Metal Storm logo
Pain Of Salvation - In The Studio, Update

The Swedes Pain Of Salvation are hard at work forging their new album. These are exciting times for the progressive band as they are holed up in the studio recording "heavy" and "complex" new songs. They are at Dugout Studios working with producer Daniel Bergstrand. Also, mainman and the only original member still in the group, Daniel Gildenlöw, also revealed that they are aiming for two releases this year.

Here is the band's latest update: "And so it's finally 2016! Welcome to this brand new Pain Of Salvation year (which I have decided to name 'Garbo'). We have intentionally been a bit restrictive with feeding you intel on our plans as of lately, but as a late Christmas gift, let us pull you into our secretly very busy world: Ok, so the lid finally comes off - we are actually in the studio right now, almost two weeks into the full-blown recording of our brand new album. And not in just any studio, with just any producer. We are in the Dugout studio with awesome producer Daniel Bergstrand (Meshuggah, In Flames etc), who was our hand picked top choice for recording this album, and was equally thrilled about getting a chance to work with us. We will keep posting thoughts, pictures and updates on this during the coming weeks, to keep you in the loop. You are, after all, our beloved extended family.

"And hey, as if that's not enough, we just recently joined forces with Glassville Music for management and booking, and we are planning for at least two releases this year, and some nice touring (yes, we know you want us to 'come to Brazil!'. 'Garbo' is here, my friends - and it seems like she might just be the most exciting year ever. Love and respect, Daniel.
"

Photos from the studio

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pain Of Salvation
Posted: 17.01.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 79 users
17.01.2016 - 15:38
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I know I should keep my expectations low, but damn this is exciting. I welcome their return to their heavier and more complex side.

Incoming releases from In Mourning, Haken, Hypno5e, Uneven Structure, Gojira, and two from Textures and PoS? This is going to be a wonderful year for prog.
18.01.2016 - 10:42
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Quote:
yes, we know you want us to 'come to Brazil!'

hahaha so true
18.01.2016 - 12:42
Candlemass
Defaeco
Oh my...
18.01.2016 - 14:09
BloodTears