Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Unveil First Details Of 'Master Of Puppets' Book

While they continue to work on a new album, Metallica have collaborated with an award winning author named Matt Taylor on a book about the making of the band's classic 1986 album Master Of Puppets and the subsequent tour that followed its release. Fans shared photos, videos and stories with the band so that all pieces fit together. The cover of Metallica: Back To The Front, which is due in the fall of 2016, can be seen below for now. The book will be released as part of the 30th anniversary celebration of Master Of Puppets.

Said the band: "We're pretty sure it will be worth the wait as the book is chock full of exclusive intensive interviews with all of us as we spent countless hours with Matt digging deep in our memory banks for stories, anecdotes, tidbits and tales from the studio, the road and beyond. Matt spoke to all the major players at that time in our history, including those who were with us during the making of the record, including producer Flemming Rasmussen and the man who mixed it, Michael Wagener. He tracked down the entire Master Of Puppets road crew, including John Marshall and members of the bands who toured with us, Anthrax and Armored Saint. Our booking agent, tour promoters and managers Cliff Burnstein and Peter Mensch all were overly generous with their time and recollections. Faith No More guitarist Jim Martin and drummer Mike Bordin and Diamond Head's Brian Tatler spoke with Matt about their memories of those crazy times and, of course, you, the fans who were at those shows gave us an amazing view of your memories and experiences. Finally, we're honored that Cliff Burton's dad Ray sat down for an extensive interview.

"We all hit the storage lockers, attics and basements to fill the book with hundreds of never-before-seen images pulled from our personal archives and have been involved every step of the way to bring you the complete story. No stone was left un-turned as we gear up to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the album's release. Keep watching here as we'll be back from time to time with more sneak peeks of pages from the book and of course details on the release."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 11.12.2015 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 149 users
11.12.2015 - 15:37
Daniell
_爱情_
Movie, book, Lulu. What next? Breath mints? Condoms? I have some catchy phrases for you guys:

Motorbreath Mints, nothing else matters!
Blitzkrieg Condoms, will make your woman come in no time!

Expand, earn more. Who cares about new music!
11.12.2015 - 15:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^Lulu was new music...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
11.12.2015 - 16:44
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Karlabos on 11.12.2015 at 15:52

^Lulu was new music...

But not their music.
11.12.2015 - 18:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Opeth have beer now also but so many bands have wine and beer. No-one makes juice?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.12.2015 - 19:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Releasing a book on 30th anniversary will be a great launchpad to new album as well.
12.12.2015 - 00:58
OtherDoor

Written by BloodTears on 11.12.2015 at 18:37

Opeth have beer now also but so many bands have wine and beer. No-one makes juice?

50 cent water. Close enough.
15.12.2015 - 02:57
RolandsSh

Written by Daniell on 11.12.2015 at 15:37

Movie, book, Lulu. What next? Breath mints? Condoms? I have some catchy phrases for you guys:

Motorbreath Mints, nothing else matters!
Blitzkrieg Condoms, will make your woman come in no time!

Expand, earn more. Who cares about new music!

Well, Some Kind Of Monster was a documentary with a great insight how band operates. As a fan I appreciated it quite a lot. Through The Never was basically a live dvd on roids you could watch in cinema. I fucking loved it!

I like the idea of book, though I'm afraid that it could be biased a lot. The Joel McIver book was quite a good read and I recommend it for everyone. LuLu was a collaboration that I think got much more shit than it deserved. It's not great, not even close, but it had 2 decent songs (The View and Dragon).

Hits total: 2203 | This month: 4