Metal Storm logo
The Gathering - New Live Album On The Way

Remember The Gathering last year's 25th special anniversary show? For those who couldn't be there, that show will be available as their new double live album TG25: Live At Doornroosje on the 29th of January 2016. All band members who ever graced The Gathering's line-up since the beginning in 1989 until the present day participated in the show. You can listen to 4 live songs from the release right now here.

TG25: Live At Doornroosje was recorded live at Doornroosje, Nijmegen, The Netherlands on the 9th of November 2014, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the band. The Gathering played 2 sets during that day. This recording is a mix of those 2 concerts.

TG25 line-up: Anneke van Giersbergen, Silje Wergeland, René Rutten, Hans Rutten, Frank Boeijen, Hugo Prinsen Geerligs, Marjolein Kooijman, Jelmer Wiersma, Bart Smits, Marike Groot and Noël Hofman.

Tracklist:

Disc I:
01. Saturnine
02. Strange Machines
03. Meltdown
04. Nighttime Birds
05. The Mirror Waters
06. King For A Day
07. Even The Spirits Are Afraid
08. Broken Glass
09. Heroes For Ghosts

Disc II:
01. Afterwords
02. Amity
03. On Most Surfaces (Inuit)
04. Paper Waves
05. Leaves
06. In Motion I
07. Travel
08. Waking Hour
09. I Can See Four Miles

The CD version will be available at record and other online shops, and it will be available digitally at their Bandcamp page. However, you can order this CD and various packages (also vinyl) right now at their webshop. Please note vinyl and vinyl packages will ship in March 2016.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Gathering
Posted: 12.01.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 25 users
12.01.2016 - 19:57
the_scarecrow

I think they missed a great opportunity to perform a non-acoustic version of "Like Fountains" with all the vocalists, or at least even Silje or Anneke. The original has great music and, sadly, irritating vocals, so it would have been nice to hear the song taken from the above perspective.

Hits total: 2251 | This month: 3