Metal Storm logo
Metallica - ...And Recording For All

The following update has been posted on metallica.com today (14 March):

"Metallica left the comfort of HQ this week to descend upon the greater Los Angeles area to begin recording their 9th original album. This is the first time they've recorded outside of the Bay Area since they spent an eternity at One-On-One Studios recording The Black Album in '90 and '91. The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk who played a solo! The big, shiny red button was finally pushed today - and the wait begins."

Some pictures of the band recording the follow-up of 2003's "St. Anger", can be found at this location.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 15.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   Visited by: 43 users
15.03.2007 - 13:53
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I hope so bad that's not the title of the album...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.03.2007 - 13:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Syk on 15.03.2007 at 13:53

You're joking right..

It just means they began recording the new album. I used that title since they use it too on their website and it sounded pretty catchy. Or at least more appealing and less stiff than "Metallica - Begin Recording New Album".
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.03.2007 - 14:00
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Why would I be joking? Anything is possible with these guys' current states of mind
----

15.03.2007 - 14:36
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 15.03.2007 at 13:56

Written by Syk on 15.03.2007 at 13:53

You're joking right..

It just means they began recording the new album. I used that title since they use it too on their website and it sounded pretty catchy. Or at least more appealing and less stiff than "Metallica - Begin Recording New Album".

I'd have to say that it caught my eye, Thryce, so, good job!

Here's hoping metallica at least put a better effort into this album. Hopefully it'll be a return to form after all these years, although it seems doubtful.
15.03.2007 - 14:40
Carrion
Account deleted
"The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk who played a solo!"

Well, good luck for them. And also for Rick Rubin. Nice title for the news btw
15.03.2007 - 14:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
I know that it'll be great!
----
15.03.2007 - 14:50
Nixx
Account deleted
Let's hope for a new "Master of Puppets" or "Ride the lightning" xD
though I really really doubt it >.<
15.03.2007 - 14:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Catchy title for sure. The new album's gonna kill I'm sure. Saw a interview with Ulrich and Connie Nielsen (his girlfriend) last night on Danish TV. She said the stuff she had heard was the best Metallica yet...hope that's true
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
15.03.2007 - 15:14
matthioso
This is going to be a killer album. better than anyone expects
----
www.seedofrock.be
15.03.2007 - 15:20
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I strongly hope in a good album, I think it will be better than St.Anger because worse than that album they couldn't do!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
15.03.2007 - 15:29
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Have you guys heard/seen either of the two "new" songs/videos? I can remember the second somewhat and just the basics of the first, and unfortunately it REALLY is NOT "new Ride the Lightning"
----

15.03.2007 - 15:35
matthioso
I think it will be some sort of new black album
----
www.seedofrock.be
15.03.2007 - 15:46
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 14:40

"The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk who played a solo!"

I laughed my ass off xD
15.03.2007 - 17:14
Der Meister
Account deleted
Listened to the live recording of "the first new song", it had some almost Thrashy moments, although they were few, but it was definitely better than anything on St. Anger! "The second new song" is another story, I thought it was quite terrible to be honest.
15.03.2007 - 17:25
GodOfBodoM
Account deleted
please, plaese, PLEASE! Metallica write something GOOD. not live st.anger
so dont disappoint me...
15.03.2007 - 18:03
ElCon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 17:25

please, plaese, PLEASE! Metallica write something GOOD. not live st.anger
so dont disappoint me...

You can't expect, that will be something new :-( and better :-( ... I love Metallica .. but I hate St.Anger ... If they can't meke heavy sound .. they should stop.
15.03.2007 - 18:12
X-FrEaK
Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 17:14

Listened to the live recording of "the first new song", it had some almost Thrashy moments, although they were few, but it was definitely better than anything on St. Anger! "The second new song" is another story, I thought it was quite terrible to be honest.

the first new song aint that one where James comes off with some kind of "Yeah yeahs" and " youhh youhh" ? i cant even express my feelings about that...song?
----
15.03.2007 - 18:16
Jay
Perkele
eurgh... why haven't they just changed their name to 'Nu Metallica'

and those two new songs...
----
This one goes to 11
15.03.2007 - 18:47
dancingdecember
those two new songs were disasterous but i really hope they will deliver a killer or at least decent album and make us feel metallica is back on the scene.i really want this.i never stopped listening to the real metallica we all love.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
15.03.2007 - 19:07
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by dancingdecember on 15.03.2007 at 18:47

those two new songs were disasterous but i really hope they will deliver a killer or at least decent album and make us feel metallica is back on the scene.i really want this.i never stopped listening to the real metallica we all love.

amen to that.
15.03.2007 - 19:15
Nixx
Account deleted
but (be-head me if you like) I don't think St.Anger was THAT bad though.
I mean, it was metallica taking a step in the "right" direction if you think about how the fans want it.
they got "heavy" again, ok so there weren't any guitar solos, but not every metal album needs one, besides,
that album seems to me more like a "therapy" album than anything else.
Tbh I love the lyrics on "My World" and "Invisible Kid", and I love how James voice adapts to yet another
"unheard" Metallica style.

I've been listening more to St.Anger recently than both "Load" and "Re-load", hell even "Black Album", and tbh, I find Black Album a bit "boring", no way if I could listen to the whole record in one piece (bad english kk? =( )

It's good to hear that Metallica are growing "balls" again, and I think that ill love the new metallica album, not because it's a work of genius, or masterminds, just simply 'cos it's Metallica, and that I grew up with them..

For me, Metallicas variety IS Metallica, but ofc, the "4 golden ones" --> everything they've made, but for me, after being a heavy fan of them for soon 11 years, it's still not boring listening to them, 'cos of the variety..

Anyways, Can't wait to hear the new album, and I hope that as few Metallica fans as possible will be disappointed ('cos face it, many will)

//Greetings from the icy-north..
15.03.2007 - 19:57
RavenLord
Written by X-FrEaK on 15.03.2007 at 18:12

the first new song aint that one where James comes off with some kind of "Yeah yeahs" and " youhh youhh" ? i cant even express my feelings about that...song?

I hope you realise that those 'yeahs' are simply filler because the song is a work in progress? There ARE going to be additional lyrics, you know.

I still don't expect much from this. Of course the band and those affiliated with it are going to say they like the material-they're going to endorse their music! Well, at least I'll be able to torrent this first, to see if they have improved...
----
15.03.2007 - 20:07
Endoftherainbow
If Rick Rubin can't fix them they're fucked.
15.03.2007 - 20:52
Der Meister
Account deleted
Written by X-FrEaK on 15.03.2007 at 18:12

Ok, I meant that the "Yeah yeah, oohh oohh!" song was the terrible one. I propably got confused with the order in which these have been spread to the net, or maybe you are? Doesn't matter really.
15.03.2007 - 23:07
Bitch Boy
So, we can get new album by, at least, 2009??
16.03.2007 - 00:57
Emperor IX
For some unkown reason, i have an overwwhelming feeling that we are going to see an instrumental song on this new album. Hurry up metallica, get off your high horse and find that inspiration you guys once utilized so well on your older albums. For me this new album doesnt have to sound the same as ride, puppets, or justice, but it has to capture the same balls out - fuck you attitude those albums are known for. If they can do that i will be satisfied.
16.03.2007 - 04:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I certainly hope that this will be better than St. Anger. Not trhat I dislike SA, but it's by far their worst album. Hopefully they'll level up again
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.03.2007 - 04:48
blackmagic567
Account deleted
Lets all hope this album turns out well, another thrash classic. if kirks playing a solo thats a good sign
16.03.2007 - 07:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im gonna quote Kerry King on this (excuse me if its not exact wording) "I dont know why Rick Rubin would produce for Metalica, there a sinking ship"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.03.2007 - 08:52
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Lars remembering to turn on the snare?
Kirk playing a solo?

Already sounds better than St. Anger... still not buying it :
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 3263 | This month: 21