Metal Storm logo
Borknagar - Share New Album Cover And New Track

Prepare for some big news from Borknagar today. The Norwegians just revealed the cover that will grace Winter Thrice; that is their new album which is being released on January 22nd, 2016 via Century Media Records worldwide. The 10th studio album of the black metallers will feature eight new songs. One of them is available as of now. It's called "The Rhymes Of The Mountain" and it opens the album. Stop what you are doing and give it a spin below!

Tracklist:
01. The Rhymes Of The Mountain
02. Winter Thrice
03. Cold Runs The River
04. Panorama
05. When Chaos Calls
06. Erodent
07. Noctilucent
08. Terminus

Founder and guitarist Øystein G. Brun commented about the track: "'This was in fact the very first song I wrote for the new album and in many ways a very personal song. The song is quite frankly a full throttle hymn to the mountains. Growing up between the mountains here at the west coast of Norway, the inborn attraction towards the mountains is very real- and has been real for generations. Maybe it is just some sort of evolutionary misfiring deriving from my ancestors where I feel the urge to get up high to watch for dangers or enemies approaching from the coast, or to find new places to settle down. Maybe, maybe not. But throughout history, mountains have had a special place in many cultures and that's certainly no coincidence. This is my way of portraying the grandeur feeling of being on a mountain top with thin air, deadly winds and bloody taste in my mouth. That feeling."

Winter Thrice, just like the previous album Urd from 2012, was once again mixed by Jens Bogren/ Fascination Street Studios ( Opeth, Kreator, Amon Amarth, etc.) and packaged in artwork by Marcelo Vasco/P2RDesign ( Slayer, Machine Head, Soulfly, etc.). It is unique because it features four vocalist parts, including the return of original singer and Ulver-mastermind Kristoffer Rygg, a.k.a. Garm, who guests on two songs.

Source: borknagar.wpengine.com
Band profile: Borknagar
Posted: 20.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 144 users
20.11.2015 - 20:18
masterofdisguise

Great track, I was hoping they release a single featuring garm, but this one is already promising...
21.11.2015 - 01:37
Gothmog_Motsham

Awesome song and that cover is too damn sexy!
21.11.2015 - 02:35
YourRequiem

Really nice artwork :-) and looking forward for this album \m/
21.11.2015 - 06:42
MelancholiaC

Looking forward to finally getting into Borknagar with this album as well as digging into the band's discography.
21.11.2015 - 12:01
garmling
Account deleted
Bad thing is that I accidentally listened "The Olden Domain" just ahead of this song... So, this sounded like utter crap! Well, many albums are crap in comparison to that masterpiece. Will have to try listening this again later..... But I'm glad Garm is back, at least in two songs only....

Hits total: 2589 | This month: 2