Metal Storm logo
Deeds Of Flesh - Part Ways With Vocalist/Bassist

Deeds Of Flesh' vocalist/bassist and 1993 founding member Jacoby Kingston has announced his retirement from the band and will be replaced by Erlend Caspersen [known from Blood Red Throne] from Norway.

Jacoby Kingston's official statement goes as follows:

"To begin, I want to express my gratitude to all of the Deeds Of Flesh fans and friends out there who have supported me throughout my 14 year tenure as Bassist/Vocalist for the band. It makes me sad to know that I won't see a lot of you whom I have come to know so well. As for myself, I can no longer live the life of a traveling musician; therefore, I am giving up my position in the band to someone who can put 100% into it and keep the music going strong. I will continue to support the band and help out in any way I can. I still love Death Metal and all things dark and that will not change. This was a hard dicision, but it is for the betterment of Deeds. It would not be fair to my band mates to not put full effort into the music.

Erland will do a kick ass job in my place. Many of you have seen him play with Vile on the European and U.S. tours in 2006. The guy is a freakin machine. He will play on the new album and will tour with the band. He is a great guy and I am glad someone like him will replace me."

Source: deedsofflesh.net
Band profile: Deeds Of Flesh
Posted: 14.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 6 users
14.03.2007 - 18:28
Herzebeth

this seriously fucking sucks!!!

----
15.03.2007 - 00:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is the worst fucking news I've heard in a while. But after thinking about it, it shouldn't affect them too bad. After all, he's just a bassist and that spot is easy to fill. Plus, Erik Lindmark can handle the vocal duties by himself without a problem. It's just sad to see a founding member leave.
15.03.2007 - 02:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
What?! Gah, thought it was great news to hear them releasing another album, and now this bad news!!

Atleast we know Erlend can handle vocal duties, bad it wont be the same DoF like the other releases. Still, kind of dissappointing to see him leave.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.03.2007 - 03:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Xtreme Jax on 15.03.2007 at 02:39

At least we know Erlend can handle vocal duties, bad it wont be the same DoF like the other releases. Still, kind of dissappointing to see him leave.

No man, Erlend probably won't do any of the vocals. I'm almost positve it will be Erik doing them, since he practically does them half of the time already.
15.03.2007 - 04:19
Opium
Account deleted
This is bad news, I sure hope they continue to release their next album, seeing as I really want to hear it
15.03.2007 - 05:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Dangerboner on 15.03.2007 at 03:30

Written by Xtreme Jax on 15.03.2007 at 02:39

At least we know Erlend can handle vocal duties, bad it wont be the same DoF like the other releases. Still, kind of dissappointing to see him leave.

No man, Erlend probably won't do any of the vocals. I'm almost positve it will be Erik doing them, since he practically does them half of the time already.

Really think so? Well, the situation doesnt seem as bad then. Still dissappointing..
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.03.2007 - 06:13
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Well, its sad to see a founding member departure but im sure it wont affect the band much, and Erland, will be a great job replacing him. So im not really worried about the future.
15.03.2007 - 15:01
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
What? Jacoby out? what sad news for Death Metal world...
Just hope Erlend will make a good work for the future...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Hits total: 2704 | This month: 7