Comments: 3   Visited by: 222 users
21.10.2015 - 10:31
Rating: 10
DarkokraD

I love this album! And I'm addicted to the single Crushed
09.02.2016 - 23:44
Rating: 7
Overrwatcher

Interesting stuff, a whole lot of influences from the more oldschool heavy metal sound in their riffs. Winston's best vocal performance by far, he doesn't go quite as low as before but he shows a lot more variety. Writings on the Wall and A Deathless Song aren't songs I expected Parkway to make.

But I feel as if the heavy metal influences don't fit their metalcore style. PWD wants to be brutal and hard-hitting, songs like Vice Grip just sound confused.

Crushed is definitely the best song they have ever made though. It's probably the only time where I will say that nu-metal influences actually ADD to a song. It shows that you don't need breakdowns to make a song hit hard.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
23.01.2024 - 16:04
Rating: 8
24emd
Theory Snob
This is probably one of the first albums I got into with growls and the lot. I kinda disliked it for a while in recent years, but now with revisits I realise it's actually quite solid. I don't know if my 9 is entirely fair considering their are 4 kinda average songs, but the highlights justify it for now.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums

Hits total: 5765 | This month: 47