Leppard will always be NWOBHM bands whether they play heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, progressive metal, hard rock or doom metal.
20.10.2015 - 01:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.10.2015 at 01:43

Written by Bad English on 06.10.2015 at 02:22

That's a distinction with no difference since the NWOBHM was a scene, not a genre. Satan, Venom, Iron Maiden, Raven, Saxon, Praying Mantis, Witchfinder General and Def Leppard will always be NWOBHM bands whether they play heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, progressive metal, hard rock or doom metal.

no NWOBHM is used in 80's period, now IM is HM, Saxon to .... MS don't use this tag in 90's
----

apos;'
[image]
01.08.2018 - 16:16
Rating: 9
Kuroboshi

This is a stellar album for the genre. Really fun fast heavy metal!

Hits total: 4471 | This month: 16