Metal Storm logo
Scott Weiland - Overdosed On Cocaine, Alcohol And Ecstasy

Former Velvet Revolver and Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland was found dead recently on his tour bus and now the official cause of death has finally been revealed. The toxicology reports have shown Scott Weiland died from an overdose of several drugs and alcohol ? and his history of addiction also played a role.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner in Minneapolis, near where the former singer died, says the results show Scott overdosed on cocaine, MDA (ecstasy) and alcohol. The report also indicates heart disease and asthma were "significant" conditions. The test results also revealed Scott's "multi-substance dependence" was a factor.

Weiland died after going into cardiac arrest on his tour bus on December 3rd in Minnesota at the age of 48.

Police had also found drugs used to treat bipolar disorder, Xanax and sleeping pills on the tour bus, but none of those contributed to Weiland's death according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner. The bassist for the band, Tommy Black, 47, was later arrested on felony drug charges.

Source: dailymail.co.uk
Band profile: Velvet Revolver
Posted: 19.12.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 138 users
19.12.2015 - 12:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Well, now this confirms why his family was saying not to glorify his death. Figured this was why.

I only feel sorry for his kids having to grow up without their father, and for them having to live with the humiliation that daddy was a junky and that the whole world knows it.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.12.2015 - 18:38
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by psykometal on 19.12.2015 at 12:44

Well, now this confirms why his family was saying not to glorify his death. Figured this was why.

I only feel sorry for his kids having to grow up without their father, and for them having to live with the humiliation that daddy was a junky and that the whole world knows it.

From what I know, his wife divorced him and took away his kids as well because of his neverending misadventures with drugs. But something even more peculiar is that even his wife had taken drugs in the past. Don't know if she still does now. Anyway, I pretty much anticipated this even without these guys saying it. When they found drugs in his van, the cause became clear.
20.12.2015 - 03:21
Deathmaster

Another junkie dies. What a tragedy.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
20.12.2015 - 07:41
YourRequiem

Drugs are bad m'kay?
20.12.2015 - 13:59
Timelord

Why should they be humiliated? Your the one that should be humiliated for such a moronic comment and that you can't spell or know the definition of junkie. You clearly have no clue how average everyday people can get sucked into big pharma's web while never the wiser. Typical
20.12.2015 - 16:01
Ankläger

Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-c-c-c-c-cocaine!
20.12.2015 - 20:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Timelord on 20.12.2015 at 13:59

Why should they be humiliated? Your the one that should be humiliated for such a moronic comment and that you can't spell or know the definition of junkie. You clearly have no clue how average everyday people can get sucked into big pharma's web while never the wiser. Typical

Well, if my father was an internationally renowned rock star, known and "loved" by millions upon millions of people everywhere in the world, and he was telling the world he was clean and sober, and then up and died on his tour bus of a massive drug OD, and it was made a major news announcement, available to the entirety of the world to read and know, I'd feel pretty fucking humiliated. Maybe they're not. Maybe they are. But I was expressing my sorrow at their potential plight, regardless.

And thanks for pointing out the auto-correct I missed that my phone made on the word *junkie. Kind of funny you bitching at me about a spelling thing when you yourself appear to be having a grammar issue of your own - *You're the one. You really should learn that you can't make a snap judgement on a complete stranger, and their life experiences, over a single spelling issue; and you're calling me moronic.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think he was a worthless, selfish junkie liar, and I have no pity for such people. But if you want to pity him because he was too weak to kick his drug and alcohol addictions, and don't mind that he lied to the world about it, "then that's, like, your opinion, man."

Get over yourself, dude.
----

20.12.2015 - 21:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"Junky" is an acceptable variation of "junkie" anyway: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/junky

That's really the important thing to take away from this.
20.12.2015 - 21:55
psykometal
A staff guy...
Trollolololol!
----

21.12.2015 - 01:50
Ilham
Giant robot
Was there ever a thread on MS in which drugs were mentioned that didn't go from 0 to sour in 2 nanoseconds?
21.12.2015 - 02:45
bitethepain

His family and kids can be proud, despite his faults, that he wrote and created awesome songs that are enjoyed by millions. His songs will live on for a very long time.
21.12.2015 - 18:52
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 21.12.2015 at 01:50

Was there ever a thread on MS in which drugs were mentioned that didn't go from 0 to sour in 2 nanoseconds?

Blame the idiots trying to be funny/smart/sarcastic/cool/whatever. I'm still burning about the Wayne Static thread myself.
22.12.2015 - 01:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Why am I not surprised?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.12.2015 - 03:12
dcoolbaugh

Dude, get off yourself like you know anything about what Scott was going thru. Stop trying to blame "BIG PHARMA" on other people's bad decisions and realize the fact that the man was most likely a drug addict dead beat dad loser. Stop trying to give him a pass. Everyday Scott woke up from his big boy bed, put his big boy pants on, and brushed his big boy teeth. Not "BIG PHARMA". Real men take responsibility for there own actions loser.
22.12.2015 - 08:12
First off, just to clarify, MDA is not ecstasy...

You guys are really bumming me out. The only kind of people who'd make his family feel "humiliated" for what happened are people like you with such a narrow worldview that, of course you'd never be sympathetic towards anyone who struggles with addiction. Maybe if these people received compassion and understanding instead of judgment and condemnation they'd be more able to overcome their struggles. It's a shame Scott lost his battle.

I expected more from my fellow metalheads.
25.12.2015 - 23:40
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by JasonWhiskeyBarla on 22.12.2015 at 08:12

First off, just to clarify, MDA is not ecstasy...

You guys are really bumming me out. The only kind of people who'd make his family feel "humiliated" for what happened are people like you with such a narrow worldview that, of course you'd never be sympathetic towards anyone who struggles with addiction. Maybe if these people received compassion and understanding instead of judgment and condemnation they'd be more able to overcome their struggles. It's a shame Scott lost his battle.

I expected more from my fellow metalheads.

I think they meant MDMA.

I agree. Didn't realize how hateful some of the regular MSer's were on here, I'm a little taken aback to be honest. Sure, he fucked up but addiction is also a mental disorder, not simply a lifestyle choice.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.12.2015 - 03:19
venusandmars

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 19.12.2015 at 18:38

From what I know, his wife divorced him and took away his kids as well because of his neverending misadventures with drugs. But something even more peculiar is that even his wife had taken drugs in the past. Don't know if she still does now. Anyway, I pretty much anticipated this even without these guys saying it. When they found drugs in his van, the cause became clear.

People on here calling Scott a junkie and putting him down. Addiction is a disease that lots of people fight with their whole lives. People say drugs come first over other things for addicts but it's a constant fight. Day by day. If you are not an addict, you don't understand the guilt and self loathing and depression that you can go through. I'm pretty sure Scott didn't wake up every day and say " I'm gonna screw up my whole life and do drugs again today ".
26.12.2015 - 11:07
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by venusandmars on 26.12.2015 at 03:19

People on here calling Scott a junkie and putting him down. Addiction is a disease that lots of people fight with their whole lives. People say drugs come first over other things for addicts but it's a constant fight. Day by day. If you are not an addict, you don't understand the guilt and self loathing and depression that you can go through. I'm pretty sure Scott didn't wake up every day and say " I'm gonna screw up my whole life and do drugs again today ".

I know, but he has no excuse. When you have a wife, a kid, in other words, when you have a family, and still the drug is your first priority, then I think all the judgment he received is legit. For cig smokers, cigs come first, for alchoholics, alcohol comes first, for internet nerds, internet comes first and the list can go on. We all have an addiction that we are aware of it, or not. I'm sure he didn't say that, but he surely did that. He achieved this not by saying it, but by doing it. Facts have more value than words. I think you should stop making excuses for him. People that foolishly, stupidly waste their lives and leave other people affected by their actions are selfish people, in other words, people that do not deserve excuses. All of us can change, if we want to, especially if we make an effort to change. But I think Scott didn't make that effort. Lots of people escaped from drug addiction, no matter how hard it was, so the excuse that it is a constant fight is not enough. Live in general is a cycle of constant fights for various things that need to be done in order for us to live on.
26.12.2015 - 11:10
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by JasonWhiskeyBarla on 22.12.2015 at 08:12

It's a shame Scott lost his battle.

Did he even battle it in the first place? And not through press where he said that he had been off drugs for 13 friggin' years?
29.12.2015 - 20:26
Timelord

Written by dcoolbaugh on 22.12.2015 at 03:12

Dude, get off yourself like you know anything about what Scott was going thru. Stop trying to blame "BIG PHARMA" on other people's bad decisions and realize the fact that the man was most likely a drug addict dead beat dad loser. Stop trying to give him a pass. Everyday Scott woke up from his big boy bed, put his big boy pants on, and brushed his big boy teeth. Not "BIG PHARMA". Real men take responsibility for there own actions loser.

Really? I am not the one that needs to "get off myself" Re-read your words (if you can). You don't know dick( or do you? Let's take a look at how stupid, you are in just a single sentence shall we Einstein.
30.12.2015 - 00:12
Timelord

Really? Well Einstein we ask for your holy guidance and knowledge.
This one sentence proves just how stupid you are:

"realize the FACT that the man was MOST LIKELY a drug addict dead beat dad loser" or dentist"

So it is YOU that needs to realize the FACT (with the display of a very low IQ it is MOST LIKELY an effort in futility) you have not one clue and your only argument is to attack me. Your self righteous passing of judgement along with the inability to not contradict yourself in the same sentence is sad at best, Resorting to ad hominem, special pleading and presuming what others may or may not know is very a very predictable response. So I am guessing your are one of those "real men" ? Do you not see just how childish you are. You didn't respond to the topic at hand. All you managed to come up with is name calling and I am the "loser". Get a "real" education "loser."
30.12.2015 - 00:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Pretty sure you're the only one ad hom-ing anyone here. He called you a loser at the end of his post (after you went after his spelling; a highbrow move there), that's pretty much it from what I can see. You even came back for a second reply to the same post and half of what you say is you calling him names / berating his intelligence / going after his grammar / spelling, and so on, so he's doing better than you are, regardless of whether or not I agree with him.
30.12.2015 - 00:43
Timelord

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.12.2015 at 11:07

Written by venusandmars on 26.12.2015 at 03:19

I know, but he has no excuse. When you have a wife, a kid, in other words, when you have a family, and still the drug is your first priority, then I think all the judgment he received is legit. For cig smokers, cigs come first, for alchoholics, alcohol comes first, for internet nerds, internet comes first and the list can go on. We all have an addiction that we are aware of it, or not. I'm sure he didn't say that, but he surely did that. He achieved this not by saying it, but by doing it. Facts have more value than words. I think you should stop making excuses for him. People that foolishly, stupidly waste their lives and leave other people affected by their actions are selfish people, in other words, people that do not deserve excuses. All of us can change, if we want to, especially if we make an effort to change. But I think Scott didn't make that effort. Lots of people escaped from drug addiction, no matter how hard it was, so the excuse that it is a constant fight is not enough. Live in general is a cycle of constant fights for various things that need to be done in order for us to live on.

This is where people that have not been in this type of situation lose their comprehension of just how powerful and the total enslavement of addiction/dependency. Your brain has been perma rewired with no going back. Your brain can no longer produce the chemicals you need on its own in the "pleasure center" of the brain. It has been replaced by something that empties those reserves all at once. So if you used to enjoy say riding bikes your brain would release the chemicals in small amounts activating the "pleasure center". Once the rewiring has been completed you no longer will get any pleasure from those activities. The only way to activate it is using the drug that floods those receptors. When it wears off then a major crash kicks in starting the cycle all over again. I spent close to 30yrs on the wrong side of a needle. So yeah I KNOW what Scott was going through up to a certain point because it is the same for everybody. Look at it this way; if you were on the brink of starvation and somebody set down their burger right in front of you saying watch this for me be right back. What do you think would be on your mind? I am gonna eat that fucking burger consequences be damned. That is how it is 24/7! It NEVER lets up
and drives you crazy but yet you still keep feeding it. Sorry for getting off of music and into how Scott was a "deadbeat junkie"
30.12.2015 - 01:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Tream your fucking quotes, dammit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.12.2015 - 02:58
dcoolbaugh

Written by Timelord on 29.12.2015 at 20:26

Really? I am not the one that needs to "get off myself" Re-read your words (if you can). You don't know dick( or do you? Let's take a look at how stupid, you are in just a single sentence shall we Einstein.

I sure as fuck can't read the sentence you wrote. That's the only thing you've done in this thread the whole time is critique grammar. Go teach a fuckin english class kid.
30.12.2015 - 12:39
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Timelord on 30.12.2015 at 00:43

This is where people that have not been in this type of situation lose their comprehension of just how powerful and the total enslavement of addiction/dependency. Your brain has been perma rewired with no going back. Your brain can no longer produce the chemicals you need on its own in the "pleasure center" of the brain. It has been replaced by something that empties those reserves all at once. So if you used to enjoy say riding bikes your brain would release the chemicals in small amounts activating the "pleasure center". Once the rewiring has been completed you no longer will get any pleasure from those activities. The only way to activate it is using the drug that floods those receptors. When it wears off then a major crash kicks in starting the cycle all over again. I spent close to 30yrs on the wrong side of a needle. So yeah I KNOW what Scott was going through up to a certain point because it is the same for everybody. Look at it this way; if you were on the brink of starvation and somebody set down their burger right in front of you saying watch this for me be right back. What do you think would be on your mind? I am gonna eat that fucking burger consequences be damned. That is how it is 24/7! It NEVER lets up
and drives you crazy but yet you still keep feeding it. Sorry for getting off of music and into how Scott was a "deadbeat junkie"

So, in other words, you claim that drug consumption is a point of no return? How the hell there are people who actually got rid of it and now are fine? Even among rock and metal musicians, you have plenty of figures that were junkies for decades and they still got over it. Starvation is also not the same with drug consumption. You eat because otherwise, you risk dying. But drug consumption is not needed for you to survive. I have not been a junkie, but I was a heavy smoker (almost 2 packets per day I used to smoke) and all it took for me to give them up was will power. No help at all. Sure, it was hard for like 1 year because I could not stand the smell and I always got that urge to hold a cig, but I desperately tried to be occupied and make myself busy with other things to distract my brain. I think that all this drug consumption and all addictions are psychological. In other words, seek help if you really can't do it on your own. From my point of view, Scott never really cared for the ones who were close to him, because if he did, he would've made an effort to tackle his addiction. And when I say effort, I say to channel all your will power and resources to tackle it. I doubt he even tried to get rid of his addiction, he oftenly lied about being off drugs for years. He lied to his fans, family and in the end to himself as well. And don't tell me how impossible it is. Other people could. Ozzy was a drug addict for more than 20 years. Lemmy, may his sould rest in peace, was a junkie as well. Dave Mustaine too, and a heavy one in the 80s and 90s. I can give even more examples. Mick Mars from Motley Crue got rid of his long time addiction by not going into rehab. Just sheer will power. So the thing is, you can do it. And excluding all the help you could get it, as long as you want to do it, it is possible. If you view it as impossible, you will never be able to.

Hits total: 2972 | This month: 3