Metal Storm logo
Motörhead - Former Drummer Philthy Phil Passes Away

Heavy metal legends Motörhead have lost their former drummer Phil Taylor aka Philthy Phil, who died at the age of 61. He was the band's drummer from 1975-1984 and later from 1987-1992. After that, current drummer Mikkey Dee took over the drummer spot. He appeared on the band's debut album and played on a further 10 albums, including 1979's Bomber, 1980's Ace Of Spades, and 1981 live album No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith. He contributed to 1992 album March Or Die but departed the band during the recording process. It seems like he was ill for quite some time. R.I.P.

Former Motörhead guitarist ''Fast' 'Eddie Clark commented: My dear friend and brother passed away last night. He had been ill for sometime but that does not make it any easier when the time finally comes. I have known Phil since he was 21 and he was one hell of a character. Fortunately we made some fantastic music together and I have many many fond memories of our time together. Rest in Peace, Phil!"

As for the band, they also released a statement: "Lil' Philthy...he who once shouted 'stop wincing about' on an album...he who fueled many a young boy's punk/metal hairstyles...he who played the drums with fury and intent...he who liked to call people 'wazzocks' once in a while...friend, Roman, Derbyshireman...rest in peace...with much love..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Motörhead
Posted: 12.11.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 139 users
12.11.2015 - 22:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Damn, this hits me right in the feels

Might not be too into them nowadays, but back when I was like 11, 12 and first getting into metal, when I started listening to early Motorhead I couldn't help but noticing how sick the drumming was, and I really fell in love with Phil's style. It's still a sort of playing I prefer in drummers to this day, so in a way he was an important part of the development of my metal listening preferences. RIP Phil, and ride that D-beat chariot to the gates of Valhalla!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.11.2015 - 23:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Damn, that bites. The guy who practically defined the classic Motorhead style. RIP.
12.11.2015 - 23:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP, sad news but I thought 1th who will die from this band will be Ian
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2015 - 03:49
Ankläger

"Stop wincing about!"
Haha, that line is Motörhead in a nutshell.

This man will be missed
13.11.2015 - 07:33
Big-Al

----

I drink moosepiss
13.11.2015 - 09:20
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
R.I.P.
14.11.2015 - 00:07
Insanious

Great drummer... R.I.P.
14.11.2015 - 18:19
In Bone Factory

RIP
----
The End Is Nigh ...
15.11.2015 - 00:05
Timelord

For quite a few years now the one thing that I have dreaded was to start having bands that I grew up with start dying off. Philthy inspired many a drummer to pick up the sticks. He will be missed.

Hits total: 1771 | This month: 3