Metal Storm logo
Onslaught: Pure thrash from the UK. New album is released

11.03.2007 - 21:23
Hellish Star
Onslaught is a band from the eighties. They released 3 albums in the eighties, "Power from hell" and "The force" which were pure thrash with harsh vocals. The third album (my favourite one) is "In search of sanity" which was more melodic, more "midtempo.

I saw these guys, after their reunion, at the 'keep it true' festival in Germany in november 2006. They did a hell of a job, amzazing performance. They played some new songs and they sounded awesome.

Finally the new album "Killing peace" is released. This is a THRASH METAL BOMB. It explodes right in your face; amazing thrashy riffs, great vocals, superb production. This might be the best thrash metal album from 2007....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.03.2007 - 22:04
SteTech
The new album sounds a lot like recent Exodus, but I like it, heavy stuff!
27.03.2007 - 19:22
Frikazojd
Account deleted
i just love Onfuckingslaught and their music.
my favorite album is also In Search Of Sanity...Powers From Hell and The Force kick ass also...
damn croati no one ever comes to play here...almost no one...goddamn
28.03.2007 - 13:34
Dagmesh
Account deleted
new album was very good, sign that they returned with all force
28.03.2007 - 20:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Thanxs Hellish Star

I have just listen their new album.

The intro of the song "Killing Peace" sounds a lot like Kreator
29.03.2007 - 12:58
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Listening to this pure masterpiece atm!
Killer album, for sure.
Written by Hellish Star on 11.03.2007 at 21:23

This is a THRASH METAL BOMB. It explodes right in your face; amazing thrashy riffs, great vocals, superb production. This might be the best thrash metal album from 2007....

Couldn't have said it better myself!
And indeed already a likely winner for the title of "Best Thrash Album Of The Year".

Although there seems to be something different with the vocals compared to older work..?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
29.03.2007 - 20:02
Frikazojd
Account deleted
cant wait to hear Killing Peace...
i wonder when will it come in croatian stores...
29.03.2007 - 23:16
Doh
New album is indeed killer. Like mix of Exodus and Slayer. And all songs are good , no fillers .
30.03.2007 - 01:57
Cut-Throat
great album! a thrash masterpiece reminds me alot of exodus! and its not from bay area for a change!
30.03.2007 - 11:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Finally got around to buying it yesterday, and is a brilliant piece of thrash, blows almost all present day thrash albums out of the water. I doubt anyone will be able to top Killing Peace this year in the thrash department.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.03.2007 - 12:09
Deadsoulman
Elite
Currently listening to "Shock And Awe" on their website. I only have one thing to say: I'm buying this album right now! If all the songs are like this one, this is indeed the thrash album of the year.
30.03.2007 - 12:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 30.03.2007 at 12:09

Currently listening to "Shock And Awe" on their website. I only have one thing to say: I'm buying this album right now! If all the songs are like this one, this is indeed the thrash album of the year.

All the songs are like that and also some better... so go out and buy the album NOW
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.05.2007 - 01:42
__Az__
Onslaught's new album are amazing! Killing Peace and Burn are such brilliant, classic thrash tracks. I completely reccomend. Also, How the hell can It be that Im the only fan on their page!

03.05.2007 - 19:04
Richard
Elite
I've only heard Onslaught's new album, Killing Peace. In fact, __Az__ was kind enough to lend it to me.

There are sooo many old 80's bands suddenly reforming and releasing new material these days that I'm sure most of us become skeptical about the motives of such reunions. (i.e. when Metal was seen to be not so lucrative in the 90's, they stay quiet - now it's becoming popular again they suddenly say "ooh, here we are again, look!") But although I can't compare this new album to their old stuff, at least Onslaught seems to be convincing with this new material - there is a genuine thrash energy there and a few quality riffs. Probably not destined to be a masterpiece or anything IMO, but encouraging, and worth a listen.
----
07.05.2007 - 23:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought Killing Peace not too long ago and I'm really enjoying it. The guitars are definitely the highlight of that album. This cd is going to be kept in my cd player for a while
12.05.2007 - 14:45
__Az__
Written by Dangerboner on 07.05.2007 at 23:48

I bought Killing Peace not too long ago and I'm really enjoying it. The guitars are definitely the highlight of that album. This cd is going to be kept in my cd player for a while

Yep, Killing Peace is definately one of my most played albums at the moment...
22.05.2007 - 03:22
kackbratze
Well, Killing Peace is a nice and solid thrash album, but it gets old very fast...
22.05.2007 - 13:39
__Az__
Written by kackbratze on 22.05.2007 at 03:22

Well, Killing Peace is a nice and solid thrash album, but it gets old very fast...

hmmmmm, Id have to disagree with you there mate, this album is still one of my most played...
31.05.2007 - 22:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
and here is the full set Onslaught played at Dynamo Open Air in 1986:

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=7951033921037146&q=dynamo+open+air

enjoy/
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2007 - 13:19
__Az__
Nice, thanks for the link there Marcel...

Im sure I'll enjoy this....
20.06.2007 - 16:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A sneak preview of the song 'Killing Peace' from the "Live Polish Assault 2007" DVD is available for viewing at YouTube at this location. Enjoy.
15.07.2007 - 01:49
Infurnace
Onslaught is one of the greatest Thrash Metal bands IMO. "Killing Peace" is a killer album! Really great. I'm still wanting to buy the "Live Polish Assault 2007" DVD.
15.07.2007 - 03:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I've heard the new stuff through myspace, I don't like it , but then again i never like it when an '80's Thrash band releases a recent album because they apply modern sounds and lose the old-school feel.

Onslaught's The Force though.....that's a kick-ass Thrash classic right there!
15.07.2007 - 22:39
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Good to see 23 reply

This album is a fucking masterpiece .... some bands who are still active and giving us some good thrash albums. Easily in my top 3 thrash release of the year with Hyades.
17.08.2007 - 08:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm going to shift gears and talk about the debut...

I just got Power From Hell the other day and while I think it's pretty good, some of the songs make me go, "what the fuck". Either track 3 or 4 has the exact riff from Ride the Lightning by Metallica, and track 8 sounds just like one of the Slayer songs on their debut. I still like this album though, despite some unoriginality and a couple uninteresting instrumental songs.
17.08.2007 - 11:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them but still prefere 80ties albums, I neve rhad liked albums after reunio of band, and I sometime stalk in myspace whit bandmembers heheh
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing