Metal Storm logo
Shaolin Death Squad - Release New Lyric Video

After announcing their newest EP, As You Become Us, Shaolin Death Squad have unleashed their newest sound to the world. It is a lyric music video of the title track of their newest EP. Their latest album, Five Deadly Venoms, was released five years ago back in 2010, and As You Become Us is yet another vivid experimental avantgarde action for your ears to consume. The lyric video was animated by Brandon Fetterman and the artwork designed by Blair Smith. You may watch the video below.

The new EP was produced by the acclaimed producer Maor Appelbaum.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Shaolin Death Squad
Posted: 01.11.2015 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 62 users
01.11.2015 - 20:02
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Pretty good, but I'm a little disappointed. FDV was a little weak compared to their debut so I guess I was just hoping for a return to form. Oh well...let's see what the rest of the EP has to offer.
01.11.2015 - 20:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Ok song. But it sounded so... normal. Easylistening. I dunno
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
01.11.2015 - 21:06
mz

Written by Karlabos on 01.11.2015 at 20:30

Ok song. But it sounded so... normal. Easylistening. I dunno

SDS has always been an easylistening band.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
02.11.2015 - 00:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by mz on 01.11.2015 at 21:06

SDS has always been an easylistening band.

By your standards, no doubt. I'm sure others - not myself included - wouldn't find their debut as such. Relative to that album, this really is easy listening...a shame the way I see it.
02.11.2015 - 01:07
mz

Written by LeKiwi on 02.11.2015 at 00:48

By your standards, no doubt. I'm sure others - not myself included - wouldn't find their debut as such. Relative to that album, this really is easy listening...a shame the way I see it.

I mean, within the standards of avantgarde metal, SDS is pretty easy to listen. Compare it to the craziness of Unexpect, for example. Hell, I have even given their debut to some of my friends who are not much into metal, and they loved it, probably because of those uplifting, danceable and funky moments.
----
02.11.2015 - 01:08
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by mz on 02.11.2015 at 01:07

I mean, within the standards of avantgarde metal, SDS is pretty easy to listen. Compare it to the craziness of Unexpect, for example. Hell, I have even given their debut to some of my friends who are not much into metal, and they loved it, probably because of those uplifting, danceable and funky moments.

Good points. This is still a walk in the park compared to their debut. It's just one track tho, so we'll have to wait and see.
02.11.2015 - 01:11
mz

Written by LeKiwi on 02.11.2015 at 01:08

Good points. This is still a walk in the park compared to their debut. It's just one track tho, so we'll have to wait and see.

I still need to give it another shot, but it was pretty OK for me. It is indeed simpler compared to what they had done before, but I am not sure if that is a bad thing.
And hey, the video is neat.
----
02.11.2015 - 01:12
mz

Written by LeKiwi on 02.11.2015 at 01:08

I still need to give it another shot, but it was pretty OK for me. It is indeed simpler compared to what they had done before, but I am not sure if that is a bad thing.
----
02.11.2015 - 01:17
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by mz on 02.11.2015 at 01:11

Yeah, simple can be just as good - I'm just not convinced that Shaolin are very good at simple yet The video was pretty cool indeed.
02.11.2015 - 11:46
Alondate

First time hearing them and I think...

Hits total: 1933 | This month: 6