Metal Storm logo
Vital Remains - New Cover Art And Controversy

Extreme metal titans Vital Remains have returned with a vicious new slab of blasphemy that promises to strike fear in the hearts of the masses. The much-anticipated new album, "Icons Of Evil", was produced by the renowned Erik Rutan (Cannibal Corpse, Goatwhore) and is set for an April 24 release. The album's striking artwork can be viewed now at this location.

The cover art has already created a great deal of controversy, but the band's founder Tony Lazaro (guitars) refuses to censor his vision in any way. "It is great to see that the cover of our new record has already started some controversy," he said. "Some of our distributors saw the artwork and suggested we change it. The record's scheduled to come out around Easter, and apparently the subject of Christ being nailed to his cross is a bit extra-sensitive around that time. We were told no one would take the CD unless we either changed it or put a slipcase over it. I absolutely refused to change shit, but I still wanted our fans to be able to find the album in their local stores, so we ultimately decided to go with the slipcase. I'm still pretty bummed about it, but this was out of my hands."

More info about "Icons Of Evil" can be found here.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Vital Remains
Posted: 08.03.2007 by Dangerboner

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 17 users
08.03.2007 - 21:59
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
such a cliché artwork, lol
but then again i wouldnt expect anything different and the music is still brilliant
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
09.03.2007 - 04:48
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
can't wait to listen to this one! controversy...
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.03.2007 - 10:24
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I agree with Bas that the artwork is cliche, but then again we should not just a book, or an album in this case, by its cover. I'm eager to hear this new album, since I absolutely love "Dechristianize".
09.03.2007 - 13:24
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't wait for this long-craved album! But I think it won't top Dechristianize...
I hope in a great album anyway!
And fuck the controversy!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.03.2007 - 13:53
Endoftherainbow
The album artwork is so cool I've always enjoyed their artwork it never stops amusing me. They go pretty far out of their way to try to offend people can't wait for the new album to come out.
09.03.2007 - 17:02
FOOCK Nam
WOW!!!!!! they are really blasphemer with this art work. I think I understand evidently or not that they must put it in slip-case.
09.03.2007 - 18:36
marin
Account deleted
great album
10.03.2007 - 16:29
marin
Account deleted
Written by Katatronik on 09.03.2007 at 13:24

Can't wait for this long-craved album! But I think it won't top Dechristianize...
I hope in a great album anyway!
And fuck the controversy!

to me is even better then dechristianize
13.09.2010 - 19:29
FrozenTerror
This album was a total and absolute bore. "Let Us Pray" and "Forever Underground" had much more in the way of dynamics and stronger songwriting.

Hits total: 3164 | This month: 7