Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Contemplated Re-Recording Debut Album With Current Lineup

It seems like guitarist/vocalist Dave Mustaine (MegaDave) loves the current lineup of Megadeth so much that he even contemplated re-recording the band's debut album, Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!, with the trio of musicians that surrounds him now for the album's 30th anniversary. The band is currently on tour in Russia, with more European dates still to come, where he revealed this.

During a press conference in Moscow, Russia, Mustaine was asked by a reporter about a rumor that the band considered re-recording 1985's Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! with the current lineup for the album's 30th anniversary. He confirmed: "It's not a rumor. It's the 30th anniversary of it, so we wanted to remix it, and... I thought it would be better is we completely re-recorded it with this new lineup, cause I think that would be really exciting." However, Mustaine says that the band's commitment to finishing the process of completing their upcoming Dystopia record kept that from happening.

Drummer Chris Adler said: "I'd love to get that record more into the set. We've been talking about that as you know, especially with the reissue coming out. Yeah, it'd be fun to do it. My songs are 'The Skull Beneath the Skin' and 'Looking Down the Cross.' I'd love to get into those."

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 05.11.2015 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 178 users
05.11.2015 - 20:42
Darkside Momo
Retired
Dav ehas tarnished his legacy enough, so please no. Oh well, he does what he wants, but I won't listen to that I guess. The original is one hell of an excellent album, with that raw anger and aggression...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
05.11.2015 - 20:59
Maco
Pvt Funderground
First album is great, no need to ruin it.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
05.11.2015 - 22:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Darkside Momo on 05.11.2015 at 20:42

Dav ehas tarnished his legacy enough, so please no. Oh well, he does what he wants, but I won't listen to that I guess. The original is one hell of an excellent album, with that raw anger and aggression...

welcome me, see the real me ..... you made a typo LOL
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2015 - 06:56
sbgmetal

Dont think this is necessary either since they did remaster Killing is my business already and i think that sounds good
06.11.2015 - 07:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
All I've gotta say here basically echoes the sentiment expressed by other people above me.... that is: PLEASE don't do this, MegaDave

I may mostly be into BM, doom, drone, psychedelic, and experimentally-inclined metal these days, but nonetheless, when I was first getting into metal Megadeth were really one of the first bands I was introduced to, and although I simply can't stand what the band are doing nowadays, the first four albums will always have a very special place in my heart just because of how closely I grew up with them. Killing Is My Business has always been my favorite... it was bad enough for Dave to remaster that album, but rerecording it would only be shitting on its legacy even more if you ask me. Just leave it alone, brah, for the sake of your own credibility. Ya know, if he still even gives a damn about that at all
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.11.2015 - 13:25
Xenomorph1001

Rewrites every story, every poem that ever was.
08.11.2015 - 02:25
DeathSlyzer

Still, I would be curious to hear how he would sing those songs now. It'd probably be awful, and he would have to use a lot of studio magic to make the vocals sound anything close to good. But it would still be interesting...
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
10.11.2015 - 11:05
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Will that include the Nancy Sinatra cover that got mangled in the re-releases?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.11.2015 - 07:42
hisham80

I already have the original album and the remastered so that's 2 and with the re-recording that is 3 !!! don't know if there will be version 4 ..but however i am kinda curious to see how will they nail it
16.11.2015 - 12:09
theFIST

Testament did well rerecording their old songs, but they did it when they were in a strong phase around the turn of the century
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

Hits total: 2309 | This month: 7