Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Drummer Hospitalized

Swiss metallers Eluveitie have announced that drummer Merlin Sutter won't be able to play 2 shows. He has pneumonia and an infection caused by an insect bite on his recent travels and has been hospitalized even though he is recovering. However, the band will not cancel the shows and Diego Rapacchietti will replace Sutter temporarily.

The band explained what happened: "With a heavy heart we have to share with you the news that our drummer Merlin Sutter has been knocked out by a double-blow of pneumonia and an infection caused by an insect bite on his recent travels. Merlin was hospitalised temporarily this week but is on his way to recovery. Unfortunately, he will be unable to play the two shows in Séléstat, France and Thônex, Switzerland this coming weekend.

"Yet again we've been dealing with the last-minute decision whether to cancel shows and disappoint our fans, or get on it and make the best out of a terrible situation. Needless to say, we've chosen the latter and are happy to report that we have found an exceptionally talented and heavy-hitting temporary replacement: Diego Rapacchietti, known as the new drummer of those other awesome bands from Switzerland - 69 Chambers and the legendary Coroner!

Therefore, these shows will take place as planned, although with an altered line-up:

16.10.2015 - Les Tanzmatten Séléstat, France
17.10.2015 - Salle des Fetes de Thônex Thônex, Switzerland

"We're looking forward to returning with the complete line-up in South Africa later this month!"

Courtesy of the band

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 17.10.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 62 users
18.10.2015 - 04:51
mikeprado30

Get well, dude!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
30.10.2015 - 18:54
The Evergreen

Wow, what kind of insect bite gets you pneumonia? This is why I live in the arctic.
Seriously, I wish Merlin the best. He looks none too happy.
30.10.2015 - 21:17
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by The Evergreen on 30.10.2015 at 18:54

Wow, what kind of insect bite gets you pneumonia? This is why I live in the arctic.

The pneumonia and the insect bite are unrelated, as far as I understood. Just an unlucky coincidence.

Hits total: 2609 | This month: 3