Metal Storm logo
Thyrfing - Line Up Changes

The following message has been put on the official website of Swedish Viking Metal band Thyrfing:

"After a decade in the band, both Thomas Väänänen [vocals] and Henrik Svegsjö [guitar] have decided to leave Thyrfing. They have informed us that they lack the motivation needed for another album. We have split ways on good terms, and would like to thank them for all these great years."

With this being said, we hereby welcome Jens Rydén to the band as new vocalist. Jens is best known as founding member and ex-vocalist of Naglfar and recently also for his one-man army Profundi. We all feel very enthusiastic about bringing new blood into the band and it will be very interesting to write and compile the next Thyrfing album together.
For the time being we will go on with one guitar player, and time will tell what happens to the second guitar position?"

Source: thyrfing.com
Band profile: Thyrfing
Posted: 14.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 12 users
14.03.2007 - 22:34
Daru Jericho

Dammit! Väänänen's vocals were excellent.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.03.2007 - 03:52
Judas
The Amputator
Ahhhh, I really liked Väänänen's vocals, and Svegsjö was quite cool too. I'm not the hugest Naglfar fan, but maybe this will be a good thing for Thyrfing, with the contribution from a purely Black Metal artist like Jens Rydén. Let's wait and see...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.03.2007 - 09:11
GT
Coffee!!
Bummer I liked Väänänen's vocals as well...hope the fresh blood will be good though
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
15.03.2007 - 13:28
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I don't think that Rydén will be better than Väänänen. So I think this new change will affects not only the band but also their performances including their upcoming album.
15.03.2007 - 15:09
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
So sad for Thomas departure, he was a great vocalist...
Jens is good too, but it's not as good as Thomas in my opinion, I hope to wrong...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Hits total: 2840 | This month: 3