Metal Storm logo
Gamma Ray - Introduce New Singer

German power metal greats Gamma Ray have big news to share today. They have announced a new singer. Together with the legendary guitarist/vocalist Kai Hansen, Frank Beck will now share vocal duties as well. This will give Kai Hansen more freedom during the live performances and he won't focus as much on the singing part. So, Gamma Ray is now a quintet.

The band explains this decision: "The band has decided to further on work with two singers for several good reasons. So from now on the vocals there will be Mr. Kai Hansen as usual plus and welcome please Mr. Frank Beck with whom the band has done already a good amount of shows in the past. We found out that Frank is not only a great singer that very much fits into the band from his voice and from his temper of the voice and his kind of singing but as well as a very very good human being that is fit to live up to the extreme expectations that we as a band have for people joining.

"Mainly this guy cannot only sing, he can party, too and that's very important. So that was reason one. Another good reason was that Kai just felt that it's time for him to cut a bit shorter on singing because he found out that his long touring especially headline shows after a while always tends to fuck up the voice and end up with something that is not a hundred percent. So sharing the vocals makes things much easier and much more pleasurable.

"It will not only give the band a new dimension soundwise or vocalwise but it will as well - and here is reason number three - give Kai the freedom to move around on stage a lot and plus create a bit more action on the live performances and be more free to play the guitar which actually he does like a lot. So ladies and gentleman please welcome the new Gamma Ray and please welcome Mr. Frank Beck."

Courtesy of the band

Source: gammaray.org
Band profile: Gamma Ray
Posted: 01.11.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 245 users
01.11.2015 - 14:06
Metal Invader

Welcome Mr. Frank Beck!
But who are you
01.11.2015 - 14:45
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Interesting. Can't argue with the decision and Kai Hansen is still there and sounds like he will be singing still to some extent. Really hope Frank has a unique sound from Kai so that the contrast between the two will be noticeable. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out!
01.11.2015 - 15:01
Some Guy

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSPHI-Td3k

There's a good example of how it will sound in the studio. I'm not entirely sure what to think yet.

He's not bad though.
01.11.2015 - 15:57
Nicko's Nose

This band hasn't written one original song in nearly 10 years, so I can't say I care about this news. Sorry to be negative.
01.11.2015 - 17:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Isn't it batter to ask new guitarist, even kai is know more as guitarist, seems he gets old ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2015 - 19:59
IcePickLodger

Not bad... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFEhx1iO8U
02.11.2015 - 01:59
mikeprado30

Good move. Kai's vocals sadly are decreasing in power and high-pitching with the years...
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
02.11.2015 - 02:27
CoolNameGuy91

He seems like a very fitting vocalist. I'd be more worried about his range if they weren't sharing vocal duties, because Hansen just hits some awesome notes that sound like no one else.
02.11.2015 - 02:32
Ruchesko

Reminds me of when Marco Hietala hired Tommi Salmela as co-vocalist in Tarot: what's the fecking point?

Seriously Kai, if singing's starting to hurt, announce your retirement as a vocalist, do a guest-laden Gamma Ray farewell show and start a new band...
02.11.2015 - 13:56
@zgarol

Meh. Everybody of Scheepers, Kiske and Hansen were better. Hope they will either change their mind or find someone else.

Hits total: 4453 | This month: 13