Metal Storm logo
Ihsahn - Share New Single, New Album Details

Major news coming in for Ihsahn fans. Not only did the group reveal all about their new album today as they shared a brand new tune as well! Firstly, Ihsahn's sixth solo album is called Arktis, and drops on March 4th on Candlelight Records. The first single "Mass Darkness" dropped today and you can consume it below while you take a look at the album cover. It features vocals from Trivium's Matt Heafy as well. Are you pleased with what you hear so far?

"For this new album, I wanted to focus on strong rhythmic and melodic motives within the framework of relatively basic song structures," Ihsahn says. "Though I've aimed to make each track have a strong individual identity, 'Mass Darkness' represents much of the album's attitude, including a big sing-along chorus strengthened by Matt Heafy!"

Tracklist:
01. Disassembled
02. Mass Darkness
03. My Heart Is Of The North
04. South Winds
05. In The Vaul
06. Until I Too Dissolve
07. Pressure
08. Frail
09. Crooked Red Line
10. Celestial Violence

The record also features guest appearances from Einar Solberg (Leprous), Jorgen Munkeby (Shining (NOR)), Tobias Ornes Andersen (Shining (NOR)), ex-Leprous), and renowned Norwegian author Hans Herbjornsrud. Graphic elements for Arktis once again have been provided by award-winning Spanish designer Ritxi Ostariz.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ihsahn
Posted: 18.12.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 195 users
18.12.2015 - 20:57
Dave FC

Good news everyone!

Wow, wow, wow, I almost cried listening to the song!
Tobias is one of the best drummers i've ever seen live... (with Ihsanh, exactly) And i've seen a lot. Just freaking awesome.

Also i like this cover art too. Ritxy, being basque as i am, gets two extra points for this work haha. Just kidding
18.12.2015 - 21:07
visiblenoise

So excited!

More traditional elements than usual here, but Ihsahn always puts an interesting spin on things.
19.12.2015 - 00:33
Joe Zombie

Well that was very good.
19.12.2015 - 00:58
Dinruth

Cover reminds of the latest Kauan album..
19.12.2015 - 03:17
JayMo4

Quite a shift in style from the avant garde on Das Seelenbrechen. Got to admire an artist that is constantly reinventing himself. I look forward to hearing the whole thing.
19.12.2015 - 09:43
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I thought he was going to go further down the avant-garde path. I have to admit, I'm relieved to hear that's not the case
19.12.2015 - 11:33
koob

It was surprisingly good
19.12.2015 - 12:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Not bad, curious about the rest
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.12.2015 - 14:40
Panterica

Haven't heard new Ihsahn for a while and this seem promising.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
01.01.2016 - 00:53
Atrus

Awesome track!! Can't wait, Ihsahn is allways enjoying! ^^
21.01.2016 - 19:38
Sammol

I kinda learned to like his avant garde stuff. I hope it will be a good mix of both heavy and experimental side.

Hits total: 2842 | This month: 7