Metal Storm logo
Dragged Into Sunlight - Streaming Track From Gnaw Their Tongues Collab

After announcing the upcoming release of their collaborative album NV, and giving listeners a slight teaser, the purveyors of sonic terror in Dragged Into Sunlight and Gnaw Their Tongues are now ready to give their fans a closer look, with a full length track from the collab. Get those band-aids out boys and girls, and proceed with caution.

You can stream the new track, titled "Visceral Repulsion," right over here. Let us know what you think and maybe drop a comment assuring us that you haven't gone deaf.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dragged Into Sunlight
Posted: 15.10.2015 by Apothecary

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 70 users
15.10.2015 - 21:56
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'm pretty sure this was the track that they took that teaser they released earlier from. It sounds SOOOO much better in full and is a prime example of why teasers can go get fucked imo

Anyway... this is SERIOUSLY good shit, pretty much everything I was looking for and maybe even a bit more. Really beastly and uncompromising, yet also maintains a good variation of tempo and sprinkles of Mories's dark ambient madness here and there as well. I'm pretty positive that this is going to be an excellent fusion of the two bands, and as for people who were looking for this to compensate for the (somewhat) disappointing effort that was the new Gnaw Their Tongues album, I don't think you're going to be disappointed.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
15.10.2015 - 21:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah it's a decent track. I do wonder if the DIS side is going to get swallowed up by Mories sounds though. Having listened to it a few times today I do wonder if I would even realise DIS were even part of this had I not known previously. I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as it's good. Not like the GTT / Alkerdeel collab sounded much like Alkerdeel.

But yeah, better sounding than the recent GTT, and also the last DIS tbh.
15.10.2015 - 22:01
megapsychoticone

I pre-ordered this hoping for an absolutely filth laden violent excursion into places most vile. This song hits that mark quite well.
15.10.2015 - 22:18
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 15.10.2015 at 21:56

I'm pretty positive that this is going to be an excellent fusion of the two bands, and as for people who were looking for this to compensate for the (somewhat) disappointing effort that was the new Gnaw Their Tongues album, I don't think you're going to be disappointed.

EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.
15.10.2015 - 22:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 15.10.2015 at 21:58
Not like the GTT / Alkerdeel collab sounded much like Alkerdeel.

There were passages that totally sounded like Morinde though. On this track I agree that I hear mostly Mories' work. Still good though. But I really want some Hatred For Mankind vibe too!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.10.2015 - 22:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.10.2015 at 22:33

There were passages that totally sounded like Morinde though. On this track I agree that I hear mostly Mories' work. Still good though. But I really want some Hatred For Mankind vibe too!

Yeah I can't deny that I too really want some of that insane, crusty and visceral energy from that album too. Well, quite a few other songs on the album so we might get our wish!
15.10.2015 - 22:41
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
If this is an apology for their last album, I forgive them.
15.10.2015 - 22:49
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that they'll never again touch the level of aggressiveness reached at HFM.
15.10.2015 - 23:08
koob

This is ok but I hear nothing of what I wanted from DiS... This could just be an ok GTT song.
16.10.2015 - 00:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 15.10.2015 at 21:58

I do wonder if the DIS side is going to get swallowed up by Mories sounds though. Having listened to it a few times today I do wonder if I would even realise DIS were even part of this had I not known previously.

It definitely seems like I'm in the minority here looking at some of the other comments, but I actually do here some DIS on this one. I mean, no, it's not the dominant sound, but it's there. Especially from the beginning with those riproaring blasts. You could argue that that's a characteristic of Gnaw Their Tongues as well, and to a certain extent it is, but.... I dunno, the way it's played, I just hear way more Dragged in that part. Maybe it's just me
It definitely does get more GTT-ish towards the end though, but overall I'd say it's not a bad fusion, and hopefully the other tracks will level things out a bit more.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.10.2015 - 00:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.10.2015 at 00:08

It definitely seems like I'm in the minority here looking at some of the other comments, but I actually do here some DIS on this one. I mean, no, it's not the dominant sound, but it's there. Especially from the beginning with those riproaring blasts. You could argue that that's a characteristic of Gnaw Their Tongues as well, and to a certain extent it is, but.... I dunno, the way it's played, I just hear way more Dragged in that part. Maybe it's just me
It definitely does get more GTT-ish towards the end though, but overall I'd say it's not a bad fusion, and hopefully the other tracks will level things out a bit more.

I suppose at the end of the day it's hard to say how the song writing process worked. For all we know some of the Mories'-esque bits could have been composed by DIS members and vice-versa. I get the feeling it'll be fairly varied at any rate.

Hits total: 2180 | This month: 5