Metal Storm logo
Emperor - Complete Works Box Set Details Revealed

Last year, Emperor announced their Complete Works vinyl box set, spanning the black metallers entire career. The box set will be the first time their works have been remastered specifically for vinyl and presented as special editions. It will be released by Finnish label Blood Music which has started revealing its contents now. Emperor's The Complete Works will be a 24-LP, one 7", and one book box set. The public pre-order date for the box set is slated to begin on December 9th, 2015.

The box set contains every Emperor release in its "most official" form, as well as a good handful of unofficial ones which are being made official for the first time ever.

Contents:

• I - Wrath Of The Tyrant [1992] 45-RPM LP

The demo was self-released via cassette through mailorder and the infamous Helvete shop in Oslo, and it became an underground hit. Various licenses saw the material edited several times, with the original intro swapped out and an outro randomly added or removed, depending upon the release. The production sound has also existed in various formats throughout time.

• II - Rehearsal 1992 [1992] 45-RPM LP

The 2nd LP in Emperor's The Complete Works box set marks the first-time official publication of an entire alternate playthrough of Wrath Of The Tyrant demo, prepared and furnished by the band themselves. Simply dubbed Rehearsal 1992, this recording (mastered specifically for this set) now marks the earliest official publication with Faust on drums and Samoth on guitar. The original Wrath Of The Tyrant demo featured Samoth on drums, due to lack of a suitable local black metal drummer at the time.

• III - Emperor EP [1993] 45-RPM mLP

The first studio recordings of Emperor were released in their four song, self-titled EP in 1993. This EP marked many career-defining turning points for the band. The original EP features two re-recorded tracks from Wrath Of The Tyrant, alongside two new tracks. The mLP in common, current circulation is also extremely loud (same problem as Wrath Of The Tyrant). The mLP in The Complete Works set takes down the volume considerably and gives much more room for the dynamics in the material, to bring it back to its original state.

• IV - The Akkerhaugen Tapes [1993] 45-RPM LP

The 4th LP in Emperor's The Complete Works box set features early rehearsal and pre-production versions of five different songs from the period between the band's self-titled EP and their debut album. The tracks were recorded in their rehearsal room in Akkerhaugen, Norway, and showcase the group perfecting their songwriting towards their massive breakthrough album. There are three raw, room-mic-recorded rehearsal tracks which have never been officially released before - "The Burning Shadows Of Silence," "Cosmic Keys To My Creations & Times," and "Towards The Pantheon."

• V - In The Nightside Eclipse [1994] 45-RPM 2xLP

The infamous Emperor debut album marked not only a massive propulsion forward for the band, but also a grand statement for black metal as a whole. This is the recording that catapulted the group into the international spotlight as one of the key players in the Norwegian black metal uprising, eventually sweeping through much of mainstream media.

Instead of including version upon version of the same record, it was chosen to use the initial audio as the jumping off point. With this in mind, this is the quietest material in the set, meaning that you need to crank the volume; but once done, the keyboards will soar wider than ever before. It is very clear that the LP in common, current circulation has not been properly optimized for vinyl, as it sounds very thin. This 2xLP version gives perspective into how the material was originally intended to sound. Not just an attack, but eerie and all-encompassing. The album appears in its first pressing track listing without any bonus tracks.

Follow Blood Music's Facebook page to find out all the other details of the box set, set to be unveiled soon.

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Emperor
  • Posted: 09.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 8   Visited by: 164 users
    09.11.2015 - 15:05
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    ----
    09.11.2015 - 15:58
    Gothmog_Motsham

I'm a little worried they might make a come back and it sucks. But then again, Arcturus kicked our asses with Arcturian so you never know!
    09.11.2015 - 16:14
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 09.11.2015 at 15:58

I'm a little worried they might make a come back and it sucks. But then again, Arcturus kicked our asses with Arcturian so you never know!

They disbanded the band for all the right reasons. They didn't want to shit on their legacy then and I can't imagine they want to now. This appears to be more a label than a band thing. Kinda like the Deliverance and Damnation combi-release by Opeth last week.
    ----
    09.11.2015 - 16:55
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Well can I make it whit 3D printer as real I want it but unfortunately it costs fortune
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    09.11.2015 - 17:01
    Nefarious
    Doom Knight
    Ah man...can't wait! RIP wallet.
    ----
    "FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
    09.11.2015 - 17:31
    chronic-headache

Oh man...idk if my wallet can take this hit :'(

it sounds so beautiful. Makes me sad I missed out on blood musics' Moonsorrow box....
    09.11.2015 - 22:13
    Vombatus
    Potorro
    I'm interested in seeing the price of this Especially since Blood Music is not a particulary cheap label....

I'd really need to get the Emperor albums in vinyl format, but I'll pass this if they include all the rehearsal/live stuff for the sake of being "complete".
    10.11.2015 - 15:32
    Vetrarnott
    Account deleted
    I would like to have this, but let's see if it's not more expensive than the individual LPs.

Hits total: 4332 | This month: 6