Metal Storm logo
Emmure - All Members Quit Except Vocalist

A mass exodus has happened in U.S. metal band Emmure. All but vocalist and original member Frankie Palmeri have left the group; that includes guitarists Mike Mulholland and Jesse Ketive, drummer Adam Pierce and bassist Mark Davis. The band has been around since 2003 and their latest album was called Eternal Enemies (2014). The four departing members will resurface in a new project next year. The last man standing, Frankie Palmeri, has yet to address the collective exit.

Here is Mark Davis' statement to Lambgoat: "As some of you may or may not have heard, Jesse, Mikael, Adam, and myself are no longer in Emmure. We have decided collectively to pursue other endeavors. We would like to thank the Emmure fans for all the support and love over the years, and to everyone who has help the band on its way, you are all greatly appreciated. Be on the lookout for a new project from the four of us in 2016."

Davis also said: "The four of us made the decision to leave the band pretty much immediately after finishing our set on September 9 in Russia. It was our first string of shows back (Ghostfest in Leeds, and two headlining shows in Russia) since taking most of spring and all of summer off to allow Frankie's vocal cords to heal, which he injured during the Stronger Than Faith Tour. We all expected to come back to a refreshed, productive and positive work environment, but that was not the case. We had no plans to 'dismantle' prior to actually doing it. We did, however, have plans for a new album and new label. After Russia, we were supposed to go to Japan for shows, and then come back home and get to work. Since then, we've just been waiting for the announcement to happen so that we can move on with our lives and our careers in music."

He continued: "[We] are currently working on material for an un-named/un-fronted project. It is in the early stages but progressing quickly, and we will be ready to find a singer to fit the sound of the band soon. And as far as the sound goes, it's still going to be us playing our instruments the way that we love to, but in a new, refreshed environment. The most important thing I have to say about all this is that there is no time or room for negativity in life. If someone is bringing you down or holding you back from your full potential, it's time to cut them out, no matter how much you may love them."

Source: altpress.com
Band profile: Emmure
Posted: 23.12.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 62 users
23.12.2015 - 14:25
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Hopefully he'll find other musicians and start going in a new sound. Maybe symphonic death metal. Maybe k-pop.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
23.12.2015 - 15:53
Gothmog_Motsham

Never heard of this band so I went into their profile and...Woah. Maybe they're better off inactive.
23.12.2015 - 23:48
YourRequiem

Talk about a christmas miracle.
24.12.2015 - 02:11
Overrwatcher

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 23.12.2015 at 15:53

Never heard of this band so I went into their profile and...Woah. Maybe they're better off inactive.

What scares me is that some people unironically like Emmure and defend them to the death. I thought Emmure knew they were bad so they were taking the piss on themselves (like Attila), but apparently they're 100% serious.

They do absolutely nothing good. 000000 core is done by so many other bands I can't list, and the band in general feels like a cheap Attila knockoff except without any of the fun, originality, or joking around. And when Attila of all bands are unironically better than your band it's time to rethink your music career.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
24.12.2015 - 13:48
psykometal
A staff guy...
So, basically, the vocalist came back a cunt, and they all said "fuck it" and bounced. Why can't bands be more forward about this kind of shit.

Oh well, they're a shit band anyway. Saddest fact of all this is, based on what the dude said, it appears there might now is gonna be TWO Emmures out there - Emmure, and Emmure 2.0
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

24.12.2015 - 14:25
Uldreth

Written by psykometal on 24.12.2015 at 13:48

So, basically, the vocalist came back a cunt, and they all said "fuck it" and bounced. Why can't bands be more forward about this kind of shit.

Oh well, they're a shit band anyway. Saddest fact of all this is, based on what the dude said, it appears there might now is gonna be TWO Emmures out there - Emmure, and Emmure 2.0

Well, to be fair, I always got the impression that the band members are actually relatively talented (this goes for Frankie as well, he can do pretty good vocals when he wants to), they just apparantly decided they like binary so much they import it to their music. Which is something I'm sure was mostly instigated by Frankie, so maybe the rest of the guys will get out of their asses and do something better. Not genius better, but some ok mainstream xcorex music.

I am lol-ing so heavily about this piece of news though .

Hits total: 1827 | This month: 6