Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - To Launch Video Game This Summer

Game time! Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden have just announced Iron Maiden: Legacy Of The Beast, an action-packed, free-to-play RPG steeped in Iron Maiden mythology, which will launch worldwide this summer on iOS and Android platforms.

Developed in close collaboration with the band's management, players take on the role of the band's iconic mascot, Eddie, in his many forms - each with unique abilities. Players explore new worlds, travel through time, and battle a cast of dramatic and engaging characters drawn from the expansive catalogue of Maiden's albums and art. Gameplay is enhanced with a soundtrack using songs spanning the band's entire career, including previously unheard live recordings of Iron Maiden classics adapted for the game by engineer Tony Newton under the close scrutiny of bassist and founding member Steve Harris.

"We know many of our fans are gamers and we have long thought that Eddie and Maiden's music and imagery would be perfect for this. It's something we have been looking at revisiting since Ed Hunter way back in 1999. Now in 2016 it can all be done on a smartphone so it makes it even more accessible for Maiden fans everywhere and also all the gamers out there," comments Harris.

Band manager Rod Smallwood says: "A game with tons of Maiden history, a load of unheard performances, and a chance to make your own Eddie army thanks to a world class Maiden-mad gaming company - now that's something I'm very excited about and I'm pretty sure our fans will be too. Thank you Roadhouse!"

Check out Iron Maiden Legacy for ongoing releases about the game.

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 18.01.2016 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 234 users
18.01.2016 - 19:33
J. N.
Account deleted
Robot Unicorn Attack: Press 'X' to dash to the hills should be done.
18.01.2016 - 19:46
quirin
Topping Ed Hunter won't be too hard
18.01.2016 - 19:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"Free-to-play"

Probably the 3 worst words in video gaming language.
18.01.2016 - 21:39
MetalDoomMaster
Written by Guest on 18.01.2016 at 19:52

"Free-to-play"

Unless it's Path of Exile. Their free-to-play model is pretty amazing though, as is the game itself.

I don't really see how this game is going to be anything but awful though.
18.01.2016 - 21:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 18.01.2016 at 21:39

Unless it's Path of Exile. Their free-to-play model is pretty amazing though, as is the game itself.

I don't really see how this game is going to be anything but awful though.

Oh yeah, I heard plenty of good things about that, though never played it.
18.01.2016 - 22:16
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I prefer the Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Even though Path Of Exile is good too.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.01.2016 - 23:02
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Guest on 18.01.2016 at 19:52

"Free-to-play"

League of Legends, Path of Exile, Hearthstone...
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
19.01.2016 - 01:58
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Free to play mobile game...next!
19.01.2016 - 02:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 18.01.2016 at 23:02

League of Legends, Path of Exile, Hearthstone...

Yeah yeah, I get the picture. It's still a horribly toxic element in modern gaming for the most part.
19.01.2016 - 02:50
I wonder if it's going to be as bad as Ed Hunter. Bands should really stay away from this kind of thing as it just cheapens their brand with nasty poorly conceived crap.
19.01.2016 - 03:06
Lokasenna
DOTA sure, but League of Legends is *barely* free.

War Thunder is good till you hit the long grind for jets.
19.01.2016 - 04:31
Sang Dalang Abu
Written by Lokasenna on 19.01.2016 at 03:06

I prefer play Dota rather than League of Loser.
20.01.2016 - 04:54
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

League is 100% free. I've been playing since season 1, have achieved some of the highest ranks, and have never spent a penny for anything other than worthless skins that simply look cool and have no effect on gameplay.
----
20.01.2016 - 05:16
Lokasenna
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 20.01.2016 at 04:54

League is 100% free. I've been playing since season 1, have achieved some of the highest ranks, and have never spent a penny for anything other than worthless skins that simply look cool and have no effect on gameplay.

Unless they changed something to compete with the other MOBA games, you only have a small selection of "free" characters to play as that rotate every week, with the rest being paid for - so if there's a character you specifically want, you have to buy him.
20.01.2016 - 05:25
EliteJerk
Written by Lokasenna on 20.01.2016 at 05:16

Unless they changed something to compete with the other MOBA games, you only have a small selection of "free" characters to play as that rotate every week, with the rest being paid for - so if there's a character you specifically want, you have to buy him.

LoL's characters a paid for, with currency earned from playing matches.
But anyway, seeing as this is a mobile game chances are that it won't be any good.
20.01.2016 - 14:15
Lokasenna
Fallout Shelter was a mobile game and it was pretty good.
21.01.2016 - 03:26
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Lokasenna on 20.01.2016 at 05:16

You pay for them with in game currency. People who think they have to spend actual money to buy champs and win are suckers, lol. I'll admit, it can take some time to do that, but dude, I've been playing for YEARS and still don't own every champ. But all you need is a small pool of ones you are decent at to have fun and play well.
----
26.01.2016 - 14:51
Big-Al
I'm looking forward to trying it
----

I drink moosepiss
29.01.2016 - 06:51
Sang Dalang Abu

Thats called accessories. Accessories.. as you said to look cool. If have effect on gameplay all rich player will overpower poor player.
Well said fanboy great sarcasm. Good job, good job

Hits total: 3528 | This month: 8