Metal Storm logo
Haken - New Album Update

On their year recap message, Haken have revealed that their new album's recordings are done. Back in April 2015, the proggers announced that they were writing new material for a new album. Now the recordings are complete and the mixing started in December. The new album and follow-up to The Mountain is expected to be released this year so keep your eyes peeled for more details.

Haken's message: "Happy New Year, everyone! 2016 is apparently gonna be the year of the fire-breathing armoured Cerberus surrounded by green snakes! Looking forward to that...

"Thanks to everyone who made 2015 such an epic year for Haken. We played more shows than ever, including our first ever North American tour with the does-what-it-says-on-the-tin Next To None and a little helping of the legendary Spock's Beard. We played some crazy festivals including the outrageous Hellfest Open Air Festival and even got to have our faces blown to bits by Meshuggah in Barcelona! Not to mention a cheeky little support slot for Devin Townsend and Dream Theater. Yes, that actually happened! Our first ever tour of Scandinavia saw us opening for Neal Morse and his band full of total gents! We even got to join the insane Between The Buried And Me on their Coma Ecliptic tour across Europe! And to round the year off, we went on a little cruise with a bunch of our favourite bands, friends and fans!

"Oh, and we also wrote and recorded an album that will enter all of your ears soon whether you like it or not and before you know it, we're gonna be pestering you with tour dates, ticket links and more limited edition cassette tapes (or not) than you'll know what to do with! Roll on 2016! Roll on ‪#‎H4KEN‬!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Haken
Posted: 03.01.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 111 users
03.01.2016 - 15:33
YourRequiem

I've been spinning "The Mountain" a lot last year, I'm really looking forward to the new material \m/
04.01.2016 - 01:09
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Glorious tidings!

Hits total: 2816 | This month: 5