Metal Storm logo
Anthrax - Releasing 30th Anniversary Edition Of 'Spreading The Disease'

Even as they focus on a new album, on November 20th, three decades after their 1985 debut, Universal will release a special 30th anniversary edition of Anthrax's classic Spreading The Disease, the band's second studio album and the one that served as the thrash band's breakthrough, and still considered one of the best thrash metal records ever recorded. Now seems like a good time to give it another spin.

"We wanted to do something special for our fans to celebrate the anniversary of Spreading The Disease'" said drummer Charlie Benante. "We took the idea to Universal a couple of years ago and have been very hands-on with them, creating this special, deluxe edition that we think our fans will really like."

"We didn't know what we were doing, but we totally knew what we were doing," said guitarist Scott Ian. "I know that doesn't make sense, but it's where we were at, a bunch of 21 year-old kids making our major label debut on a shoestring budget with nothing but a dream and a bunch of songs that we thought killed. We were right and our dream came true. Thank you to all the fans that put this record and Anthrax on the map way back when and still support us today. Cheers my friends!"

Tracklist:

Disc One:

1. A.I.R.
02. Lone Justice
03. Madhouse
04. S.S.D./Stand Or Fall
05. The Enemy
06. Aftershock
07. Armed And Dangerous
08. Medusa
09. Gung-Ho
10. Medusa (Joey Belladonna demo)

Disc Two:

01. A.I.R. *
02. Metal Thrashing Mad *
03. The Enemy *
04. Madhouse *
05. Howling Furries *
06. Armed And Dangerous *
07. Gung-Ho *
08. Soldiers Of Metal *
09. Lone Justice **
10. Gung-Ho **
11. Metal Thrashing Mad **
12. Raise Hell **
13. Stand Or Fall **
14. Aftershock **
15. Armed And Dangerous **
16. Madhouse **
17. The Enemy **

* Live at Sun Plaza (Tokyo) 1987
** Rhythm track tape, 1984

Source: anthrax.com
Band profile: Anthrax
Posted: 21.10.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 79 users
21.10.2015 - 16:38
Athropos
Burning inside
I don't have this one, so this may be the right opportunity to buy it.
21.10.2015 - 19:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
That and Among The Living take turns alternating as my fave release.

Would be interested in hearing this one.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.10.2015 - 21:46
Lit.
Account deleted
Still think Among The Living is far better, but I'd like to get this, especially since the version I have isn't remastered. That's probably why I couldn't appreciate it as much, so I'll definitely try it if it sounds better.
21.10.2015 - 21:58
Zap
Can't find anything wrong with the original master at all.
22.10.2015 - 00:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The original is still Anthrax's best album by far. No need for a remix or remaster whatsoever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.10.2015 - 00:51
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.10.2015 at 00:42

The original is still Anthrax's best album by far. No need for a remix or remaster whatsoever.

Indeed. But as long as it's not re-recorded / re-arranged versions like Megadeth did, I guess it's fine.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.10.2015 - 00:57
Ocean Sage

I just want the new Anthrax album and I already have Spreading the Disease (looks at tracklist full of live Belladonna tracks)...fuck I might get this too. TAKE ALL MY MONEY SCOTT IAN!
22.10.2015 - 01:46
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I hope they do the same with Among The Living, their best album.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.10.2015 - 02:57
Megadeth88

Written by Ocean Sage on 22.10.2015 at 00:57

I just want the new Anthrax album and I already have Spreading the Disease (looks at tracklist full of live Belladonna tracks)...fuck I might get this too. TAKE ALL MY MONEY SCOTT IAN!

Agreed!
22.10.2015 - 15:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Interesting.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
26.10.2015 - 16:46
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.10.2015 at 00:42

If they are re-releasing the album, they SHOULD re-master it. I'm not saying the album needs re-mastering, because it doesn't, but it's not such a bad idea. Flotsam and Jetsam's debut proves that re-mastering can give excellent results.

Edit:
Also, Disc Two, track 05, "Howling Furries"? Sounds hilarious
02.11.2015 - 00:05
Timelord

I could never view Spreading the Disease as a "true" thrash album. I have always considered it a preview as to what was to come with "Among the Living" one of the best thrash albums ever recorded.

Hits total: 2324 | This month: 3