06. Always Burning
07. Hell Follows
08. The Howling Pyriphlegethon Below
09. The Silver Domain

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
N/A
Maurice de Jong has always been quite the prolific composer, but there can be no denying that he's been particularly hyperactive this year. After a Seirom EP, releases from his new It Only Gets Worse and Pyriphlegethon projects, new Gnaw Their Tongues and Cloak Of Altering full lengths, and even a collab with the vile Dragged Into Sunlight, it's time for this active madman to give us one final installment in the soundtrack to our 2015 nightmares. Turn that night light on, kiddies: new Aderlating has arrived.

Read more ››
published 15.12.2015 | Comments (4)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 98 users
10.12.2015 - 22:20
Rating: 8
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It's available for pre-order and we can listen to the second track!

It's very interesting... It's different from what I expected but it's definitely the dark ambient that can be found in previous albums but with much clearer instrumentation and the choirs in the background are pretty dope. Definitely looking forward to hear the rest.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.12.2015 - 00:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Glad to see Mories nailed one of his records this year. Maybe not 100% coherent but I don't think it matters when it's so good overall. I like how it starts out almost like something from the Forbidden Planet soundtrack, then just descends into death industrial terror.

Think this might be my new favourite Mories track. Sounds almost like something from a Bloodborne boss:

(don't know if that track will play, I'm having trouble with these playlisted tracks that don't have the band name in the title. At any rate it's this track.)

The title track is also obscenely creepy and a fantastic example of sound manipulation.
13.12.2015 - 04:10
Rating: 9
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 13.12.2015 at 00:34

Glad to see Mories nailed one of his records this year.

"One"? I'd say that really the only Mories output this year that has been slightly disappointing was the new Gnaw Their Tongues album. Other than that the Seirom EP, It Only Gets Worse, the collab with Dragged Into Sunlight, and the new Cloak Of Altering have all been pretty spot on if you ask me
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.12.2015 - 04:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.12.2015 at 04:10

"One"? I'd say that really the only Mories output this year that has been slightly disappointing was the new Gnaw Their Tongues album. Other than that the Seirom EP, It Only Gets Worse, the collab with Dragged Into Sunlight, and the new Cloak Of Altering have all been pretty spot on if you ask me

Wasn't really counting the collab as it's not solely his work. GTT was a let down, CoA was decent, but decent only so he didn't "nail" it exactly. I don't see any reason why I would come back to it over any of the other records. The Pyriphlegethon record was also decent, but not spectacular. Haven't heard the Seirom EP as yet. I would say this year has shown more than any other that he's not infallible.
13.12.2015 - 09:33
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.12.2015 at 04:10

Other than that the Seirom EP, It Only Gets Worse, the collab with Dragged Into Sunlight, and the new Cloak Of Altering have all been pretty spot on if you ask me

You missed the "Black Mouth of Spite" EP that was brilliant as well.
13.12.2015 - 10:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 13.12.2015 at 04:17

Wasn't really counting the collab as it's not solely his work. GTT was a let down, CoA was decent, but decent only so he didn't "nail" it exactly. I don't see any reason why I would come back to it over any of the other records. The Pyriphlegethon record was also decent, but not spectacular. Haven't heard the Seirom EP as yet. I would say this year has shown more than any other that he's not infallible.

Fair enough. I really think it's between this and the DIS collab then for best Mories-related work this year, although I also think I enjoyed the new COA a lot more than most.

EDIT: Technically this isn't "solely his work" either.... Eric Eijspaart, remember?
Although I suppose we'll never really have any way of knowing who exerted more of an influence over the composition here. I would say Mories, but I wouldn't be too surprised if I was wrong
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.12.2015 - 11:32
Zap
This and the new COA (which I also seem to enjoy more than most) for me. Can't decide yet between the two, but time and more spins will tell.
13.12.2015 - 18:39
Rating: 7
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Great album, but the GTT/DIS collab is still Mories best of the year. Definitely prefer this to the new COA however
13.12.2015 - 22:52
Lit.
Account deleted
At least Mories released something good on his own this year.
15.12.2015 - 00:57
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 13.12.2015 at 18:39

Great album, but the GTT/DIS collab is still Mories best of the year

This and that are definitely the two best, but ultimately I'll side with Aderlating because I personally prefer the more atmospheric and hypnotizing aspects of Mories's music to the more brutal and pummeling ones. Feel totally fine with throwing a 9 out to this album because unlike the new GTT one, here he went for something different and actually nailed it, 100%. I was seriously not expecting this album to be as good as it turned out to be
----

~ II. VII
15.12.2015 - 11:24
Joe Zombie

Top-tier dark ambient for sure. Not sure about his best this year though. I quite like the DIS collab. Tough call.
18.09.2016 - 14:21
mz

Don't know why it took me so long to check this. It is indeed great, and totally different from what I was expecting from aderlating. Sounds more like a si-fi nightmare than ritualistic burial soundtrack.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.12.2017 - 07:00
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Paid this a revisit tonight and it could very well be my favorite from Mories under the Aderlating moniker. The spacey, synth driven vibe is just mindfuckingly delicious. Kinda hope he continues in this vein while I also don't... not only does he not usually do anything over again but then this album would lose the special, distinct place it now has in the discog
----

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2895 | This month: 14