Metal Storm logo
Tsjuder

13.03.2007 - 16:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Tsjuder, hailing from Norway, was formed in 1993 and has since released a number of early demos, EP's and 3 full length albums: Kill For Satan (2000), Demonic Possession (2002), and Desert Northern Hell (2004).

They play Satanic Black Metal and I find them to be pretty good on both Kill For Satan (re-released) and Desert Northern Hell albums. Havent been able to locate Demonic Possession yet but im guessing that it will be simular to the other two which will be good.

Samples can be found on their offical website:
http://www.tsjuder.com

Seems that the band has also just resently disbanded, with Nag (vocals, bass) is now continuing work on another project, Krypt. Might have to check this band out also.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
13.03.2007 - 19:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Mmm I think Tsjuder have nothing new to add for black metal, they're pretty generic raw black... I feel like I don't need their music while I have Mayhem, Watain or the good Marduk albums
14.03.2007 - 03:35
Richard
Elite
Desert Northern Hell is the only Tsjuder album I've got too, but although it doesn't bring anything new to the genre, I think it's pretty good. With various ex-BM bands changing their styles, attentions shifting towards other countries etc., I think it's good that there are still some Norwegian bands that are keeping this style of music alive. A bit like the band Urgehal in that respect - a band which shares the approach of raw BM with thrash elements and a surprisingly clear production. Personally, I prefer the rather nastier and truly raw and brilliant Beastcraft.
----
14.03.2007 - 03:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Have to agree with Richard on this one... if you want to hear the true standar-bearers of norwegian black metal nowadays, listen to Urgehal and Beascraft. Especially Urgehal, they released the best BM album the last year after the superb Wolves In The Throne Room's.
14.03.2007 - 06:41
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
These guys are awesome , raw black metal with aggressive vocals .... Desert northern hell is amazingly brilliant album and my favorite too. Other stuffs are good but not SO impressive. Neat raw BM stuff .... worth checking for Marduk and Kvlt ov Azazel fans.
31.05.2007 - 12:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Well these guys are popular... anyway, saw they have a DVD out, anybody had a view of it?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.06.2007 - 22:40
ASiema113
@XtremeJax:Yea thought of getting it myself but can't find it anywhere and everything they play sounds even better live, especiallyBeyond The Grave. On the DVD they show the main show & couple other places they played. Recommended

As far as Tsjuder not adding something "new" to the genre, they are apart of keeping the sound that BM bands of the 90's introduced to the world. For those who were not around or were too young to experiance what was going on for BM at the time, BMBs such as Tsjuder allow people to witness the BM that has been said to have met its end. So while they might not be reinventing the genre, or merely introducing another technique to the genre they are playing BM that has the original sound in their music & IMO thats enough.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
04.06.2007 - 09:23
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Xtreme Jax on 31.05.2007 at 12:12

Well these guys are popular... anyway, saw they have a DVD out, anybody had a view of it?

Yeah the DVD Tsjuder - Norwegian Apocalypse OWNS !!!! One of the kickass black metal videos , go and grab it , its worth it
05.06.2007 - 11:41
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Two out of two, might pick it up then. Only thing is I only saw it in Melbourne, not here, so have to order it in - Which will cost me more or the already big price tag, though it was in a metal tin case.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.06.2007 - 21:02
Infurnace
I agree that they didn't really bring something new to the genre, but hey, they made some fuckin' brilliant old school Raw Black Metal! It's just brilliant. Just listen to Desert Northern Hell, their masterpiece, and you'll get blown away by the impressive riffing, and the vocals, from this, now disbanded, 3-piece band. Oh, btw, I'll have to get the Norwegian Apocalypse DVD somewhere soon, too! I saw some trailers, and it rocks!
04.10.2008 - 05:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Xtreme Jax on 13.03.2007 at 16:45

Tsjuder, hailing from Norway, was formed in 1993 and has since released a number of early demos, EP's and 3 full length albums: Kill For Satan (2000), Demonic Possession (2002), and Desert Northern Hell (2004).

They play Satanic Black Metal and I find them to be pretty good on both Kill For Satan (re-released) and Desert Northern Hell albums. Havent been able to locate Demonic Possession yet but im guessing that it will be simular to the other two which will be good.

Samples can be found on their offical website:
http://www.tsjuder.com

Seems that the band has also just resently disbanded, with Nag (vocals, bass) is now continuing work on another project, Krypt. Might have to check this band out also.

Demonic Possession is ok but i like Desert Northern Hell far more.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.11.2008 - 11:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Tsjuder needs to get back together already. Anti-Christian needs to be putting his drum powers to good use.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.10.2009 - 21:46
Ur-Drago
It's possible, but doubtful. Nag has stated that the band had too many musical differences within it's ranks. Anti-Christian has released Shadows of Leng and Krypt are still in a contract for at least one more album via Agonia records.

Who knows though...
15.04.2010 - 00:25
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
They were an awesome Black Metal Band I have the Desert Northern Hell Album and its a great Album they have to get back together
21.10.2011 - 03:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

I've listened to this album twice now and I'm more than satisfied with it. I'm surprised nobody else is really talking about it on here. :s
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.10.2011 - 04:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.10.2011 at 03:35
Haven't listened the album yet. But..

To be honest the album itself isn't amazing (neither is the opening track I posted) but then again I've always felt kinda "meh" about these guys.

I mean, it's not bad. All in all I'd say the album gets a 7 from me, but they always seem to be missing something with their music.

Like I said, "more than satisfied" (not much, mind you). I'd prefer to be blown away, or at the very least maybe pleasantly surprised.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.10.2011 - 07:06
Savopipo
Listened a lot to Desert .. some time back and enjoyed it much. Also Krypt are really good in my opinion. Good to hear about the DVD I will check that out.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com