Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Recruit New Guitarist

Finnish metallers Children Of Bodom have announced the addition of guitarist Daniel Freyberg of Norther fame to the group's ranks. The band says: "Look for him on all upcoming tours!" Children Of Bodom had recruited Antti Wirman last year, the younger brother of the band's keyboardist Janne Wirman, to handle second-guitar duties for their shows.

They have not revealed if Daniel Freyberg is a permanent member now or if he will just join them on their live shows.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 20.01.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 127 users
20.01.2016 - 21:21
The Evergreen

That is so appropriate, really.
21.01.2016 - 03:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Go figure they would recruit a member of the biggest CoB clone band on the planet, of which they just also happen to be Finns too. Lmao!

I can almost imagine how that invite went:
"Hey, dude, how'd you like to actually play CoB songs for a change?"
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.01.2016 - 08:29
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 21.01.2016 at 03:37

Go figure they would recruit a member of the biggest CoB clone band on the planet, of which they just also happen to be Finns too. Lmao!

I can almost imagine how that invite went:
"Hey, dude, how'd you like to actually play CoB songs for a change?"

To be fair, he wasn't a longtime member of Norther. I believe he was just around toward Norther's end once Petri was kicked out and they needed a second guitarist.
21.01.2016 - 16:30
Arcesse Eum

You know what they say... fake it til you make it
----
As above, so below.
21.01.2016 - 18:58
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 21.01.2016 at 08:29

To be fair, he wasn't a longtime member of Norther. I believe he was just around toward Norther's end once Petri was kicked out and they needed a second guitarist.

The irony is still very much ironic. And that's the point of my mock invitation, like, "Hey, bro. Pity on the CoB clone gig not working out for ya, how'd you like to actually play in CoB, and not just our biggest clone band?"
----

22.01.2016 - 20:16
Veertje

Written by psykometal on 21.01.2016 at 18:58

Written by Guest on 21.01.2016 at 08:29

The irony is still very much ironic. And that's the point of my mock invitation, like, "Hey, bro. Pity on the CoB clone gig not working out for ya, how'd you like to actually play in CoB, and not just our biggest clone band?"

Meh. I get the whole 'Norther is a clone of CoB', but for me, their music is pretty recognisable as theirs instead of being CoB's. Death Unlimited is far better than Hatebreeder IMO.

They did have the same progression though: release three awesome albums, then one slighty less cool and after that, only crap.:lol:
23.01.2016 - 01:16
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Veertje on 22.01.2016 at 20:16

Meh. I get the whole 'Norther is a clone of CoB', but for me, their music is pretty recognizable as theirs instead of being CoB's. Death Unlimited is far better than Hatebreeder IMO.
Yea, no. No CoB clone album will ever be better than Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper.
Quote:

They did have the same progression though: release three awesome albums, then one slightly less cool and after that, only crap.

Yea, I think that's another big reason they are widely regarded as a clone.
----

23.01.2016 - 06:27
Veertje

Written by psykometal on 23.01.2016 at 01:16

Meh. I get the whole 'Norther is a clone of CoB', but for me, their music is pretty recognizable as theirs instead of being CoB's. Death Unlimited is far better than Hatebreeder IMO.
Yea, no. No CoB clone album will ever be better than Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper.
Quote:

True, no album will ever top Follow The Reaper, but Hatebreeder is not better than Death Unlimited. I'm tempted to say MIrror Of Madness is better too.

Written by psykometal on 23.01.2016 at 01:16

They did have the same progression though: release three awesome albums, then one slightly less cool and after that, only crap.

Yea, I think that's another big reason they are widely regarded as a clone.

Hits total: 1952 | This month: 6