Metal Storm logo
Marriage?

Original post

Posted by , 09.03.2007 - 02:05
Marriage.

This simple word means so many things. Here is wikipedia's definition of marriage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

But I am sure that all of you have your own definition of it, and it may differ much. And it would be interesting to hear everything that could be said about marriage. There is as many opinions and things to say about it as there are different forms of marriage, including poligamy .. gay marriage .. etc ..

This idea about creating a poll about it only came to my mind today, for two reasons (I am going to reveal a bit of my private life, but i dont really mind.) :

-Today, my mother came back from a trip, and the first thing she and my father did when she entered the flat was to start an arguement. My parents have been UNhappily married for 19 years, and they started hating each other when my little brother was born, which means 6 years after their marriage. They are staying together for him not to be disturbed too much (he is just 13), some.. "accidents" have already upset him in the past.

-I have just read a paragraph by Nietzsche in his amazing book The Dawn : paragraph 150. I have tried to translate it from french into english... (Sorry for the poor translation ... ) :

"It should not be allowed, when you are in love, to have such a decision, which involves and determines for good, under the power of some violent caprice ( I should stop butchering Nietzsche's work and Shakespear's language...), the nature of the society where we are living in : we should publicly claim worthless the lovers' oath and vows and prevent them from getting married : and this because we should consider it more seriously ! as, in the cases when people got married, it shouldnt have been been decided to get married ! Arent most of marriages such as the precense of a witness is not preferable ? However, there always is a witness _ it is the child _ and he is more than a witness, and I mean, a scapegoat !"

If anyone understands french, i could add the french version here... at least it would be correct .

Well, as you could have noticed in the lines bellow, i have a really bad opinion bout marriage. I think people cant love each other all their life. It is human, we need to evolve and meet new people, have different sex partners. And im not even talking about those extreme cases.. when people are forced to marry someone they dont know/like because of some religious believes or other social strictness..etc etc..To conclude, in my opinion, marriage is a burden a man or a women should not carry. In love or not.

Feel free to talk, and please, give arguments .

Poll

Are you with or against marriage ?

With
Against

Total votes: 92
07.09.2009 - 17:23
Immortal

Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 17:16

Written by Immortal on 07.09.2009 at 16:49

at one point the woman came into a room carried in a coffin and everyone in the room banged on the side of it.

i dont consider this being "metal" at all

lol true, I suppose it's more gothic than metal. What do you have in mind for a 'metal wedding'?
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
07.09.2009 - 17:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 16:24

I am not listening to that song even now, so i dont see problem with it

Thats a perfect song for being a single and I even dont care but I like idea of thet song and chick whit guitar to
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.09.2009 - 21:05
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Quote:

-I have just read a paragraph by Nietzsche in his amazing book The Dawn : paragraph 150.

I think Neitzsche is neither for nor against marriage per se. What he believes is a need for an utter reconsideration...As he writes something like: "May your marriage be a step towards Ubermensch" - Unfortunatelly don't remember the exact sentence.
....And about my personal oponion over the topic, i'd rather not to write about it now, later maybe!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
08.09.2009 - 00:21
Ragana
Rawrcat
Definitely with. I'm not going to be alone if I've got a chance to be with a guy I reeeeeeaaaaalllly like. I mean, forever. Sounds cool! (besides, I would love to see who could stand me for some time without getting annoying to me).
08.09.2009 - 00:27
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 08.09.2009 at 00:21

Definitely with. I'm not going to be alone if I've got a chance to be with a guy I reeeeeeaaaaalllly like. I mean, forever. Sounds cool! (besides, I would love to see who could stand me for some time without getting annoying to me).

You could be with someone for the rest of your life without being married to him. And if it is the right person, he should be able to put up with you, with love comes patience. Then again, I don't really know how annoying you can be.

I don't really believe in marriage. I do believe in finding someone to spend the rest of my life with but if you love someone enough, why do you need a piece of paper to prove it. As my uncle always says, why repair something that isn't broken. He's been with my auntie since he was a teenager and they are well in their 40s now and have two grown kids.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.09.2009 - 00:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
Well, sure, but I like shiny things. *sun*
Believe me, you wouldn't want to know. People are as annoying to me as I'm annoying to them. Nanana.

Well, duh, a tiny paper doesn't mean anything. Of course, you can decide whether to marry someone or just to live with her. I think there's no real difference unless she really wants to be married, well, you know women. :> I'm like "marriage? huh? no big deal, awkay then!" when talking about marriage. Nor I want it, nor I don't want it to happen with me. I just want to be übercool in MY own eyes. And yeah, I'd like to feel good and satisfied with my life AND there's nothing to do with marriage.
08.09.2009 - 00:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 00:27

You could be with someone for the rest of your life without being married to him. And if it is the right person, he should be able to put up with you, with love comes patience. Then again, I don't really know how annoying you can be.

I don't really believe in marriage. I do believe in finding someone to spend the rest of my life with but if you love someone enough, why do you need a piece of paper to prove it. As my uncle always says, why repair something that isn't broken. He's been with my auntie since he was a teenager and they are well in their 40s now and have two grown kids.

yeah i drink to that, plus going through all the formalities for marriage and then maybe divorce would be a total pain in the ass. the hard part is actually finding someone lol guess you are pretty much as clueless as i am in that field.
08.09.2009 - 00:39
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 00:36

Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 00:27

yeah i drink to that, plus going through all the formalities for marriage and then maybe divorce would be a total pain in the ass. the hard part is actually finding someone lol guess you are pretty much as clueless as i am in that field.

Our time will come, no need to stress over it. At least with recent events, I'm starting to have more confidence in talking to girls. Look, I've finally managed to tell Ragana she looks like Kirsten Dunst. A few months ago I couldn't because I thought it would come across as cheesy and lame, well with confidence comes this feeling where you couldn't care less.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.09.2009 - 00:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
You can even say I look like Madonna but I wouldn't believe ya'.

And... sorry to upset you (a bit), but internet is internet. It's easier to say things in this virtual life not IRL, although, I guess, I personally can easily manage to talk bullshit even outside these virtual walls. (that's a gift :>)
08.09.2009 - 00:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 00:39

Our time will come, no need to stress over it. At least with recent events, I'm starting to have more confidence in talking to girls. Look, I've finally managed to tell Ragana she looks like Kirsten Dunst. A few months ago I couldn't because I thought it would come across as cheesy and lame, well with confidence comes this feeling where you couldn't care less.

lolol i told her the exact same thing some time ago guess apart from taste in movies we think alike
08.09.2009 - 00:44
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Went with "With"... haha...

but only for those mariages that are worthy... not the silly mariages that happen quite often next to us...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.09.2009 - 00:52
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 00:44

Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 00:39

lolol i told her the exact same thing some time ago guess apart from taste in movies we think alike

Dunno why but I have the feeling that I was the one that said you so. But oh, whatever, no big deal - my name is not Kirsten and I'm definitely cooler than her because I'm.... I'm me. (that's an argument) :> And I sound incredibly arrogant. That's -1 cool-point from me.
08.09.2009 - 01:19
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 08.09.2009 at 00:42

You can even say I look like Madonna but I wouldn't believe ya'.

And... sorry to upset you (a bit), but internet is internet. It's easier to say things in this virtual life not IRL, although, I guess, I personally can easily manage to talk bullshit even outside these virtual walls. (that's a gift :>)

You may think it's easier on the net, but I don't separate IRL, as you say, from me on the net. I hate it when people pretend to be something they are not just because they have a whole bunch of airwaves between themselves and the corresponding person. Anyway, trust me, I'm also gifted with the aptitude for talking shite, my friends never fail to mention this to me, but hey, we've got the gift of speech. may as well use it.
----

08.09.2009 - 09:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Immortal on 07.09.2009 at 17:23

What do you have in mind for a 'metal wedding'?

erm...i havent thought about that more exact yet...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.09.2009 - 11:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 08.09.2009 at 09:58

Written by Immortal on 07.09.2009 at 17:23

What do you have in mind for a 'metal wedding'?

erm...i havent thought about that more exact yet...

maybe having Korpiklaani and Alestorm play? lol
08.09.2009 - 11:08
Hellkommando

Relationships are certainly not a forte of mine, often avoid them and never really had anything substantial. In regard to marriage although I cannot see what the future will bring it is certainly not a priority and I don't think ill get married.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
08.09.2009 - 11:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 11:04

maybe having Korpiklaani and Alestorm play?

nope
----

08.09.2009 - 14:26
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 11:04

maybe having Korpiklaani and Alestorm play? lol

Yep, and Arkona
----

08.09.2009 - 14:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 14:26

Yep, and Arkona

nope again
----