Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - To Play Entire 'The Satanist' Album On Euro Tour

Polish death metallers Behemoth will perform their critically acclaimed album, The Satanist, in its entirety on the band's upcoming European run in early 2016 (January/February). They also plan to bring a brand new exhibition concept, The Congregation, on tour. The exhibition will be dubbed "A Symbiosis Of Behemoth And Toxic Vision" and will showcase collaborative work between Behemoth and Toxic Vision, the artist that Behemoth has been working closely with over the past few years in terms of stage outfits, music videos, stage/photo props and such.

The exhibition is planned to be held in tent, a capsule created to capture an experience on its own and built a solely for this purpose, and was first shown by Toxic Vision at this year's installment of renowned Inferno festival.

Commented band leader Nergal: "We've always pushed ourselves very hard trying to reach the highest picks of artistic creativity. This time around we are not only coming back to perform The Satanist in its entirety, but are also bringing along a collaboration that's unheard of! Toxic Vision, renowned and absolutely brilliant artist and designer from Canada whom we have worked with on several projects in the past (Behemoth stage gear, video clip costumes...) will be accompanying us on this European trek with a unique exhibition called The Congregation! We are beyond excited to see how these synergies coexist! Sharon, it's an honour to welcome you on board!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 10.12.2015 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   Visited by: 131 users
10.12.2015 - 16:33
Deadsoulman

While Paradise Lost will play Gothic in full and Converge will do the entire Jane Doe album at Roadburn, Behemoth chose to base their tour on... The Satanist. Way to go guys.
10.12.2015 - 16:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Deadsoulman on 10.12.2015 at 16:33

While Paradise Lost will play Gothic in full and Converge will do the entire Jane Doe album at Roadburn, Behemoth chose to base their tour on... The Satanist. Way to go guys.

And the annoying thing is that I will have to review Behemoth's live show tomorrow at Eindhoven Metal Meeting.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2015 - 16:52
Deadsoulman

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.12.2015 at 16:42

And the annoying thing is that I will have to review Behemoth's live show tomorrow at Eindhoven Metal Meeting.

Well, at least you get to go to Eindhoven Metal Meeting, you lucky old git.
10.12.2015 - 16:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Deadsoulman on 10.12.2015 at 16:52

Well, at least you get to go to Eindhoven Metal Meeting, you lucky old git.

Almost all expenses paid, as well
Tomorrow is a boring day band wise but Saturday is the tits.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2015 - 17:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
They must be convinced this is like their magnum opus or something.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.12.2015 - 17:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2015 at 17:25

They must be convinced this is like their magnum opus or something.

I think the internet told them it was :/ the internet sucks.
10.12.2015 - 17:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Lucky you Marcel!

I guess it isn't too odd to play an entire current album in one show.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.12.2015 - 17:55
s_t_s

I really love this album and would love see it played in its entirety Seems that most of you out there think that this album sucks... I believe the album isn't so brutal nor dark compared to their older albums, yet it's really awesome ! Only bad thing to me is that it seems that their tour will see 3 other bands and I don't feel like enduring 3 bands only to watch the 4rth one.
10.12.2015 - 18:24
Zap
Written by BitterCOld on 10.12.2015 at 17:36

I guess it isn't too odd to play an entire current album in one show.

Yeah, lots of bands do it. Makes sense when a band is proud of their newest work, I know I would be glad to be able to finally play something else live.
10.12.2015 - 20:27
roeder

Written by s_t_s on 10.12.2015 at 17:55

I really love this album and would love see it played in its entirety Seems that most of you out there think that this album sucks... I believe the album isn't so brutal nor dark compared to their older albums, yet it's really awesome ! Only bad thing to me is that it seems that their tour will see 3 other bands and I don't feel like enduring 3 bands only to watch the 4rth one.

Last time they chose surprisingly good supporting bands. I attended Behemoth's concert in April only because Bölzer and Thaw were their support.
I might attend this one too if they bring quality bands again with them.
10.12.2015 - 22:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Zap on 10.12.2015 at 18:24

Yeah, lots of bands do it. Makes sense when a band is proud of their newest work, I know I would be glad to be able to finally play something else live.

I get it, it represents the current mindset and make-up of the band. no problems, but i prefer it when a band also reaches back into their older material to represent their various stages and make fans of all eras happy.

however, Satamist? as DeadSoulMan remarked to me, it would be as if Metallica devoted an entire gig to doing Reload.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.12.2015 - 22:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Not unless Reload was widely accepted as being a masterpiece, which The Satanist largely is outside the MS bubble (or at least a very significant album). Not surprising in the least they're focussing on that seeing as it put them on the map in a way no other record of theirs has.
10.12.2015 - 22:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Weird. i've grown accustomed to seeing them pretty much own the Terrorizer awards even in years they didn't release albums (this is going back to Apostasy days.) i had pretty much assumed they had maxed out their growth as I could not/cannot see them breaking into more "normal" music worlds like Rolling Stone, Spin, or whatever.
----

10.12.2015 - 22:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If someone would pay me to see this band I would donate this money to MS something and stay at home
If band want play something live what matters how about Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic) or Grom.... (well they can use other grom against churches , ask deadone what is Grom, he is an expert)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.12.2015 - 23:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Probably owe most of their popularity surge to the whole Bible tearing thing and cancer fiasco, but The Satanist seemed to hit every branch of the "hipster" review tree: The Guardian, PopMatters, Pitchfork, The Quietus, (And Spin, yep) etc. so much so they snagged themselves a 92 / 100 average on Metacritic.
10.12.2015 - 23:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The birth of hipster dm fans... Zarquon help us all.
----

10.12.2015 - 23:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'm almost never interested in bands that've been around for a while playing all through their most recent material live.... play through Zos Kia Cultus or Thelema .6 for fuck's sake, not the overrated lackluster album that is The Satanist
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
11.12.2015 - 04:55
Vombatus
Potorro
A symbiosis of Nergal's Ego and Toxic Visions. Talk about overrated pretentious mediocrity.
11.12.2015 - 12:49
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 10.12.2015 at 23:01

Probably owe most of their popularity surge to the whole Bible tearing thing and cancer fiasco, but The Satanist seemed to hit every branch of the "hipster" review tree: The Guardian, PopMatters, Pitchfork, The Quietus, (And Spin, yep) etc. so much so they snagged themselves a 92 / 100 average on Metacritic.

I don't know Behemoth enough surely but seeing you call them followers of the "hipster" fashion hurts me had in the balls. You sure can say so with the latest piece of crap that In Flames dared call an album but here... Anyway my point of view.
11.12.2015 - 12:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 11.12.2015 at 12:49

I don't know Behemoth enough surely but seeing you call them followers of the "hipster" fashion hurts me had in the balls. You sure can say so with the latest piece of crap that In Flames dared call an album but here... Anyway my point of view.

I find whether or not something is hipster is usually defined by its audience, rather than the music (though not true in all cases). I wasn't calling Behemoth hipster, I just commented saying that all the hipstery webzines reviewed The Satanist. Pretty much up to the individual whether or not that makes Behemoth hipster
11.12.2015 - 18:12
Sang Dalang Abu

The Satanist?

Who need this crap? This news for hipster.
11.12.2015 - 18:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 11.12.2015 at 18:12

The Satanist?

Who need this crap?

Well, you missing something.

Behemoth always been a great live performer and has done shows which has stunned many fans.

'The Satanist' might be a breaker and shallow record for Behemoth but they have balls to pull off "crap" in live shows.
12.12.2015 - 08:48
Svneatr
Vitharr
Love the Satanist album, but hearing it all live... meh.
16.12.2015 - 13:23
toxx
Supreme being
Out of all their material, they had to go with The Satanist.... Great.. A good live band for sure, but can they really pull off a great show when they limit themselves to playing what is in my opinion a highly overrated album? I've seen them play three times since 2008, and the gig in 08 was by far the best one. Aggressive as fuck. The last one I saw was this year, and the material they played from The Satanist came across ass a bit boring. I have no reason to believe that playing the whole damn thing will be worth the effort.
17.12.2015 - 19:09
J. N.
Account deleted
Would've preferred a setlist mixing songs from Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic), Grom and Pandemonic Incantations together.
31.01.2016 - 18:43
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Bad English on 10.12.2015 at 22:58

If someone would pay me to see this band I would donate this money to MS something and stay at home

Better donate to me to improfe my english.
31.01.2016 - 18:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.12.2015 at 19:09

Would've preferred a setlist mixing songs from Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic), Grom and Pandemonic Incantations together.

I agree those are real Behe but like I said Nargil is personality, hates in Polska specially by holy dudes, but same time he as personality is strong but music is awful
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2720 | This month: 4