Metal Storm logo
Deep Purple

11.03.2007 - 10:43
marillionfan
Account deleted
No Deep Purple thread yet. DP is one of the most influential rock bands ever, Ritchie Blackmore is one of the greatest guitarists, that has influeced tons of other guitarists. All members that were/have been/are in DP areamzing, outstanding musicians, creative, innovative and skilled. But enough superlatives for now. I'd like you to "talk" about your favourite/least favourite (if any) albums, favourite songs, members (vocalist - there have been 5 of them, guitarists - 3, bassists - 3, keyboardists - 2 (unfortunately Jon Lord quitted, being replaced by Don Airey in 2003).

Don't worry, you'll see my opinions as soon as we get this thread started a little bit.;D.
11.03.2007 - 12:20
rickash
Account deleted
One of the best band ever, really love their music! I'd say their best studio album is burn (the song burn just blows me away!) , live is made in japan! As for the members: There never has been and never will be another drummer that even comes close to Ian Paice and what he did during the 70ies, he is God! My favourite singer is Glenn Hughes, his voice is just incredible (it's very good nowdays aswell, love his solo work) I am yet to hear a better singer! As for guitarist.. well, thats a nobrainer
11.03.2007 - 12:40
marillionfan
Account deleted
I didn't say to compare guitarists; anyway Tommy Bolin (RIP) and Steve Morse are very good guitarists and musicians. Let's not forget that.
14.03.2007 - 01:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yes, Deep Purple is a great band indeed...my favorite album by them would have to be Machine Head...a great album from beginning to end...yeah, it really sucks that Jon Lord left the band, but when I saw Deep Purple in summer 2005, Don Airey did a really good job...their last two albums, Bananas and Rapture of the deep were REALLY well done! Bananas especially...
14.03.2007 - 22:59
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.03.2007 at 01:10

Yes, Deep Purple is a great band indeed...my favorite album by them would have to be Machine Head...a great album from beginning to end...yeah, it really sucks that Jon Lord left the band, but when I saw Deep Purple in summer 2005, Don Airey did a really good job...their last two albums, Bananas and Rapture of the deep were REALLY well done! Bananas especially...

Congratulations for seeing DP live. they were in my country during the Abandon Tour ( a very good friend of mine went to the concert) but unfortunately I wasn't able to go.
I agree, their last two albums are great indeed.
17.03.2007 - 14:22
L.O.V.E. Machine
Account deleted
I like Dee? Purple but I'm not into them much. I saw them in 2004 with Status Quo. You should see me half naked dancing on rock'n'roll.
18.03.2007 - 13:50
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I can safely say Deep Purple are either my Fav band or 2nd fav, Like someone said Burn Is a awesome album, well all there albums are, my other fav albums would be, In Rock, and Fireball, i fail to see how you can not like deep purple !!
18.03.2007 - 15:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
The song Burn is just astonishing! I heard it for the first time a couple of days ago and I was shocked. Great solos and chorus!
----
18.03.2007 - 23:59
Garaicito
i'm a big DP fan, i really love the mark II... i grow up listening the guitar of blackmore, that's why i'm a big fan of rainbow and blackmore's night too
i don't really have a favorite album, i really love albums like In Rock, Fireball or the mark I albums... Shades of Deep Purple and Book Of Taliesyn, i think that the work with Rod Evans an Nick Simper is a great job
the DP's mark III it's a big formation too, glen hughes and david coverdale are great musicians, but coverdale wasn't a great singer really, you just have to listen mark III playin songs live and you'll see that coverdale nedeed hughes singing a lot, anyway there are great albums too of the mark III, i really like Who Do Whe Think We Are, Burn and Stormbringer
26.03.2007 - 14:36
Anathemani@c
I don't know why, but I don't like Deep Purple that much, except some well-known songs.. My favourite song although has to be child in time, which I call "heavy metal hymn" . Every time I listen to it there's a cold breeze down my spine! These vocals..... I am not a fan, but on the other hand I realise and I do admire them as one of Rock's gods. They are one of the biggest bands ever.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
04.04.2007 - 23:56
Bitch Boy
Deep Purple are good, but I'm not into their stuff. My father is a great fan of them though, and I think that this was one of the first hard-rock/heavy bands I heard. My favorite song is "Smoke on the water". I fully agree that Blackmore is one of the greatest guitarrist, he has given us very good material with all his bands and projects.
06.04.2007 - 07:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Wow...three people just came in here to say that they don't like DP that much
At least you guys appreciate a lot of the classic songs and what they stand for
23.04.2007 - 01:49
Darktonny
Account deleted
Yeh, they're a great band and I think "Made in Japan" is the best live album ever.
23.04.2007 - 06:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There's this new car commercial where this dude discovers that a bunch of the gear shifts are the notes to Smoke On The Water...hilarious....
25.04.2007 - 01:28
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Wow, im surprised there aren't more posts on this thread .

Anyways they're a great band, i'm not that into them but i love the album Machine Head and i respect all the contributions they made for metal.
10.05.2007 - 12:08
Constantinos
Think that... What would the metal scence be without Deep Purple, and especially without Ritchie Blackmore???

I believe that Blackmore is not only a guitarist and a musician, he is the "spiritual father" of many other guitarists (I agree with marillionfan who said before me). For example Yngwie Malmsteen, Olaf Lenk (At Vance) are the two examples I have in mind right now.

To be honest, I believe that Deep Purple is Blackmore. I know that some of you might disagree with me, but it's ok...
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
10.05.2007 - 23:46
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I'm alot older than allya I crew up listening this band , when I was 5 years young my older brothers played some songs to me and I loved it first song was Highway star , those solos I've loved ever since , it is everything what Deep Purple is all about constant battle between guitar and Hammond organs and drums and bass enhance that with such brilliance , nowadays it is totally unmatched nobody comes anywhere close;D

Ritchie and Jon have been beyond brilliance in that they are gods among musicians

That's why I love Deep Purple
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.05.2007 - 14:43
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
a big fan of Roger Glover - and Deep Purple here
20.05.2007 - 01:55
Darktonny
Account deleted
Deep Purple influenced heavy metal and their live is just fantastic. I think their "Made in Japan" is one of the best live albums in rock history.

My favourite album... well I don't know, maybe "In Rock", or maybe "Machine Head", but my favourite song is 100% sure, "Child in Time".
30.06.2007 - 05:02
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
sweeet band !!! There is more to them than just "SMoke On The Water" let me tell you. Oh and Metal Church did a cover ov their "Highway Star" song
30.06.2007 - 17:50
darksun
I am listening to The Battle Rages On album now.It's great and i feel i am crazy about Gillan's vocals again.Though my favourita Deep Purple song is soldier of fortune and never had a chance to listen to that from Gillan,i believe that Gillan is an master of vocal.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
01.07.2007 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love early albums of them I listen Bananas well I would say it was boring album and I like only eraly Gillan/Coverdalle era, its like Led Zeppelin firts 4 albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.07.2007 - 02:02
Remus
Oh my soul, i've just heard "Sweet Child in Time" for the first time! This song is amazing! The solo is like WOW! It's quite metal in a 70's way... But i can't stop listening to it!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
13.07.2007 - 16:30
Darktonny
Account deleted
Deep Purple are as great as life itself, guys!!!!
22.07.2007 - 13:18
Rainbow rules
Account deleted
I am joining into this rather late, but I cannot refrain from contributing to a Deep Purple thread. I think they're one of the greatest bands ever, if not the greatest. My favourite album by this band would be 'In Rock' by the Mark II line-up. Probably one of the first metal albums ever, along with 'Black Sabbath' of course.....

Anyway, they did great stuff after that including the material by the present line-up. Fortunately I've had the chance of seeing them live here in Malta during the 'Abandon' tour.
24.07.2007 - 04:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Reums: Yeah, that song has Ian Gillan doing quite the set of pipes...quite a powerful vocalist and quite an amazing song...
12.08.2007 - 05:59
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I would agree with most of what Rainbow rules said. My fav album is the self-titled (easily one of my favourites of all time) and I missed their concert 1 or 2 years ago because I wasn't really into them yet. I may not have gone anyway, I'm a pretty cheap bastard who doesn't like LIVE as much as some people... I haven't heard the Burn or Stormbringer albums apart from the title tracks, which do kick a lot of ass. All the members own so I don't really have any favourites there, except maybe Blackmore/Gillan/Lord because of their power and I'm more familiar with their stuff. Of course Paice is amazing too.
I like the Mk I material just as much as Mk II's... And they have done tons of stuff better than Smoke on the Water.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
13.08.2007 - 00:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hear thay has realised 2 new love albums recoredet in 60ties Its true
If yes its woud be interesting hear them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.10.2007 - 11:27
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
This is the band that get me into metal Thanks To My dad that told me about em.. ..Deep Purple has some incridible almbums

In Rock
Fireball
Machine Head
Burn
Stormbringer

hell yeah!!!
----
Stay Metal !!!
28.10.2007 - 11:38
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A new audio interview with keyboardist Don Airey has been posted at Metalhead.ro at this location.