Metal Storm logo
Bands like Luca Turilli and Rhapsody

22.05.2006 - 13:42
Lupas
Maximus
I would like to know more bands like the style of these two bands. I mean symphonic power metal with a touch of operatic style.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
22.05.2006 - 21:56
danzig111
Account deleted
Thy Majestie are an Italian Symphoic Power Metal band who play in the vein ov what you're asking......they are okay.

I wonder if Nightwish falls into that category...

Hope that helped.
22.05.2006 - 22:27
Lupas
Maximus
@danzig

yeah thy majestie are great and they are that type of bands that i like .

Nightwish are other story, although they are my best metal band
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.05.2006 - 14:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno if there are simmilar bands because thay are one of best in thay genre, specely lyrcs, music its llike only one band who plays like this, I can not imagine band who plays simmilar
Maybe Astral Doors and Sabaton from Sweden, but still Rhapsody and Luca are epic, great, emotional and atomsferic babds, and for outher bands its hard to coppy them.

Lupas hawe you ewery hear Thundercross
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2006 - 15:36
Draklar
Account deleted
Sabaton are more Manowar'ish.
Freedom Call are somewhat similar. More similar to Rhapsody than to Luca Turilli...
23.05.2006 - 15:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Never had hear Freedome Call, but Dragonforce I thin thay are more girllish and not so epic how Luca and Rhapsody, but Sabathon, I mean lyricaly thay are Manowarish and misical half Luca halh Manowar
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2006 - 22:51
Lupas
Maximus
@Draklar

Freedom Call are alike Rhapsody .

@K7

I will find out about Thundercross . In internet i couldn't find thier site
----
23.05.2006 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lupas on 23.05.2006 at 22:51

@K7

I will find out about Thundercross . In internet i couldn't find thier site

Thundercos was Rhapsody name in 1995 than thay change it to Rhapsody, I think thay realsed only ine demo tape and EP, or something, its hard get them.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 00:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Dark Moor is the closest band i can recommend, they are Symphonic Power Metal, but much closer to the Rhaposdy style than most bands.
Especially on 'Between Light And Darkness' and 'Dark Moor'
24.05.2006 - 14:18
Lupas
Maximus
@K7
Better told me before

@Dark Cornatus

Yes i have listen to them. They are from Spian , i think , and thier sound is much alike Rhapsody.
Tkx
----
24.05.2006 - 19:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dark Moor are more epic and more powerfull how Luca and Rhapsody and thay are more agresieve, and more violand in music, I eman thay play whit more power thay instruments, but lyrics are simmilar
Try Salamandra from Slovakia I had hear album "Great Moravian Elegies" and it is amazing, greata nd lyrics are in english, maybe one song in Slovak
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 21:54
danzig111
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: Thundercross are pre-Rhapsody aren't they?
25.05.2006 - 01:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 21:54

@Kariasakis7: Thundercross are pre-Rhapsody aren't they?

Yes thay are, and I try to explain in my posts

Thay realised demo whit name " Land of Immortals" its on tape
Tracklist:
1. Invernal Fury 04:33
2. Warrior of Ice 04:04
3. Land of Immortals 05:23
4. Holy Wind 03:32
Total playing time 17:32

Im lazy to chech Rhapsody discography, but some songs I think are remastered

About Salamandra sorry but thay are Czech band from Ostrava here are home page
http://www.salamandra.cz/
Video http://www.salamandra.cz/u14video.htm
mp3 http://www.salamandra.cz/u05mp3.htm
Lupas try and post what you think
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2006 - 05:46
Deathwyrm
I highly recommend Insania.

They do the speedy epic stuff, though without the symphony (but keyboards are very noticable).

Careful, there seems to also be a punk band by that name. Check out the World of Ice album. If it tickles your fancy, try their other work.

Oh, and Thy Majestie rule.
27.05.2006 - 19:25
Nobody
Account deleted
Hey, I was just listeninging to Angra's Temple of Shadows album. Now I don't know their other stuff but I think they'd be a very good recommendation. It's very symphonic music and even has some operatic vocals and stuff. Check it out.

Not to mention some pretty awesome cover art.........

29.05.2006 - 06:56
MetalSpider
Thy Majestie is similar to Luca and Rhapsody. I actually enjoy Thy Majesties music more then Rhapsody and Luca. Just listen to Hastings 1066...its an amazing album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
31.05.2006 - 14:00
Lupas
Maximus
@Nobody

ABout ANgra i will try to listen to them

@MEtal Spider

Yeah Thy MAjestie are great. They seems like Rhapsody ,
----
31.05.2006 - 14:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Lupas Angre thay are not so epica nd melodic how Rhapsody, etliest newest albums, and about early albums, I dont know, so you can try
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2006 - 19:27
Aresius
Account deleted
I would like to recommend a couple of bands...

Power Quest

Power Quest could best be described as melodic Power metal and to call them a UK band might be offensive to the two italians in the band...I think this band is proof that not only is metal in good shape, but power metal seems to be making a comeback...this band was conceived in March 2001 by Steve Williams after he left DragonHeart, which is now DragonForce, with fellow band mate and bass player Steve Scott (Shadowkeep, DragonHeart)...I really like this band and I think you'll enjoy their sound...

http://www.power-quest.co.uk/ Official Site

http://www.myspace.com/powerquest MySpace Profile

Galloglass

This is another power metal band that I find interesting...Galloglass provide you with really high material melodic power metal which take you back to the early days of Nocturnal Rites and Rhapsody...a classical power metal band in my opinion, but they have managed to give the genre an extra touch...

http://www.galloglass.de/ Official Site

I hope you like it

enjoy
23.06.2006 - 21:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Athlantis is a band of symphonic metal that are very close to the rhapsody sound, but if you search for something more folk, listen to Saurom Lamderth
23.06.2006 - 23:02
DarkMistress
Dreamquest, it´s the new side project from Turilli, pretty nice

Fairyland maybe, it´s epic power metal from france
----
Wait in fire
24.06.2006 - 17:55
Lupas
Maximus
Hey you all gave to me great bands .

Power Quest and Galloglass: are two great bands. It strange that i never heard them
Altantis: Great band , and i have somthing about them
Dreamquest and Fairyland : Recently i have listen some of thier albums and they both are great

Saurom Lamderth: Great video from their site. , seems that are quite popular in Southern America ??
----
25.06.2006 - 01:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
you all shood try astral doors thay are from sweden and play melo. power metal, simmilar how rhapsody, but diferent vocals, and not so epic
----

apos;'
[image]
25.06.2006 - 14:55
duyhung
Account deleted
@lupas : you should try Secret Sphere. They're from Italy, like Rhapsody and they play the same music kind with Rhapsody
25.06.2006 - 16:07
Lupas
Maximus
@K7 : Once again tks my friend. i better start to find more about these bands that most of you here suggest me

@duyhung: Seeing your profile , most of your fav. music sound alike mine. You have suggest me this band Secret Sphere and they are great too. Tks and if you need any help with this site just pm me
----
25.06.2006 - 17:14
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Angra and Avantasia might be your thing...I like them both a lot and also try Battleheart (http://www.battleheart.co.uk)
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.06.2006 - 02:57
Pianoman
Account deleted
Try with the albums: angels cry and temple of shadows of angra that are very symphonic.

Try too with shaman, the album ritual (not reason that is heavy metal)
26.06.2006 - 19:10
danzig111
Account deleted
@Draklar: Freedom Call sounding like Rhapsody?? I don't know......Freedom Call are more Heavy like Gamma Ray.....
26.06.2006 - 23:27
LeDruide
That's true, Freedom Call doesn't sound like Rhapsody, they're more heavy. They sound more like Edguy. The rythm is slower. They use choirs and less symphonic instrumental parts. But they're good, better than Rhapsody imo.
Concerning Fairyland, their first album was quite a re-recording of Symphony of Enchanted Land with a little personnal touch, so yeah they sound like Rhapsody.
26.06.2006 - 23:32
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Aresius: thanks for those bands (PowerQuest and Galloglass). They're really good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep