Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Share New Album Details, Rafael Trujillo Joins

Obscura are finally releasing a new album and the details are out in the open. Their highly-anticipated fourth full-length album is to be called Akroasis and is due out on February 5th, 2016 via Relapse Records. The aptly-named 'Akroasis' (Greek for "hearing" or "listening") draws on all the various elements of Obscura's signature sound and combines those qualities into a mind-blowing and cohesive whole. Watch a trailer here for the record that includes four minutes of new music via YouTube.

The album was produced by the band and V. Santura ( Triptykon, Pestilence). The CD and LP versions each come with (separate) exclusive bonus tracks.

Tracklist:
01. Sermon Of The Seven Suns
02. The Monist
03. Akroasis
04. Ten Sepiroth
05. Ode To The Sun
06. Fractal Dimension
07. Perpetual Infinity
08. Weltseele
09. On The Origin Of Primal Expression [bonus]
10. Melos [deluxe vinyl bonus]

In other news, Rafael Trujillo has joined the ranks of Obscura as the new lead guitarist, replacing Tom Geldschläger, whom stayed very little time in the group.

"Rafael is young and full of motivation. His great guitar tone, his speed and his tasteful choice of scales are just a little insight into his musical skills. We are very proud to have him on board and look forward to share the stages with him on the upcoming touring cycle." - Linus Klausenitzer

"I'm really happy to be a part of this band. It's like a dream is coming true for me. Also I'm looking forward to work together with these awesome musicians. I can't wait to bring my own ideas into the new material even if I didn't take part in the recordings of the great new album Akroasis. However, be prepared for upcoming shows!" - Rafael Trujillo

Rafael graduated from Munich Guitar Institute in 2014 and studies Jazz at Amsterdam Conservatorium, University of Arts. During the production of Akroasis, Obscura parted ways with Tom Geldschläger in early July. His contributions for the band will be credited in the upcoming album.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 10.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 123 users
10.11.2015 - 16:02
Necrotion7

Awesome cant wait
10.11.2015 - 21:14
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Damn, I was interested to hear Tom on the record. Anyway, good news, hope it will kick ass just like its predecessors.
----

Hits total: 2408 | This month: 4