Metal Storm logo
Testament

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 22.05.2006 - 15:55
Im surprised theres no thread about this band yet... Just goes to show how under-rated they are.... They certainly deserve more recognition... They have many top quality thrash albums/tracks... 'The Legacy'/Alone In The Dark..... 'The New Order'/Into The Pit & Trial By Fire....

My favourite Testament track is Alone In The Dark followed closely by a host of others including Disciples Of The Watch and Burnt Offering...

So, what does everyone else think of this band?
30.04.2008 - 00:23
Slaytan
Account deleted
man they are awesome

Alone in the Dark , Ap.. City , The Legacy so awesome
30.04.2008 - 03:37
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
This last album is awesome! They're back to the good old days!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
01.05.2008 - 03:51
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
yeah... underrated awesome thrash

new album is pretty good from what i've heard: F.E.A.R. , Killing Season , and More Than Meets the Eye are all sweet. It got a 9.0 here, right? that's pretty good...

but their older albums are still great too.
03.05.2008 - 02:05
EpicMayhem
Written by Guest on 01.05.2008 at 03:51

yeah... underrated awesome thrash

new album is pretty good from what i've heard: F.E.A.R. , Killing Season , and More Than Meets the Eye are all sweet. It got a 9.0 here, right? that's pretty good...

but their older albums are still great too.

I agree. The new album is great!
06.05.2008 - 10:48
Hellish Star
Indeed, new album is very good. Not their best (the debut still is) but awesome anyway
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
07.05.2008 - 06:56
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The best since The New Order if you ask me...there's something REALLY stunning in The Formation Of Damnation.
05.07.2008 - 16:23
Timelord
I have seen Testament twice. The first time was in Pensacola, Fl and they opened for Anthrax on the Among the Living tour. The Legacy had JUST come out and we didn't know who Testament was. When they hit the stage they blew me away(and anthrax for that matter). We hung out with testament and Anthrax behind the theater before the show and they were really cool guys. The next day I went and got the album and have been hooked ever since.

Second time was in Nashville,TN on the Practice What you Preach tour w/ Wrathchild America opening. Once again we got to hang out because there was no real backstage just behind the building. It was freezing cold and Eric Peterson had the flu. Lemme tell ya Chuck Billy is a towering man. As before they were really cool guys.

To me Souls of Black seemed kinda rushed and The Ritual showed the all to typical trash the thrash and go more commercial which normally meant doom. Testament came back strong though with some solid releases and a return to the heavy and brutal form that made them great. I am glad to see most of the orginal lineup back w/ Paul Bastaph on the skins. Formation of Damnation is a great album.
16.07.2008 - 03:49
Conemetal
"Formation of Damnation" is an awesome album, I love it because Testament are back to their good old days and because Testament are really they with Alek Skolnik back. Skolnik rules!!!
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
18.07.2008 - 11:48
mortjoyeux
fuck I love this band.
so pissed I'm missing them when they come with priest.
27.08.2008 - 08:11
Demonmayonnaise
Written by mortjoyeux on 18.07.2008 at 11:48

fuck I love this band.

I saw them last friday. To be honest, I think Heaven and Hell put on the best show, Testament only got 30 minutes to play, but the kicked ass anyway.
27.08.2008 - 15:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
I don't agree with people who say the last album is "great" I think it's good but that's all.
The Legacy and Souls of Black rule!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.09.2008 - 20:12
eleniShadow
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 27.08.2008 at 08:11

Written by mortjoyeux on 18.07.2008 at 11:48

fuck I love this band.

I saw them last friday. To be honest, I think Heaven and Hell put on the best show, Testament only got 30 minutes to play, but the kicked ass anyway.

When they played here in Hellas it was them and Dying Fetus. Testament played for an hour and half!!!
----
Hellenic Black Metal Legions
http://www.myspace.com/elenishadow
06.09.2008 - 14:20
Timelord
The new album is great!! They should have called "The Re-formation of Kick Ass Metal". I think Paul B's drumming is incredible on this album. Chuck's voice sounds as good as ever. Wish they would come close to New Orleans on this tour. Maybe I could catch em between hurricanes.
20.09.2008 - 04:01
Demonmayonnaise
Written by Timelord on 06.09.2008 at 14:20

The new album is great!! They should have called "The Re-formation of Kick Ass Metal". I think Paul B's drumming is incredible on this album. Chuck's voice sounds as good as ever. Wish they would come close to New Orleans on this tour. Maybe I could catch em between hurricanes.

I agree with you on Pauls drumming. The man is amazing behind the kit.
30.09.2008 - 03:17
ElevatorDS
Account deleted
the legacy was my fav, but formation was a pleasant surprise. back to their roots more or less
30.09.2008 - 04:01
Toast
Account deleted
Good band. Low's a really good thrash album, and Into the Pit is probably one of the best moshing songs ever haha! I need to see these guys live.
02.10.2008 - 18:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i think testament is a damn good band, its just that i didnt find their latest release to sound like them at all. i mean it was good music, dont get me wrong, but it didnt sound like testament, but rather a lamer version of Exodus and their Shovel Headed Kill Machine album.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.10.2008 - 21:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
caught them recently. sounded good, Alex is amazing. Chuck Billy is pretty funny during the solos when he takes his un-anchored microphone stand and plays air guitar with it...

Sacred Reich were also on the bill... The rhythm guitarist and bassist are huge, while the lead guitarist was rail thin and sported long blond hair and a ballcap which made him look eerily like the naked redneck the Sheriff's are always chasing around in Reno 911.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.10.2008 - 03:02
Testament is a classic thrash metal that did not sell out
TESTAMENT 4 LIFE
24.10.2008 - 07:15
thesabbathfan
The Formation of Damnation baby!

awesome thrash, nothing better.

HAIL FUCKIN TESTAMENT
----
17.11.2008 - 10:53
Metalbound7
Best Thrash Metal Album of 2008, Formation of Damnation! no Fuckin' doubt!
08.05.2009 - 14:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeuh listening right now to their best of "First Strike Still Deadly" and it's fucking SLAYING EPIC. really great riffs and the arpeggio guitar solo's are really juicy(Alex Skolnik is the guy's name right?). also the bass is pretty awesome, the drummer is really tight and stuff, and one of the guitarists does the low growl vocals right?

if i can go to Wacken this year surely i'm gonna go INTO THE PIT lol
08.05.2009 - 15:03
Saitenhexerin
The formation of damnation really amazed me. For I loved the Legacy (one of the albums that brought me to Thrash Metal way back then xD ) and first I was not sure if i should buy it, but I'm glad I did. though it sounds pretty modern, but I love it^^ Especially the guitar parts were stunning and the drumming is also pretty awesome. I hope I'll see them this summer...
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
09.05.2009 - 02:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Valentin B on 08.05.2009 at 14:18

and one of the guitarists does the low growl vocals right?

Nope, pretty much all the vocals are done by Chuck. He's got a pretty good range huh
09.05.2009 - 09:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 09.05.2009 at 02:45

Written by Valentin B on 08.05.2009 at 14:18

and one of the guitarists does the low growl vocals right?

Nope, pretty much all the vocals are done by Chuck. He's got a pretty good range huh

WTF i hadn't had that feeling since i first listened to "Painkiller"(the song) by Priest about 4 years ago, the guy seems pretty awesome.
15.05.2009 - 23:27
WITCHCLAN
LOVE TESTAMENT! The new album is awesome and by far their best work so far! Souls Of Black and Practice What You Preach are also excellent and it's great to see the return of Thrash with some good reformations of some classic bands! I want to see new material from Nuclear Assault, Acid Reign, Re-Animator, and Dark Angel!!! Well I can dream Can't I?
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
17.05.2009 - 14:28
RockeRoy
Hi, i never realy got into testament, but i have decided to give them one more chance, where should i start? best album? and what is their moast progressive album?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
17.05.2009 - 20:56
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by RockeRoy on 17.05.2009 at 14:28

Hi, i never realy got into testament, but i have decided to give them one more chance, where should i start? best album? and what is their moast progressive album?

start from the very first one... it's their best and then you'll see how they developed.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
20.05.2009 - 00:05
WITCHCLAN

I would recommend Souls oF Black and Practice What You Preach but above all I would go for their lastest album The Formation Of Damnation - the production is thick and rich and the song quality is top notch. Chuck's vocals sound better than they ever did before and if this LP is anything to go by then we are in for some future treatss from Testament!!!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
30.05.2009 - 19:03
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Saitenhexerin on 08.05.2009 at 15:03

The formation of damnation really amazed me. For I loved the Legacy (one of the albums that brought me to Thrash Metal way back then xD ) and first I was not sure if i should buy it, but I'm glad I did. though it sounds pretty modern, but I love it^^ Especially the guitar parts were stunning and the drumming is also pretty awesome. I hope I'll see them this summer...

Yes. Mr. Alex Skolnick and Mr. Paul Bostaph did a killer job on this album I'm glad that Paul never left the drums, he is a quite skilled and talented guy

Written by Conemetal on 16.07.2008 at 03:49

Skolnik rules!!!

And his jazz solo project is really good, try to listen to it, even if you don't like jazz, Skolnick is a great guitar player.

You can also try an album called "First Strike Still Deadly", that album is a re-recording of some old songs from their first two albums, same songs, but now with great sound quality.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"