Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

16.03.2007 - 01:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.03.2007 - 02:36
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Hmm... Not sure if this is a nu metal band but Drop Dead, Gorgeous... Theyre more of a screamo band... lol Oh well.
16.03.2007 - 03:42
Bitch Boy
The only nu metal band I really like is Korn, I actually can say I enjoy every album, but I prefer the first four.

I also enjoy some songs by Evanescence, Mudvayne, and Linkin Park. I own one song from Godsmack, "Awake", amazing song. Same with Breaking Benjamin, "Forget it", it's really cool, but that's the only thing I know about the band, never heard anything else.
16.03.2007 - 04:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bitch Boy on 16.03.2007 at 03:42

I also enjoy some songs by Evanescence, Mudvayne, and Linkin Park. I own one song from Godsmack, "Awake", amazing song. Same with Breaking Benjamin, "Forget it", it's really cool, but that's the only thing I know about the band, never heard anything else.

You must check both of them, really.- Godsmakc is simply amazing, Awake is teh song that gave them fame, but they have better songs. About Breaking Benjamin, "Forget it" is a really nice ballad, but the harder songs are way better.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

16.03.2007 - 04:15
Bitch Boy
@ +{Cat Eyes}+: I remember I saw a Godsmack video, it wasn't a long time ago, I suppose it was from a recent song, and I especially liked the solo. The vocals are also good.
16.03.2007 - 04:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like Evanescence (I prefer to call them gothic rock though), Korn, Godsmack (though I know like 3 songs only), System of A Down, some songs of Mudvayne, A.F.I
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
16.03.2007 - 04:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bitch Boy on 16.03.2007 at 04:15

@ +{Cat Eyes}+: I remember I saw a Godsmack video, it wasn't a long time ago, I suppose it was from a recent song, and I especially liked the solo. The vocals are also good.

Yes their solos are pretty good, and their videos are always fun.

Written by The Alchemist on 16.03.2007 at 04:34

A.F.I

AFI is not Nu metal dude, they're some weird hybrid between punk and rock...
----

16.03.2007 - 06:04
tulkas
el parcero
isn't AFI an emo group anyway, they suck, hehe
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
16.03.2007 - 09:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
Metallica St. Anger! Without doubt the most underestimated album ever. It's fast, angry and full of great energy! When I first came to this site and saw all the hate against it I was shocked
----
16.03.2007 - 14:58
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
I really wouldnt call St. Anger nu-metal...

Anyway, the best nu metal I heard is probably Bloodsimple's album "Cruel World"... Mudvayne is also pretty decent.
16.03.2007 - 15:03
matthioso
Written by jupitreas on 16.03.2007 at 14:58

I really wouldnt call St. Anger nu-metal

finally someone who agrees with me . the album may have some nu influences, but in general it's thrash.

nu metal bands I like...well euh... more nu albums I like

Slipnot: Vol.3 (The subliminal verses): less nu metal than the previous onces, more influences from melodic death
SOAD: Toxicity: Filled with energy, after this album they went down
Korn: Take a look in the mirror: all the agressiveness, great album to lose stress
and then there's Godsmack which have a few good songs, but none of there albums is good on the whole

btw, great idea for a topic
----
www.seedofrock.be
17.03.2007 - 16:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by tulkas on 16.03.2007 at 06:04

isn't AFI an emo group anyway, they suck, hehe

No they're not. If you listen to the old albums you'll se they were more like post-punk. They're more like "depresive punk-rock". And they don't suck.
----

17.03.2007 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahahaha well there are no nu metal bands what I like, maybe there are soem songs what I like but I doubt and I shood think to remeber, and im to lazy to do it

But well one band what I like are Evanescence, mosuly becaus eemmy lee, maybe not all albums, but moustly videos and those songs are great, ist sometimes more beter how new Within Tamtaion song/video.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.03.2007 - 05:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, Otep, Chevelle, Kittie, Spineshank, Deftones, Coal Chamber...all these bands are great nu metal bands that are exceptable in my opinion...
18.03.2007 - 10:44
rebelos
Account deleted
Otep: great voice
Slipknot: you know... Slipknot
SOAD: prog-nu-metal unique sound, unique voice! (Tankian, Malakian actually sucks )
As I Lay Dying: are preety good or they are metalcore?
Avenged Sevenfold: i enjoyed some of their songs
From Autumn To Ashes: same with AILD
18.03.2007 - 14:03
arnsy
Account deleted
I like many french nu-metal bands :
-Psykup
-Eths
-TAF
-Assana
-Bullshit Inc.
-Backstab

I also like many albums by well-known nu-metal bands :
-"Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $" by Limp Bizkit is a masterpiece in their bad discography
-"The Subliminal Verses" by Slipknot is a very good album
-I enjoy "Toxicity" by SOAD because when you play one of its songs with the guitar, everybody knows it.

I hate the "nu metal haters". I think they are the true fashion victims, now.
18.03.2007 - 15:55
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
> Mudvayne (best band ever)
> SoaD (not nu imo, but u get it)
> Staind (cuz its great no matter what you may say)
> KoRn (like to hear it sometimes.. old korn of course)

and then you have Tool, Dry Kill Logic, Soulfly, Evanescence, 36 Crazyfists, Disturbed.. a few bands that i listen to also once in a while.
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
18.03.2007 - 18:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Ah, I forgot to mention System Of A Down because I really like them...are they really classified as progressive nu metal? I don't think they're really that progressive...sure, they're experimental and alternative, but prog?

@arnsy: I agree with you with that Limp Bizkit album...all other albums they made suck except for Three Dollar Bill, Y'All...
18.03.2007 - 23:58
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I heard Otep the other day. The music is fine, but the lyrics are all over the place...
20.03.2007 - 02:28
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
The only band I ever got into from the "Nu" Metal crowd was Disturbed and I still quite enjoy them. I never really caught on because while everyone was getting into Slipknot, Coal Chamber, and KoRn I was getting into Hip Hop, so I kind of missed that era. However, it is most likely because of Disturbed and a game I once played that I now listen to Metal, and a huge array of other genre's too. So, thanks to them.
----
The force will be with you, always.
20.03.2007 - 02:48
Neto_o
Account deleted
Papa Roach (Infest, Lovehatetragedy Albums)
Korn (old albums)

I preffer any other metal style... But think those bands are not bad
20.03.2007 - 05:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I like Rob Zombie....some people consider him Nu-Metal and others dont so its hard for me to tell, either way I have no problem admitting Im a Zombie fan.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.03.2007 - 20:04
Olli
-Slipknot
-Mushroomhead
-Mudvayne
I would also class st. anger as nu-metal, and i like that too.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
21.03.2007 - 04:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 18.03.2007 at 10:44

As I Lay Dying: are preety good or they are metalcore?

They're metalcore. But they're still pretty good.

Written by Doc G. on 20.03.2007 at 05:54

I like Rob Zombie....some people consider him Nu-Metal and others dont so its hard for me to tell, either way I have no problem admitting Im a Zombie fan.

I think they're like Industrial Nu Metal. But that's just my opinion.

Written by ilicit on 18.03.2007 at 15:55

and then you have Tool,

Partner, show some respect. Tool is not Nu. Tool is Tool. Period.
----

21.03.2007 - 04:43
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
I'd say Zombie is simply shock rock/metal and since shock rock traditionally has a bit of a circus of events happening around it, it is not surprising that there are some industrial elements in there (the same can be said for Marylin Manson).

And Tool, while not necessarily strictly nu-metal, have definitely had a HUGE influence on the scene...
21.03.2007 - 05:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by jupitreas on 21.03.2007 at 04:43

I'd say Zombie is simply shock rock/metal and since shock rock traditionally has a bit of a circus of events happening around it, it is not surprising that there are some industrial elements in there (the same can be said for Marylin Manson).

And Tool, while not necessarily strictly nu-metal, have definitely had a HUGE influence on the scene...

Yeah but Zombie has alot of hip-hop type material that you see in alot of nu-metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 02:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by jupitreas on 21.03.2007 at 04:43

But Rob Zombie is still consedered Nu, despite they arent precisely in the genre. Manson is also considered Nu. Is he Nu? Liek Gothic Nu Metal?

And yes, Tool has a huge influence for being Alternative Metal themselves, But they're not nu.
----

22.03.2007 - 03:02
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.03.2007 at 02:43

But Rob Zombie is still consedered Nu, despite they arent precisely in the genre. Manson is also considered Nu. Is he Nu? Liek Gothic Nu Metal?

Rob Zombie and Marylin Manson are NOT considered nu. If somebody claims otherwise then well... the are wrong
22.03.2007 - 03:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by jupitreas on 22.03.2007 at 03:02

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.03.2007 at 02:43

Rob Zombie and Marylin Manson are NOT considered nu. If somebody claims otherwise then well... the are wrong

I never saw Manson as Nu, but many people does. However I always thought of Rob as Nu... Like... Industrial Nu. I was wrong then
----

24.03.2007 - 13:25
Anathemani@c
Korn - Follow the leader is a good alboum IMO, especially the song "Another freak on the leash". The weird voices the singer does drive me crazy! Anyway, although the new System Of A Down alboums are preety cool IMO and some other songs. But I dont like Malakian- he kills music by covering songs like when the smoke is going down from scorpions and master of puppets from metallica..Also, Rammstein are a great band.. Alboums such as Mutter, Sonne and their last Rossenrot have pissed me off!!!:gunner:
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???