Metal Storm logo
Benighted - Drummer Reveals He Is Creature From Abbath, Leaving Both Bands

You thought Baard Koldstadt was Abbath's drummer under the name of Creature? Well he was not. Kevin Foley, Benighted's drummer, has just revealed he was the mighty Creature. He has been working with Abbath on their tour this year, and also performed on Abbath's new album. He was because he is now leaving Abbath for personal reasons. Surprisingly, he is also leaving Benighted after ten years, but will be touring with them for the last time on January/February.

Here is Kevin Foley's announcement: "As a few of you might already know, I've been busy this year playing with the Norwegian band Abbath as a mysterious character called 'Creature' (Sorry to disappoint you if you thought it was the amazing Baard Koldstad. For some personal reasons, I've decided to leave the band. Still, it's been a great experience and an honour to play all the band's shows so far and record the upcoming album in Sweden with Daniel Bergstrand. I'm really happy with the result. I love the songs, the sound and I'm proud of my drumming on this one. Thanks to everyone who has been involved in this project!

"As for the near future, I will be touring for the last time ever with my brothers from Benighted in January and February, opening for The Black Dahlia Murder all over Europe. It will be the best way possible to close a 10 amazing years long chapter of my life. These guys are my absolute best friends and I have no doubt that we'll have a lot of fun on this tour! After that, it will be time for me to move on, look for new projects and do my best to keep making a living out of music. I'm looking forward to 2016!
"

Courtesy of the band

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Benighted
Posted: 11.12.2015 by tibosax

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 116 users
11.12.2015 - 17:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Whatever the secret was hidden, it came out in a weird way.

Anyhow, he's a great great drummer. His contribution will be missed.
12.12.2015 - 02:32
Reaper_Redeemer

We should know that this beast was the creature

Hits total: 2939 | This month: 4